Malware hacked Thousands of computers to mine bitcoin - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Malware hacked Thousands of computers to mine bitcoin

Oh this is shocking. This is the thing which is ruining crypto world. Negative peoples becoming more active in crypto worls as innocents are being scammed. Needs to be very careful regarding scams and malware. 

Just now, Roomi said:

Oh this is shocking. This is the thing which is ruining crypto world. Negative peoples becoming more active in crypto worls as innocents are being scammed. Needs to be very careful regarding scams and malware. 

Such things have always been happening before, but they have evolved and moved to the crypto world, they are always looking for new ways to raise money, and they have a great opportunity through the world of Crypto. Therefore, care must be taken and updating the protection programs permanently.

Just now, kirito said:

we should always keep our phone and computer safe from malware or eles our valuable info can get stolen by hackers . so we should be careful.

Yes, you should always provide a computer or mobile phone with a protection program, and care must be taken to update it permanently so that it can identify modern and hidden types of viruses.

2 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

It is true that the anti-virus program slows down the device, but it is very necessary, especially if you keep important information on your device such as passwords, wallets, etc. Then they may steal your data as well. So I advise you to install a protection program.

I was using long time ago Firewall from Zone labs and it was great, however during that time it made slower and now on this another system that also going very slow.

I think I have to increase RAM as per the PC Mother board. 

Thanks for your advice and will be looking for a newer system to install Antivirus protection, now there are so many viruses that keeps my PC in busy without responding.

On 12/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, Crypto123 said:

Interestingly, are these devices really able to mine bitcoin? Know that this is very difficult on a regular computer?

Yes even normal computer can mine bitcoin. Lets say this normal computer mine 50-100 satoshis and the computer is running since 2018 and multiply by the total number of infected computers (80,000) see? It is big enough to buy a house lol.

That's things is always hackers did in the internet, because sometimes you can download apps or install extension without you to know that's those are use you computing power to mine cryptocurrencies to those hackers that's why sometimes some of installed apps are make your device starting to lagging

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

On 12/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

This is a quote from the news in the following website:

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7728701/Microsoft-says-80-000-computers-hijacked-malware-turned-Bitcoin-generators.html

Interestingly, are these devices really able to mine bitcoin? Know that this is very difficult on a regular computer?
Secondly, the ability of this malware to hide itself from anti-virus programs, which makes it difficult to detect !! So we always need to download powerful virus programs and update them daily to combat these malicious programs.

Very interesting it is good to know that they detected the malware on time.

Unless it would have infected more computers with this virus and might have taken the name MICROSOFT down.

It is really good to make the news public so that people can know what antivirus they can get to detect the virus and at the same time stop that malicious virus.

Thanks for the news.

I think you can still disable this program if you run malwarebytes antimalware in safe mode. All viruses, all dangerous things have always been removed by such simple and uncomplicated methods

I have already heard this kind of malware that you force to mine bitcoin.. Some software games that injected malware on it and their RAM eats so much when they playing the game, they don't know they already mining bitcoin. We should careful what we download and make sure if it is in official site.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

Malware always thread to bitcoin.

Last 4 years we saw many hacking news about crypto and others currency.

I think almost 20%  amount of bitcoin held on hackers.

Many people lost his fund for security reason and hacking. 

That's why many people don’t love to any digital currency.         

Mining with CPU from computer is still possible but not profitable. That is maybe some hacker get the smart idea about mining with computer. Because they think if many computer used to mining without cost why not. Not all computer only use CPU, many of them already using Graphic Card. That is enough for them making passive income. I'm really sad for that people who never know their computer already installed malware to mining Bitcoin.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 12/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, Crypto123 said:

This is a quote from the news in the following website:

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7728701/Microsoft-says-80-000-computers-hijacked-malware-turned-Bitcoin-generators.html

Secondly, the ability of this malware to hide itself from anti-virus programs, which makes it difficult to detect !! So we always need to download powerful virus programs and update them daily to combat these malicious programs.

Indeed yes,

this is a good topic to read with, an information that will help and enlighten us about and how malware infected our system unit to mine bitcoin,

6 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, these programs disguise themselves well and are difficult to detect, but there may be indication to it such as slow device and overheating of the processor, this means that there are programs running in the successor. Therefore, the device must be checked.

the first indication is, the folder cannot be opened or locked. so, the malware I've seen on a customer's computer is a folder that suddenly can't be opened after it's been reinstalled. The customer blamed the store for the error, and after being scrutinized by the mechanic, it turned out to be a malware virus and worse, the hacker wanted some money so that the important folder could be accessed again.

52 minutes ago, Shuaib said:

Hackers are steadily creating new types of threats, most of which are Python-based malware bundled up in a single malicious executable file. These new threats, some that go by the name of WannMine, PyRoMine, or Monero Miner, are designed to take over specific functions of an attacked computer and use the system's resources to mine cryptocurrency

It's indeed a worrisome development, because if the malware has the capacity to replicate itself and remain unnoticed, we've gotten real issue at hand. Assuming the intention was not to use the host resources and mine Bitcoin, it means it could sit there for ages spying on the host. I hope there would be antivirus that could stop this type of malware from gaining access in the first place.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:32 PM, Crypto123 said:

With enough devices, sure, you can get some hefty profits considering you are not even paying their electricity.

It is just difficult for us to detect malware. If this attack our device we will lose our all data. It may be steal our bitcoin.we have to be very careful of it.

17 hours ago, Ahmed112 said:

Yes difficult to detect malware because it attacks randomly and stole your all data

even to date, what preventive measures are most effective have not yet been discovered. I hope the prevention and security of this dangerous malware is created from the crypto project so that the value of crypto can be more valuable in the eyes of the public.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, rekter said:

With enough devices, sure, you can get some hefty profits considering you are not even paying their electricity.

Certainly not only saving the electricity bill, but also all these machines mining for one person will get very big mining power and huge profits. This mining may cause great damage to the devices without the owners' knowledge.

3 hours ago, Ahmed112 said:

Yes prevention and security of this dangerous malware created from the crypto project.

wow, this will be amazing. besides it will generate profits for the project itself, surely the public will also be happy with it and will always support this project.

In order to keep safe from malwares you should keep you antivirus updated all the time. One caution also is not to visit websites and click links for a certain prize which is unbelievable. 

6 hours ago, Peter Urban said:

I dont think that hackers mined BTC, cause it is very hard. I think that they mined XMR, cause they are doing hard forks to stop ASIC miners on their networks. So its very profitable for PCs.

Yes, yes, and I think that too. Bitcoin mining on  PC is almost impossible, but Monero mining is easy on these devices and with such a large number of devices it is very profitable.

Computer viruses are needed by anti-virus makers to sell their products to the public. We must be extra careful in the internet world if we do not want to be victims, the miners who become victims may be involved in mining when there are careless steps that are accidentally carried out.

On 12/19/2019 at 10:13 PM, wrayaner said:

You should beware of the sites you log in to so we always need to download antivirus software and update it daily to combat this malware.

Yes, you should always beware of sites that are not reliable and do not download any application from the Internet unless it is from a trusted site or is being scanned by anti-virus programs. These things are very dangerous.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:32 PM, Crypto123 said:

So you have to think carefully before clicking on links or downloading anything. Downloading is one of the main ways malware reaches people, so it is helpful to think carefully about what you will download and where it will be downloaded from.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, SuperCrypto said:

So you have to think carefully before clicking on links or downloading anything. Downloading is one of the main ways malware reaches people, so it is helpful to think carefully about what you will download and where it will be downloaded from.

Yes, most of the viruses that infect devices are the result of downloading programs from untrusted sites, these programs need to be installed on the device and without it they are not able to access your data. Although there are some mines or worms to be planted as soon as you enter a suspicious site.