Have you ever seen people selling their cryptocurrencies to get fiat outside internet? - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Have you ever seen people selling their cryptocurrencies to get fiat outside internet?

Greetings, in a certain part of my region I know people who have exchanged crypto for fiat money, this has already become more common, there are establishments where you can only buy with cryptocurrencies, but there are also individuals who exchange person to person.

• +3 1

That can never happen even if you are using a mediator for this thing you have to send the crypto tokens using the internet to the buyer or receiving it from the seller , inshort this is a digital token can never be sent or received without internet.

Yes, there is buying and selling of cryptocurrencies outside the Internet, as I saw some shops selling Bitcoin cards at specific prices.

• +2 1

On 8/11/2020 at 12:34 PM, ndadukun12 said:

This is a waste of time. There are regulated exchangers out there that buy coins from anytime. You don't have to look for buyer. But if you prefer peer to peer you can still make use of paxful and other simiisites which are regulated.

This is unattainable in attendance are quiet no technologies that permitted you to get into cryptocurrency transfers without right to use to the Internet.

Yes it's true, your idea is a very good method, I believe that the key you are telling you already exists in the blockchain wallet, with this key you have nothing to worry about your security.

• +1 1

Yes sure , the number of people who believe in this cryptocurrencies world is increasing day by day so it's normal to see people buy and sell their cryptocurrencies with fiat money! and there are specific people in each region do that for a percentage of profits.. but that's only in countries with no officially crypto banks as many members said..

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes, this is common in countries that suffer from the lack of or activation of digital banks such as Paypal, Payer or Perfect Money, and therefore there are people who are interested in collecting them and thus buying them from others and giving them fiat money in exchange for it.

• +2 1

On 12/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I start this topic with a question:

Is internet the only place to sell or convert cryptocurrency to fiat? I know internet is the simplest way for selling crypto but it is not safe. How can you trust the unknown person behind another computer in an unknown area that you want to send crypto to him/her?

I think we can sometimes buy our cryptocurrencies by visiting the buyer in person especially when the amount of coins we want to sell is high and we don't want to risk sending the money to a scammer.

You can buy a cold wallet like Ledger and store your cryptocurrency in it. Then you can make an appointment with the buyer and visit him/her in person. You give him/her your Ledger along with other necessary information about your wallet such as private key and recovery phrase. The buyer will pay you in cash for your cryptocurrency + Ledger.

When you sold your Ledger and your coins, you will buy a new Ledger and create a new wallet for yourself.

I think this method is not only good to avoid scammers but also useful when we have no access to any internet or electricity.

In my country, there are people who are dedicated to buying and selling cryptocurrencies, over the phone. They are called 'managers' or 'mediators'. Most of these people are from the same geographic area as the seller and buyer, to build trust. But this means generates an extra commission payment, but avoids the possible scams that can occur, if this operation is carried out online.

1 hour ago, Jesus Belizario said:

In my country, there are people who are dedicated to buying and selling cryptocurrencies, over the phone. They are called 'managers' or 'mediators'. Most of these people are from the same geographic area as the seller and buyer, to build trust. But this means generates an extra commission payment, but avoids the possible scams that can occur, if this operation is carried out online.

On the phone? How is this possible? Trading crypto is impossible without internet unless you give someone a paper wallet in which you have written all the keys and necessary information. It was interesting to me how people trust each other on the phone. Scammers can scam people by telephone too. Have you ever tried buying bitcoin through this method? The problem is that mediators are annoying. They just charge extra fees for doing nothing! A direct person to person trade is much better.

• +3 1

I haven't seen anything like this on the Internet,and people don't even really know about the crypt 😄

no, I have not yet seen people selling their cryptocurrencies for fiat money off the internet, I have only seen them on the internet, but it is only a matter of time before those people start showing up as cryptocurrencies are replacing fiat money.

I know such a service... You make an order what cryptocurrency are you willing to sale and how much. Seller told you the price and if you agreed - courier will come to the place you ask... Then you make a transaction to couriers wallet and he will give you money exept commisions of that servise

I have not really seen that people are selling crypto outside of this environment, at least where I live it is difficult to find people who are related to cryptocurrencies.

• +1 1

Why are you making this so difficult? Personally, I do not conduct transactions for the sale of cryptocurrencies with no one directly. Looking for an exchange on Bestchange, choose the one that suits me and in a short time the money is on my card.  Only so and not otherwise I do.

• +2 1

Всем добра

Yes, sure

In Ukraine it's a normal practice to buy and sell crypto for fiat

That's not quite legal (I mean it's not prohibited, but you won't get a cheque for that))

That's a peer to peer deal with fiat 

• +5 1

You have to understand that this cryptocurrency is a totally decentralized economy so we cannot pretend that it is 100% secure. It will always be better to do business face to face so the risk of being scammed is reduced, however this is seldom possible so we have to investigate well before doing a business or exchange with cryptocurrencies and secure it as much as possible but being realistic it cannot be expect it to be totally safe because in this life there is nothing 100% safe and even less in the world of cryptocurrencies, he who does not risk does not win.

On 12/5/2019 at 2:21 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I start this topic with a question:

Is internet the only place to sell or convert cryptocurrency to fiat? I know internet is the simplest way for selling crypto but it is not safe. How can you trust the unknown person behind another computer in an unknown area that you want to send crypto to him/her?

I think we can sometimes buy our cryptocurrencies by visiting the buyer in person especially when the amount of coins we want to sell is high and we don't want to risk sending the money to a scammer.

You can buy a cold wallet like Ledger and store your cryptocurrency in it. Then you can make an appointment with the buyer and visit him/her in person. You give him/her your Ledger along with other necessary information about your wallet such as private key and recovery phrase. The buyer will pay you in cash for your cryptocurrency + Ledger.

When you sold your Ledger and your coins, you will buy a new Ledger and create a new wallet for yourself.

I think this method is not only good to avoid scammers but also useful when we have no access to any internet or electricity.

In Argentina, which is where I live, you have the option of selling or buying bitcoin or any other currency in person. There are also offices where you can go to trade your coins, but they are clandestinely since trading digital currencies is not legal. I think that in the near future we will live where the use of these is contemplated in the law and we will not only have places where we can buy and sell cryptocurrencies with fiat money, but we will be able to buy milk in the supermarket and pay with digital currencies. The next few years are going to be very good

Yes, in fact, I have seen it many times of people doing that but the truth is I only observe and then everyone manages their money since they are their owner and we can not do anything else but if we start to see it with a general view if we see how It has changed a lot because we can change it and get the money much more easily than before a few years ago

• +2 1

The final suggestions you make seem very correct to me. And yes, indeed, in the world of online cryptocurrency exchange, we can meet scammers, so those guidelines that you indicate must be followed to avoid a scam.

No, I never saw and I don't think I see anyone selling their bitcoin, it's more for me than if I do a survey on the street in the central city where I live and many would not even know what it is.

• +5 1

13 hours ago, Enrique77 said:

In Argentina, which is where I live, you have the option of selling or buying bitcoin or any other currency in person. There are also offices where you can go to trade your coins, but they are clandestinely since trading digital currencies is not legal.

Which kind of office you are talking about? Are they physical offices you can visit and sell your coins in person or are they online offices with websites? If you have ever traded your coins in person, you can describe your experience here so that other members can be more familiar with this method. Are the people you trade with trustable? When trading is illegal in a country, it is easier for scammers to increase their activities because if someone is gotten scammed, there is nowhere he can refer to retrieve his funds.

• +4 1

No, I never saw it and the truth is that it is very unsafe to do some kind of transaction with people who operate that way. I do not recommend from any point of view to negotiate with these people

But when you pay can't the other person just empty the bitcoin wallet in a second, having someone else and giving a signal to spend the cryptocurrencies in the wallet? This sounds dangerous to buy this way. There were sellers in ebay though in the past sending through email wallet.dat files and txt files with instructions and keys.

Yes you are right this is the simplest way also. And many buyers try to buy with this method. I also recently buy crypto with this method...

Of course if I know a direct case of a whole family they know them as the "bitcoin"family. The father of the family took his possessions and savings money and invested them in crypto. And now with the proceeds they are engaged in traveling the world. You can find their story on google.  They even have a youtube channel.