How did you first encounter or hear about bitcoin? - Page 14 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Pa2dara4

How did you first encounter or hear about bitcoin?

I was a little late, it was like in 2017 that I made the first investments in bitcoin, of course I had already heard about bitcoin before but it seemed to me that that was very complicated

• +1 1
  • +4 1

I first found Bitcoin online, I was looking for how to make money online, without making much effort and I found an article where they talked about a new type of currency, the cryptographic currency.

It was in the year 2014 when I saw a video on the internet where you could win bits of Bitcoin (satoshis) using an application. Since that day I researched about bitcoin and why it was so highly rated.

• +4 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:54 PM, Pa2dara4 said:

First, of all, I want to use this opportunity to welcome everyone to the forum and to my thread. The bitcoin community is a host to different individuals from different part of the worlds meaning we all have our story of how we got to hear about bitcoin. This thread would be a nice places to share that experience, how did you hear or encounter bitcoin.

Mine was due to my search to look for lucrative online investment to profit from and stubbled upon some recommendation on bitcoin and ever since my life haven't been the same. Lets hear yours.

For the first time I heard in 2015 and 2016 I bought my first bitcoin at a value of 550 USD at that time it was worth it and then invested in other platforms that continue to generate more bitcoin but in some I lost and in 2017 its value rose tremendously. Today I understand more what bitcoin is and its purpose

• +1 1

I can't remember when i heard about Bitcoin itself but I remember when I heard about cryptocurrencies. It was on reddit, I was reading jobs subreddit and some guy mentioned that he mined Quark on his old PC and bought whole new PC from money he gets from Quark.

Just remembering it makes me want to cry!
When I heard about bitcoin for the first time it cost only pennies but I never dared to buy it because I was very young and had no experience in the world of investments, plus I did not have the means to acquire them.
Since you needed a credit card and know how to access the deep web safely xd
and so double basses knew how to use the pc at that time.
today if I could tell my past self to invest and find a way by any means to buy thousands of BTC when they cost pennies I would do it without thinking twice!
Even though I guess it wouldn't be the only one haha, everyone would like to do the same after seeing how far bitcoin got.

I remember that the first time I heard or knew about bitcoin it was a publication, I did not know anything about it, and I read that "a child becomes a millionaire investing in bitcoin" and this aroused my curiosity and I began to inquire on my part, it was better the truth, if it were not for that news I would not be here. Greetings.

• +2 1

I discovered cryptocurrencies around 2015 with pages like minergate mining on the pc then I started researching exchanges and trading, I started trading on bittrex and made some money then I discovered faucets and hyips and little by little I got into this world and it is already part of me I think I will never leave it.
  • Useful or interesting 1

When i know first about btc... I don’t know anything about btc and i don’t believe on cryptocurrency.. But when i understand all about btc its too late... I can't invest on that time because i don’t have money on this time... But if i invest on that time at any cost right now i will be earn million usd.. Bad luck 

The first time I heard about bitcoin was around 2009/2010. At that time I did not pay much attention to BTC, a shame not to have invested a few hundred dollars, now I would be rich 🥺

21 hours ago, smeb97 said:

It was in the year 2014 when I saw a video on the internet where you could win bits of Bitcoin (satoshis) using an application. Since that day I researched about bitcoin and why it was so highly rated.

That is a long time ago and most people who started out that long ago, are only telling the story of success, is it the same for you?

I first learned about Bitcoin from my friend.  Because I had never been aware of bitcoin before.  My friend is aware of Bitcoin and other online platforms again so he told me about it

I have heard years ago but this is not mean anything. It was many years ago and all about prices but when you are not have a lot of time and it is given to you that bitcoin is a scam then you don't follow a lot. But when you look better you find that it is not a scam and some people are just stupid to say that.

• +2 1

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency created in the world, launched in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto with the aim of making purchases online, as it is a currency created by people and not by governments, it was relevant news and came out on the international news, I heard about the currency on CNN news on television, it was presented as an extraordinary initiative for digital purchases, it was at the time a novelty.

I read the word bitcoin somewhere and I can't remember. I don't remember when either it could have been 2013 or later. It doesn't matter as when I invested it was too late in 2017 late when prices were already very high.

I heard first time in 2017 and I was watching all this price rise from January to the summer of that year and I thought I was missing a lot, I read some good news about Bitcoin and that it was accepted in Japan as investment and as payment method and I bought in october that year. I made profits got out in december doubling and had more profits coming from altcoins. Then altcoins went down and I sold everything to bitcoin again but I had lost the most and only have a good bitcoin position now that I'm holding as long term. If this is repeated I'm going again earlier though.

I met Bitcoin through pages that said I won satoshi by watching ads, at first I didn't pay attention to it, then I went on and on watching the same topic in different social networks that said I won satoshi, well I decided to investigate about that topic and what a surprise, it was something that many knew and I was missing it, so I met Bitcoin in 2019 in the month of April.

On 14/11/2019 at 11:14, Tine0313 said:

Bueno, conocí Bitcoin por mi amigo. Me presentó a bitcoin y cómo funciona, su uso y todo eso sobre bitcoin. Entonces, al siguiente, me presentó a Cryptotalk y me dijo que puedo obtener ganancias publicando aquí.

The first time I heard and met bitcoin was in a review written through an electronic newscast, which awakened my interest since it was a new world to explore and there was no greater knowledge of it because there was very little information, but still so I bet a lot on bitcoin thanks to that you can say bitcoin is my refuge against the lack of income

Whenever I tell how I started in the world of cryptocurrencies, it is very normal. I think that this year many people joined on the issue of the pandemic, because all of us who were left without work were looking for a way out because we didn't have money, and many of us, including myself, found a way out of cryptocurrencies never seen before. And as dice, I think my life changed from that moment. I also believe that everyone should try to seek the financial independence in which we are working every day in order to be free, and cryptocurrencies is a solution. and I also believe that we are facing a digital revolution never before seen in history.

When I read about Bitcoin, back in 2011, it looked amazing. I wanted to try it, to see how it works. It was very difficult to find exchanges, so faucets and advertisement clicking, was the only way to get Bitcoins. It took me a lot of time, to get some milliBTC, and I just played once on Satoshi dice, to see how the transaction works. I sent 0.1 milliBtc from my wallet to satoshi dice for a play. When the transaction was confirmed, “HELLO, WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD!”

I honestly don't remember why I was buying bitcoins several year ago. Maybe it was because there was news about people getting high profits because the price has risen so much. But now I am more interested in the technology behind the crypto currencies. How does the blockchain work, how to make applications on the blockchain and things like that.

• +1 1

Bitcoin was in the news in 2018, I don't remember exactly when I heard this word first time, it could have been that I read about it somewhere. With all the information we read about every day most things we keep what is important and don't collect dates when we read them.

• +3 1

I listen about bitcoin when i join this forum and i search about bitcoin and check its value according to my country which was good and i get more information of bitcoin from my senior friends