Bitcoin will not replace gold - Page 15 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Dark Shadow

Bitcoin will not replace gold

I would say that this is what we need to do to make sure that we are really able to work in this world of cryptocurrencies because we are trying to find freedom in what you see and Bitcoin represents that, representing the value of gold, what you  You know the value of Bitcoin and what happened.  The two have similarities but cannot be compared.

• +2 1

My personal opinion is that gold and Bitcoins are both of high value, but their value is different from the other.
So that the cryptocurrencies enjoy flexibility, ease and speed of use!
And gold has its place in the world of trade as precious metal.

They have the same thing that are in high demand but when everyone uses cryptocurrencies bitcoin will quickly surpass gold since bitcoin right now is like gold and still not all people know about the existence of cryptocurrencies and when everyone uses cryptocurrencies they will exploit bitcoin  and no asset will ever overcome it again that's what I think.

• +1 1

You are right, I agree with your observations, especially with point number six because while they are considered shelters of value they will always have investors, gold is a mineral that has been used as an exchange throughout history and I highly doubt that BTC make it disappear, plus gold is tangible while Bitcoin is not.
Gold can be an option for investors who do not want great volatility while Bitcoin is for investors who trust what that technology represents and assume the risk of that volatility.

• +4 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

Gold has been in existence for many decades ,but Bitcoin only came to existence in last decade, gold is a natural resources while Bitcoin isn't , I don't believe with the fact that Bitcoin will replace gold, each with it role they play

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and gold is a raw material, with its different variants that can become an intermediate product or a final good, which is not the case with bitcoin, which is money. Gold and bitcoin are very different goods, gold is a tangible item and bitcoin intangible, gold is a consumer good and bitcoin is a means of payment. In other words, they are totally different concept and with markets and consumers with different characteristics and that respond to different elements. There are also common elements such as those pointed out by the original author of the publication.

I think gold can never happen at all Bitcoin is a different thing and gold is a different Bitcoin has a different value in my head and gold has a different value Maybe once these things come in the future. Let's see what happens. 

Bitcoin will not replace the gold yes you are right. Because bit pin is the more fluctuations in the currency but I think gold had fixed price and there is a fixed capital. I think it is yes.

• +1 1

On 10/30/2020 at 9:33 PM, Dark Shadow said:

There are many discussions in this forum about whether Bitcoin will replace gold or not. I personally think that they will both run side by side and neither of them will replace each other because:

1. Both are equally rare
  2. Both have liquidity
  3. Both are safe
  4. Bitcoin is a good short term investment while gold is a good long term investment
  5. Both are mined
  6. Both are equally accepted in their sectors (i.e both are considered safe-havens by investors)
  7. Both are decentralized 
  8. Both depend on the supply and demand rule
  9. Both have popularity
  10. Both of them can not be corrupted or no fake copies can be produced

What do you guys think? Do you agree with me or not? Let me know.

Exactly, they both will run side by side and no one is going to replace the other. And the new year is coming and will surely bring fluctuation in the price of both bitcoin and gold. After those fluctuations, the reaction of people will decide the future of both bitcoin and gold.

• +2 1

Bitcoin cannot replace gold - each has its own domain
It is true that there are many similar things between them, but each has its own characteristics and uses

• +2 1

There is a big difference in their quality because in some country bitcoin is not available so in these countries we can use gold . But for gold we will need its protection and other case bitcoin is safe platform .The bitcoin protection is not a problem .So bitcoin is best than gold.

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes, basically.  Of course I think and believe that Bitcoin will replace gold in the future but not sure.  Because we cannot accurately predict the future.  In fact, both Bitcoin and gold have their own position and market value.  Both rare and valuable.

• +2 1

In my opinion, both gold and bitcoin have their own position and price in the market.  Since Bitcoin is not accepted in some places, it cannot be used in place of gold because gold was much more exposed before Bitcoin and it cannot be replaced by Bitcoin.

First of all, I can only say that you have provided a valuable and helpful explanation of the common points between Gold and Bitcoin. As for exchanging one for the other, I do not think this will happen soon, for example I cannot go to someone and convince them to exchange their gold jewelry for cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, but no one knows what the coming days hide.

Both bitcoin and gold both are similar, both are profitable. But i don't think so bitcoin ever replace gold, Gold is a real money and asset for centuries. If we talk about consumers, then consumers of gold are more then bitcoin, Where bitcoin is the modern currency and have no physical value, But both are very profitable. Bitcoin is short term investment.

15 hours ago, Jovic said:

Yes mate, I also don't think Bitcoin will ever replace gold because gold has been in existence since all centuries now and it still maintain it value till now not compared to Bitcoin that do depreciate sometimes.

As we all know that gold is a natural resources and it a blessing to humans directly from God, but Bitcoin is created by humans to promote exchange, to make exchange easy , they are even two different things entirly, and I believe they operate in different dimensions

• +1 1

Well post, personally my point of view I am not totally agree with you because gold is very huge site ,so gold is very safe and useful,there are a use every country, mostly many people like gold then Bitcoin, good luck.

• +1 1

Bitcoin can't replace only gold assets but to dominate the whole of currencies been it dollar, euro and so many others. This is bitcoin turn as you can clearly see the appreciation it's gaining world wide from masses and several countries

Yes i agree without in all your point , but im not agree when you say that gold is better than bitcoin in long term investment , i think bitcoin is better in 2020 bitcoin rise from 4800 $ to 30000$. But i think gold is safe in investment more than bitcoin.

Bitcoin can never replace gold mainly because gold is hardware while bitcoin is software while gold has been in existence for many decades  and it value is still strong and as you said  we can invest with gold and also with bitcoin to earn more .I wish blessing you guys ❤️💞

I prefer to invest money in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies instead of gold because Bitcoin is a modern currency and it will have a better future than gold, especially if dealing in Bitcoin becomes permissible in all countries. The cryptocurrency is very important for success. 

Bitcoin and gold are not equal..there are two kind of things.Although both them are very precious.. Bitcoin is a digital currency and gold is metal things..so i think bitcoin will not replace in gold..thank you..

First let me give you my sincere thanks for sharing your believable thoughts with us. I think we shouldn't compare gold and bitcoin together because in the end both of them are very popular. Both of them are safe and easy to invest on. When I talk about them I think that Bitcoin is good for online purposes and gold good for real life purposes. So in my opinion both of them have great values.

• +4 1

There  are two kind of things.. Although both them are very precious.,. Bitcoin is a digital currency and gold is metal things.... So i think bitcoin will not replace in gold.... As bitcoin is not accepted in some places so it can not be used in place of gold as gold has released much before of bitcoin and it cannot be replaced by bitcoin.

Dear close, agreeing.  Of course Bitcoin will not replace the price of gold.  Because both are equal, both make a profit through short-term investments.  Both are considered equally safe havens for investment.  Both are more popular.  Bitcoin gold is both important to everyone.  As a result Bitcoin does not withdraw gold.