Bitcoin will not replace gold - Page 19 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Dark Shadow

Bitcoin will not replace gold

Both Bitcoin and Gold are one of the most valuable and precious item in the world. With my understanding of the two, bitcoin can not replace gold. It not everybody that believe in Bitcoin and more so bitcoin is not physical item but digital currency.

I my opinion is that only time would tell which would turn out to be better than the other or whether both would have equal value and acceptance in the world. I cannot neglect the fact that potential of Bitcoins are reallyhuge. But for Bitcoins to match up with popularity of gold is going to take really long time. The future holds more than we expected.

I do agree with you on the statement that both will run side by side. But in my opinion bitcoin will not get such a wide market like that of gold , rather bitcoin will have a narrower market but at very larger transaction volumes. Cryptocurrency will be the best short term investment substance in the future and I don't see anything else coming close.

Bitcoin is volatile while gold is not. Gold is a stable coin and that's why big companies and investors are now investing in bitcoin because its will yield more profits than gold. The price of gold is stable and only experience little or no change in price. 

Yeah it is sure that Bitcoin can never replace gold. But I hope that once Bitcoin can be in equal terms of gold. Both can rule the market. Bitcoin being started just before few years have not still attained a good part. But in running time it can increase its value.

Yes of course. Bit coin will never exchange or never equal to gold. Gold value increase day by day. It not decrease. If decrease it’s little bit amount again increase. So this is never be equal. Bitcoin never able to compare with gold.        

Let’s start with a reminder that Bitcoin has a certain number that can be mined and these are now comparing to a great crypto currency that is virtually unlimited and will compare to gold as long as life itself remains, Bitcoin cannot replace gold.

Bitcoin and gold are almost always considered safe havens among investors, but the movements of Bitcoin are too violent to be considered a safe haven.
The safe haven should be characterized by relative stability,
Also, trading on gold is possible for many people and making good profits because it is still at good prices and people can buy it, but Bitcoin cannot easily buy a piece.

Gold is a strong and secure asset and is quite lucrative for long-term investment opportunities, while Bitcoin also owns some gold properties, such as its peculiarity, higher cost, etc. These points show that, in term of investments, gold and Bitcoin will both be valuable and neither will consider replacing the other.

Thank you for this topic. I think that Bitcoin can replace gold, because this currency will be the future of electronic commerce

Dear Thank you for this wonderful topic of discussion.

But in my opinion, I find that we cannot neglect the fact that the potential of Bitcoins is really huge but for Bitcoins to match the popularity of gold it will take a really long time. 

Bitcoin still has a long way to go, and I think it will have huge successes in the future.

I think BTC never replace gold because most people trust in gold investment and everybody have faith in solid state instead of cloud and investment in gold is mostly profitable. On the other hand BTC have not much reliable as gold and only people how have solid knowledge about crypto can invest in BTC. Because BTC price always fluctuate more then gold.

Hi friends I think both Bitcoin and gold are important both are rare gold is a long term investment and Bitcoin is a short term investment both are very valuable these days in the market their rates are very high but I like Bitcoin because it's a digital currency and I wanted to do trading with this.

I believe that Bitcoin will not be a substitute for gold, and it can be a strong contender for many hard currencies such as the dollar and the euro, as it can replace one of them, nothing is excluded, but it takes some time.

Edited by 11crypto123
Different writing language

Brother it will because now a days bitcoin price is so up and we can't compare it by gold so i personally think that bitcoin will replace gold price but maybe it will be not at the other hand we also see the proce of gold are also high so its difficult to say bitcoin will replace gold or not

Yes Dear i am strongly agree with you . You are saying well . Bitcoin and gold having their own importance and values . but most of people not familiar to bitcoin for them worth of gold is much than bitcoin 

I totally agree with you my friend, I think that the two go hand in hand and are too important to be one better than the other, you both have different aspects but just as important.

Both bitcoin and gold are precious and popular right now. But bitcoin will not replaced with gold. Because gold has a physical appearance and bitcoin hasnot. And there are also some negativity in people's mind with digital currency but not with gold. 

On 10/30/2020 at 9:33 PM, Dark Shadow said:

There are many discussions in this forum about whether Bitcoin will replace gold or not. I personally think that they will both run side by side and neither of them will replace each other because:

1. Both are equally rare
  2. Both have liquidity
  3. Both are safe
  4. Bitcoin is a good short term investment while gold is a good long term investment
  5. Both are mined
  6. Both are equally accepted in their sectors (i.e both are considered safe-havens by investors)
  7. Both are decentralized 
  8. Both depend on the supply and demand rule
  9. Both have popularity
  10. Both of them can not be corrupted or no fake copies can be produced

What do you guys think? Do you agree with me or not? Let me know.

I don't agree with your talk because gold is an physical asset and the value of gold is too much less than bitcoin. But BTC has its own importance because it is a digital asset and we can use it for any transaction. Gold cannot use for any transaction.

This will not replace anything in the market as gold also has a high value and uniqueness and this also has platform where it is been traded and this is a good thing but btc won't replace gold.

There is nothing in the world whose value is equal to gold, gold is a precious metal and its value is very high around the world, Bitcoin currently has a great value and is worth thousands of dollars, but at any moment its price may collapse and become worthless like any

Dear Friend! Bitcoin is a digital currency and in the field of dealing with it remains within the websites on the internet and you need wallet. 

With my opinion both are valuable at their places but they are not equal because bitcoin is a digital currency and gold is not a digital currency these are two different things therefore bitcoin not replace gold 

• +1 1

I am a begginer. So I think that Bitcoin still has a long way to go to replace gold.Bitcoin is a digital currency and gold is metal things.

We can do an endless discussion about this but result will be the same that bitcoins can never replace gold. Both are used as currency and both have their own advantages and disadvantages. All the members see both of these assets according to their own prespective. Some members prefer gold and some prefer bitcoin.