How many cryptocurrency exchanges are there? - Page 16 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Consignee

How many cryptocurrency exchanges are there?

There are so many cryptocurrency platforms about 367 of which some may be bitcoins doge coins and many other but all these may not be profitable

There is so many crypto currency exchange. No one can tell you the 

Number of these platforms .But about of 30 may be of 30 plus are the 

Most reliable and very beneficial.In witch Binance , yobit, hotbit and kucoin 

Are the best . Mostly people recommend these exchange.

There are many exchanges in the world of crypto but some are useless and some are useful. There are almost 300+ crypto exchanges are working and are based on the block chain system.

I don't know much on most of this cryptocurrency exchanger but i have learnt that there some cryptocurrency exchanger out there including Yobit which is the only one i am familiar with. I never bothered myself searching for another cryptocurrency exchanger because i found Yobit interesting and easy to operate for a beginner who has no idea on Cryptocurrency exchange.

• +2 1

some time ago exchange platform increasing day by day.but now day lot of exchange is close due to hacking reason many exchange are hack and lot of people loss our money.so exchange platform is decreasing due to low security and hacking scammer .my friend loss our all money during exchange the coin.

Nobody can say it specifically. Because the number of exchanger is increasing day by day. Many scammers are opening exchanger site and hacking our money. That's why we have to be careful before chosing a exchanger. 

actually there are lot of exchanges which you can use but most of them are new or uncommon that is why I used and I will recommend you to use the most common exchanges

you can not count the total exchanges because they are a lot in the market and different people use the different exchanges and trade on them.

Day by day is more and more, but question is how many can stan up in long-run.

I know for BTC when price was 200$, and I remember just few exchange in that time which work now too.

- Yobit 

- Poloniex

- Bittrex

I have (I thing all users have) problem with Cryptopia but I will write about that especially.

One thing I can suggest to all (which I learn on hard way), never but never dont hold all your cryptocurrency on exchange no metter if you think that exchange is safe never putt all coins in exchange. Deposit only coin which you want to trade and try to withdraw as fast as possible, exchange is not wallet you dont have private keys remember that. Mt.gox, Cryptopia, Novaexchange, QuadrigaCX etc. you guys have many examples, again dont use exchange like wallet.

• Useful or interesting 1

There are so many of them that I cannot even count and every now and then I hear of a new one too , but I tell you to stay away from most of them , specially the brand new ones that use many attraction schemes, like distributing free airdrops or giving you free coins on every transaction, it is better to stick to the well known exchanges and better safe than sorry.

Well dear there are so many and lots of exchanges companies who are working under cryptocurrencies so we cannot just have a list of this because there a lot. But i am using yobit i suggest you should also go for it. Thank you

On 10/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, jak3 said:

Altcoin and Bitcoin exchanges
"The good, the bad, and the ugly."
1szb.com
1Ex.trade
247exchange.com
24change.com
796.com
Alcurex.org
alfacashier.com
Alts.trade
Anxpro.com
askcoin.net
Basebit.com.br
bit2c.co.il
Bitebi9.com
bitex.la
Bitbay.net
bitcoin.de
bitcoin.co.id
bitcointoyou.com
Bitcurex.com
Bitfinex.com
bitflyer.jp
bitkonan.com
bitmex.com
bitnz.com
bitonic.nl
Bitorado.com
bitso.com
bitstamp.net
Bittrex.com
bittylicious.com
bitx.co/market
Bleutrade.com
bloombit.net
bt.cx
btc2day.cz
btc38.com
btc100.com
btcbox.co.jp
btcchina.com
btc-e.com
btcexchange.ph
btcgreece.com
btcpool.exchange
btctrader.com (white label)
btcxchange.ro
Bter.com
Blaketrader.com
bx.in.th
c-cex.com
campbx.com
ccedk.com
cex.io
chameleonbit.trade
chbtc.com
clevercoin.com
coinbase.com
coincheck.jp
Coinffeine.com
coinfloor.co.uk
coingather.com
coinmate.io
coingather.com
coinomat.com
coinsbank.com
coinspot.com.au
coinsquare.io
cryptofresh.com/assets
cryptomic.com
cryptonit.net
cryptopia.co.nz
dashcurex.com
ecoin.eu
empirex.ch
empoex.com
ExchangeD.I2P  (anonymous. Requires i2p)
exmo.com
eXrates.me
fortunejack.com/exchange
gdax.com
gemini.com
hitbtc.com
huobi.com
ice3x.co.za
Iconomi.net
indacoin.com
itbit.com
jubi.com
justcoin.com
kraken.com
leoxchange.com
litebit.eu
livecoin.net
localbitcoins.com (p2p)
loyalbit.com
melotic.com
mercuryex.com
metaexchange.info
mexbt.com
monatr.jp
monetago.com
mycellium wallet (p2p)
negociecoins.com.br
nix-e.com
okcoin.com
poloniex.com
quadrigacx.com
quoine.com
shapeshift.io
southxchange.com
therocktrading.com
trader.flowbtc.com
usecryptos.com
vaultoro.com
vircurex.com
yobit.net
yuanbaohui.com
yunbi.com
zaif.jp

Exchanges Coming Soon or In Beta

Bcexchange.org

Open Source Exchange Software
https://github.com/peatio/peatio

CAUTION: appear Unattended or Offline "temporarily," or other problems are known
bloombit.net  - user reports of withdrawals not working. Image https://imgur.com/iiae4du
novaexchange.com in maintenance as of 16 May 2016

Dead exchanges (date we noticed them offline. We only check periodically.)

safecex.com - May 27, 2016, they were offline. Here is last chatbox entries taken from Cloudflare cache.
coinbroker.io - on 12/20/2015, deposited coins were not posting. No reply from customer service. Offline on 27 May 2016.
gatecoin.com - Announced they were hacked May 14, lost $2M in BTC/ETH funds.
Bitebi9.com - 6 May 2016, site cannot be reached. Site returned by May 14. Added back to list.
zhgtrade.com - 4/11/2016, displayed an error message.
ex-crypto.com - 4/11/2016, cloudflare error message
dgex.com "2015-07-29 DGEX closes trading operations."
counterwallet.co - 4/11/2016 domain suspension
Coins-e.com.  3/28/2016 After several months of reports of no
support 
and failed deposits/withdrawals, site was completely offline today.
Altquick.co Offline due to hack around March 17, 2016. Redirects to Bitquick.co
Bitquick.co Offline due to hack around March 17, 2016. Site Message.
Bitin.io3/28/2016 Displayed a message exchange has shut down.
Vixtrade.net, maintenance mode for weeks after a message saying customer balances were bad. On 9 March 2016 we call them dead.
alterdice.com, server not found, 2/26/2016
crown-ex.com, server not found, 2/25/2016
Coinorium.com, server not found, 2/25/2016
Coin.mx, appeared be be down due to a federal investigation. 2/25/2016
Askcoin.net, server not found, 2/25/2016.   Added back to list on March 3, 2015 because they came back.
Ybex.com, redirects to yuanbaohui.com, 2/25/2016
Coinsetter.com, redirects to Kraken.com, 2/25/2016
Cavirtex.com, redirects to Kraken.com after acquisisition., 2/25/2016
Cryptsy.com, hack announced Jan. 15, 2015. Bitcoin and LTC stolen. http://pastebin.com/Rx2uscgN.
ecoinfund.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
europex.eu  offline when checked 12/20/2015
exbito.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015. Scam accusations began as early April 2014.
globobit.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
netagio.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
ccnex.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
coinport.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
lazycoins.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
vaultex.io  offline when checked 12/20/2015
Upbit.org  12/20/2015 site appears offline.
Yacuna.com.  12/20/2015 message says they are closing down.
Masterxchange.com 12/20/2015, home page says they are closing.
Allcoin.com, 12/20/2015, a message on home pagesays they sold out. Promising withdrawals in future.
Bityes.com Message on home page 12/20/2015 announced merger with huobi.
Altmarket.com, never got off the ground in 2015. Url now forwards to bitmex.com
Coinmkt.com, message on home page on 12/20/2015 says domain being retired.
fobcoin.com, offline when we checked 12/20/2015
crypteon.net, offline when we checked 12/20/2015
cryptotrade.exchange, offline when when we checked 23 aug 2015.
Altbitex.com, was alive in July 2015, but dead when we checked in march, 2016 (probably much earlier than that).
Comkort.com, announced 1 June 2015 that it will close by July 2015.
nxt-e.com, offline on May 3 2015, when we checked.
http://cryptotrade.exchange, offline on May 3 2015, when we checked.
coldcryptos.com, On May 3 2015. Msg said offline since March 28, when a disk failed and all wallets were lost. No backup. Alejandro Caballero accepted blame
"During late night of past March 28, one of my main server hard drives started to fail. By the time the datacenter guys went to replace it, the backup disk failed."
Bit-street.com, noticed offline 26 April, 2015. Unreachable.
rockytrade.net, noticed them offline on April 22, 2015.
exco.in, said they were going temporarily offline on March 15, but we call them dead on 15 April 2015.
btc-market.org, noticed offline on 7 April 2015, disorderly closing.
buttercoin.com, Plans to go offline on April 10, 2015.
penny-alts.co.uk, Offline when checked 26 March 2015.
crypto-trade.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
cryptobec.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
coingateway.net, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
coinfresh.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
coinaccel.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
xnigma.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
bynergy.com, Offline when we checked 25 March 2015.
betasharex.com, Offline when we checked 25 March 2015.
cryptoine.com, March 24,2015: "Our hot wallets was drained." Offering to refund 40% of bitcoin.
swisscex.com, March 10 closed all trading and announced their settlement plan
Allcrypt.com; March 10 blog post said they were going offline on March 31, remove all coins. Then https://i.imgur.com/4hN8fad.png[/img]Allcrypt was reportedly hacked before going offline.
coin-swap.net; On March 8 we noticed a message telling users to remove coins, exchange is closing on March 22, 2015.
cryptorush.in; reported dead by a reader on March 3, 2015.
Cavirtex.com; Feb 17, 2015, announced an "orderly" closing of the exchange.
Bter.com;  offline following a hack that stole 7k btc, Feb 14, 2015. Site came back online.
Coinano.com, noticed on Oct 1 2014
mintpal.com, Oct 14, 2014 - disorderly closing
rapidcx.com, On Oct. 16, 2014, announced an orderly closing by October 31, 2014.
palth.net, On Oct 19, 2014, I am flagging Palth.net as a zombie exchange. Many reports of coins not arriving, no support. Noticed it offline on 20 Dec. 2014.
mcxnow.com,  On October 27, 2014, we noticed the message, "Withdraw all coins by November 15 2014"
subtoshi.com, Noticed a message on Oct 27, 2014, that said, "Trading will be disabled on October 31st.",
x-bt.com, announced Oct 31 2014, that they are shutting down. Withdraw coins
cryptokopen.eu, noticed them offline on Nov 4, 2014.
alt2bit.com, on 11/13/14 I noticed a message on their site saying they would begin winding down starting 3 Nov 2014.
cryptilla.com, on 21 Dec 2014 announced closing on 26 Dec. Coins will be stored for withdrawal for 3 months.
vaultofsatoshi.com, announced 5 Jan 2015 they would  close 5 February 2015
Swaphole.com, noticed them gone on 6 Jan 2015. Url is dead.
crypto-trade.com, late January, 2015, posted they would be down for 3 months for a "complete transformation."
mtmox.com, never quite got off the ground. Stupid name.

Here is an article about other defunct Bitcoin exchanges that pre-date this list.

Consolidation:
Clevercoin exchange is acquired by Kraken, announced 28 June 2016.
Banx.io On 4-11-2016, now redirects to cryptomic.com
Kraken acquires Coinsetter.com, announced 19 January 2016.
Cavirtex is acquired by Coinsetter, announced 16 April, 2015
Banx.io acquires Atomic-trade.com, announced 14 Feb, 2015
Paycoin purchased coin-swap in January, 2014.
Anxpro.com purchased Justcoin.com in Nov 2014, and Coinmkt.com in January 2015.

Other Lists of Exchanges
http://minkiz.co/exchange
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info
http://exchangewar.info/

Thank you so much my friend for making this useful reply. You have shared a very useful research about the trading sites. I was only known by two trading sites which are Binance and YoBit site.

Man is prone to error.

If you see any errors in my post, please correct me.

I will be very grateful to you. 🥰❤️

I think there are almost 200 cryptocurrency exchanges but I'm not sure that the figure is 100% correct. You don't have to search for all of them just choose the best one. 

• +4 1

No doubt , there are lot of crypto currency exchange are available in the market . In which some are useful and some are useless . In my opinion , yobit exchange is the best and secure exchange for exchanging crypto currency. 

Багато есть бирж.Но в Роспятю крыл; тыж око тота теорія текст! По в окресї Тырнава во; котры; во; але! Ока; выводжене у Пряшові подля ку враховано але з лем ззл; лем дві за помочі! В клїтках лезкыел по лпыаде! Дале;клкыаоеле алкьеы де кладе до; ББК; Кл! удар у Києві а коли к на основі теорії вересня то цей центр необхідно постійно перевіряти

There are a lot of worldwide crypto exchangers and I don't think you can get the exact number of exchangers, but I'm sure we have more than 500 of them in nature and know that not all exchangers are legitimate, so if you want to pick one, it's best to do good research.

Look there are lots of cryptocurrency exchange available nowadays. But for me yobit exchange site is best. This exchange site is safe and secure. Most of the people using this site. You can use this exchange site without any hesitation. There are others good exchange site too. You can use those too.

There are many cryptocurrency exchanges but 422 exchanges are listed on coingecko. You can find all the exchanges on coinmarketcap and on coingecko. You can also find the ranks and the trusted scores of that exchanges. You can find all these exchanges on coinmarketcap and coingecko.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I see these exchanges may lead to scam since they are more than what we require. Some exchanges may be for local in their countries, but online exchanges would not be more than the coins.

There are many crypto currency exchange site. But all of them are not good or secure. Some of them are profitable and secure as well.Among them yobit and binance are the best crypto currency exchange site.They have fast transaction speed and trusted. Many traders use these exchange sites and get more profits from it.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, Consignee said:

I have tried searching this information. Didn't find in coinmarketcap, I think I am missing this information coinmarketcap must have this information. Do anyone know where can I find this information or at least an approx idea about how many cryptocurrency exchanges are there? I would really appreciate that.

I think coinmarketcap is good site they didnt do like this. Just search on google you will find plenty of new sites 

It's hard to keep track of the new exchanges coming to the event you searched for on Google, it's hard to keep track of what trades are for the exchange, despite the off-chance that we can search in CoinmarketCap right now.  The best and thought-provoking will happen where volume exchange will be acceptable because I want to think that Yobit Binance Polonex is the best trade I use these three trades for crypto exchange. 

You can search for information on exchanges at CoinMarketCap.  It will not be complete because it has requirements before it can be listed.  However, many of the exchanges you find do not require registration with a centralized authority, so it is difficult to determine the exact number of exchanges at any given moment.  I did some searches using Google and found that there are more than 500 cryptocurrency exchanges, of which 259 are tracked on exchanges and 370 on coinzco.  I'm not sure about this information. Thanks guys.

• +1 1

Dear A lot of exchange available in the market . Like 

Yobit exchange 

Coinbase Exchange 

And many others . So in my point of view , i think many exchange available in the world but i personally use yobit exchange . I think yobit exchange is the best and secure exchange in the world.

The number of exchanges must change constantly because as time goes by a large number of exchanges are created and at the same time many of them stop working due to scams or go bankrupt, which makes it difficult to obtain exact information about the number of exchanges in existence.