Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer? - Page 11 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Joewilbertson

Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer?

we can still mine even from a computer but it must not be our main computer that we use every day but one dedicated exclusively to mining we must take into account the wear and tear, we must leave it on for many hours and obviously overheating as a minimum we need to buy fans additionally, we need to see the power, the productivity compared to the cost of energy

• Useful or interesting 1
  • -3 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 1

Currently there are many free mining websites, you can go to ltc:
Litecoin Mining online. Received: 0.0005 LTC - Transaction Receipt (TXID): 2aef52c8e5f5721b928bc5118297c9e40590b84e018u1f66047c16bd5e110fa Start earning Litecoin now! Visit: https://ltcminer.com/1148370
You can mine coins for free

• -1 1
  • +1 1

Mining in general is not intended for home appliances, but requires huge equipment and might in order to withstand such a difficult process and consume a lot of effort.

• +2 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, amer1997 said:

Of course it is difficult two or three years ago, mining on computers was very easy, but today we need special mining equipment with high specifications.

To make this clearer, minding was good when Satoshi Nakamoto started it, but the more people are mining bitcoin, the mining difficulty is increasing. Also another fact is that bitcoin reward is also reducing. As of today, very expensive miners that consume electricity are used to mine bitcoin. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

On 8/13/2020 at 8:30 PM, Abuyaman said:

The moment it is not profitable and it would only spend the useful life of your computer and on top of that the electricity payment receipt would increase a lot.

About the electricity usage, laptop does not consume electricity the way you depicted it. But very possible truly that the life span of the lap tum will reduce. Mining on computers is not also productive at all. and

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The mining it bad for lower computers but if you have stranger computer can do mining you can 

over all i think the mining is bad.

• -1 1
  • +4 1

Computer only make use of CPU to mine, the computer CPU is not  powerful enough to handle mining, but some coins like monero is still good as they are ASICs resistance. But for most coin, ASICs are the best to mine. 

• +5 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, marwan1 said:

The mining it bad for lower computers but if you have stranger computer can do mining you can 

I do not think so, there is nothing like stronger computer to mine, computers are computers, all computers are not profitable to be used for mining. Especially, when mining bitcoin and strong altcoins like ether. 

• +1 1

It would not be bad if the computer was equipped with a powerful GPU dedicated to mining ... but in both cases the matter is expensive, so I advise you to completely dimensions your computer and buy a mining device in order to see Better efficiency.

Edited by Buy me coffee

On 9/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, marwan1 said:

No. On any computer, bitcoin miming is not good, not profitable, hit up the computer and damage it if care is not taken, if not damaged, it will still always reduce it lifespan. 

2 hours ago, Buy me coffee said:

It would not be bad if the computer was equipped with a powerful GPU dedicated to mining ... but in both cases the matter is expensive, so I advise you to completely dimensions your computer and buy a mining device in order to see Better efficiency.

In simple sentence, using graphic cards is good. But not for mining bitcoin anymore. 

• +1 1

If you have a powerful computer and a good cooling system, then you are unlikely to feel any degradation in speed or performance.
If you have a weak computer, then you shouldn't farm Bitcoin. You will spend more money fixing your computer than you will earn from farming.
It is worth remembering that your computer will consume a lot of power. 

Edited by NORBEAR
  • Useful or interesting 2

If mining takes place on separate hardware, then no, it is not harmful. If mining takes place directly on a laptop or not on a powerful computer, then this will greatly slow down the system.

если это действительно плохо, я сжег за это жесткий диск 3 раза

Hello i think ETH 😉

Tell me, is it worth buying the Asic A10PRO 6G or is it still worth building the farm yourself from the gtx1660 6gb super? As far as I know, this asic is not universal, but only daggerhashimoto. Weigh the pros and cons. I don't know what to choose, on the one hand there is less fuss with Asic, but 12 months warranty, and gtx 36 months warranty...
Or maybe buy VMining?))😄

I have been mining Bitcoin for a while on a few systems, some CPU mining (which has proved to be basically useless) and some GPU mining. The GPU miners are workstations, which have midrange graphics cards built in. I have not done any modifications or built high-end mining/gaming systems. One is an Apple iMac with an AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB built in. I typically mine with the Phoenix miner and AGGRESSION=3 for at least 12 hours a day.

Bitcoin maining on home computer never been good as its can create many problems for you even if you are using some unauthentic software then you can face some trouble which happen just because of heat, but you can mine few cryptocurrencies which allow this if you want to do then start with other cryptos which can you sell for bitcoin after having some god amount

This is for sure that it will overheat your computer and cause great damage to the machine. Large mining equipment must be available. Thank you.

I have been using this mining scheme for some years, of course, with equipment designed for such action.

What I really recommend is to have the correct area to emphasize mining, good cabling, good cooling, high-end equipment .. Since a computer with basic or medium characteristics will not be able to execute what is desired.

Today there are on the market, various not so expensive equipment to apply mining at home.

No, if you have a good case ventilation or watercooled CPU/GPU. Otherwise your PC will overheat and that degrades your electronic components, especially electrolytic capacitors. Use larger case for best results.

On 05.10.2019 at 12:03, Joewilbertson said:
Yes, you will most certainly overheat your computer.

Causing irreversible damage to your hardware. There is no point in mining bitcoin with your home computer. To mine bitcoin you need an ASIC machine.

that brings lot's of problems to every part of your computer, you'll need to change it sometime not to loose productivity

I think in order to get a normal income from mining, you need serious equipment, and it is not cheap, and if you want to mine on your computer, then this is always a risk (because this is a technique) if you do not make favorable conditions for it, it can easily break. Therefore, I believe that on a personal computer you should not engage in mining, it is not intended for this.

Actually, I agree. Mining is not permitted for us to do on computers or phones, because the power of the device is triggered by the mining process, which requires a tremendous force to operate permanently, but with the passage of time we have negative aspects of our devices. Batteries, for example, quickly run out and are no longer usable, and the computer becomes very slow too

Of course, a normal equipment for home use will not leave us only lost profits. We know that a specialized equipment such as those already mentioned above is needed.
For me the best thing is to buy and hold instead of mining.