Stop-loss or no stop-loss - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kobi

Stop-loss or no stop-loss

Setting stop lose most times in a position could be very annoying and frustrating when you come to discover that the price only went down enough to trigger your stop loss before mooning lol...

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

i agree with you , the stop lose is most of  time is annyoying , but i prefer i get anoyed every time then crying on my money when i losse them cause i didnt put the stop lose 

• +1 1

I do not use the stop loss completely
When I lose a deal or come down
Let go and open a new deal until the previous deal goes up

• +1 1

THINK POSITIVE

2 hours ago, kobi said:

Setting stop lose most times in a position could be very annoying and frustrating when you come to discover that the price only went down enough to trigger your stop loss before mooning lol...

Yes, I can understand that this would be very annoying. That's also why I prefer to manually control my trades and not rely on a computer to do it for me. This is also why I think longer term trading is better than day trading.

• +1 1

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

2 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

Yes, I can understand that this would be very annoying. That's also why I prefer to manually control my trades and not rely on a computer to do it for me. This is also why I think longer term trading is better than day trading.

Indeed longer term trading may be better than day trading but you need a lot of patience to do that and for traders like me who don't have patience as a trading virtue, what do we do?

• +1 1

stop loss is better than loss all,but if you know how to make hedging position it will better but if not,yess i would said put on stop loss on your position

• +1 1

The stops must be automatic, at least the first years of trading! Traders avoid stop loss due to fear that a short-term movement in the opposite direction will close their position at a loss, and then the market will turn in the predicted direction.

• Useful or interesting 1

pxf.jpg

22 hours ago, kobi said:

Indeed longer term trading may be better than day trading but you need a lot of patience to do that and for traders like me who don't have patience as a trading virtue, what do we do?

Lol... You either need to learn patience, or you need to get better at day trading. I think the crypto world is a world in which you never stop learning. It's always changing and there is always something new to learn.

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

15 minutes ago, williamz902 said:

Lol... You either need to learn patience, or you need to get better at day trading. I think the crypto world is a world in which you never stop learning. It's always changing and there is always something new to learn.

Earnestly, I have been trying to grow my patience so I can be a better trader and in my line of research I discovered that to build patience you need to take out desires, and what is trading without the desire to profit?

What if u didnt use stop loss on the pump from 7400 - 10k ? all ur account is gone, u never know wtf are these whales upto , they might dump 1000$ in 1 hour or pump 2000 , its a liquidation game, set stop loss at max 5% of ur account and ur safe.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:20 PM, kobi said:

thats situation was true and its quitly happen on market, i think we've got manipulation by some whales before it mooning, but stop loss can be usefull on bear market to save our money

It's annoying but it's essential to set up a stop loss point. Because if you're not online and you're not checking your position, it can be done automatically. But in other hand, you can lose money also if the price skyrockets and you're not aware of that.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:18 PM, aika said:

It's annoying but it's essential to set up a stop loss point. Because if you're not online and you're not checking your position, it can be done automatically. But in other hand, you can lose money also if the price skyrockets and you're not aware of that.

From your view I think you mean stop loss is only necessary in trades when you are not online,so will you still implore the use of stop loss when you're live on trade?

57 minutes ago, kobi said:

From your view I think you mean stop loss is only necessary in trades when you are not online,so will you still implore the use of stop loss when you're live on trade?

Kinda. It's a valuable tool for risk management while being online and offline, you can avoid significant losses with that.  They are useful when a buy order is placed, guaranteeing profits when your market goals are reached. You can also set a limit purchase order to buy an asset after a certain level of resistance has been breached during the onset of an uptrend. Just my thoughts.

The stop loss is completely necessary when trading if you would not be throwing away all your money and risking a lot to win a few times, without a stop loss it is like going to war without an armor that avoids big losses.

stop loss is a safety, like we ride a car, you should use a seat belt, we do not need to be annoyed with that, when prices touch the point of our stop loss and then turn around is normal, imagine we are driving cars, and accidents, though not so bad, but everything is safe thanks to the seat belt. maybe bad things will happen without a seat belt

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

even if you do not want to use stop loss, I think it is important to have a mental stop loss.

For good portfolio management stop loss is crucial

3 hours ago, Bitxalt said:

stop loss is a safety, like we ride a car, you should use a seat belt, we do not need to be annoyed with that, when prices touch the point of our stop loss and then turn around is normal, imagine we are driving cars, and accidents, though not so bad, but everything is safe thanks to the seat belt. maybe bad things will happen without a seat belt

I like your illustration,likened stop loss to a car seatbelt simplifies everything even so a newbie can understand, you know sometimes seatbelts can be very inconveniencing but yet we use it for safety reasons

9 hours ago, kobi said:

Saya suka ilustrasi Anda, mengibaratkan stop loss ke sabuk pengaman mobil menyederhanakan segalanya meskipun begitu seorang pemula dapat mengerti, Anda tahu kadang-kadang sabuk pengaman bisa sangat merepotkan, namun kami menggunakannya untuk alasan keamanan

that is reasonable thing, we are sometimes very disturbed because after the price touches the stop loss, then turns around as we predicted, indeed if it did not touch the stop loss we would profit, but the road on the highway we will never know even though we already very careful, as well as trading.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

If you're trading without stop loss then you're not a trader sir youre just another gamblers. Risking all his funds without putting secure line.

8 hours ago, Mrpassion said:

Setting stop loss has a strategy which you have to abide with just likee the forex market, you have to set it lower in which if the market hit it there is no chance it gonna go back up again.

Sometimes obeying this rule becomes very difficult especially when you already have a predetermined percentage of loss you're willing to take, making you set your stop loss based on that .

Yeah i have a bad experience with stop lose.

My stop lose price was triger after that the price back up again, the hard/shit things using stop loss its kinda dificult to set up the price.

53 minutes ago, RyujinONE said:

Yeah i have a bad experience with stop lose.

My stop lose price was triger after that the price back up again, the hard/shit things using stop loss its kinda dificult to set up the price.

Thats the downside of stop loss and even those hig whales sometimes get liquidated by those long wicks if they had stop loss but if you look at the bright side you'll see stop llss will always protect your portfolio.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:39 AM, Kim K said:

I don't use stop loss. Crypto trading is not for the weak but more for the strong. If you have a weak hands, do loss will perpetually put you at a loss. If its not pump coin, don't do stop loss. I don't advise it

I have come to a conclusion that stop loss is best applied when you are trading a highly volatile market, but if the market volatility is low, I see no need applying this because it will likely cost you loses.

I strongly recommend that you use stop loss because this can prevent greater losses, and you can buy back at a cheaper price. I myself rarely use it because I know the market movements and do not buy with all funds