They need KYC to verify us, how can we verify them too? - Page 6 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Calvinpriva

They need KYC to verify us, how can we verify them too?

Every possible way we could think of in trying to manage any online site, scammers always find a way to fit in as well also.

The only way out in my suggestion is to always remain real in your own so that you will not be suspected.

I don't like the sites that ask for KYC as it could be risky for us to share our documents with any sites as you mentioned that there are many scam sites also so its hard to trust any site if it is a legit site or not.That's why I prefer those sites which doesn't ask for KYC such as Yobit exchange which has very good level of security and doesn't ask for KYC while registration.

• +2 1

This forum and other exchanges use this term to know their customers and when their customers are identified by the exchange then they can easily deposits and withdraw their amounts, otherwise they couldn't do.

I think if you go with KYC then you have to go with centralization and if one is centralized then they are legally attached that means they can be sued.

Most of the funding websites and structures require the KYC feature, the place we do no longer recognize if they are legit web sites or simply fraudulent web sites that choose to advantage from our documents, so I keep away from the usage of such web sites due to the fact I do no longer like sharing my non-public documents. 

My view is that to confirm any site who request check we can see the standing of the site on the grounds that the solitary that who can give us the trust this is the way I see confirmation.

This is a good suggestion. Rather, KYC is frequently being used by many websites and domains. KYC means know your customer. This process need any member's identity to verify their information. This is definitely a good idea for precautionary measures.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, selfmade said:

I think if you go with KYC then you have to go with centralization and if one is centralized then they are legally attached that means they can be sued.

Sure this is the important of using KYC in crypto because we have been hacked so many times but you don't have to sue anyone because you'll never know who hacking you, so KYC might be the savior on this. 

• +2 1

This term is basically linked to our exchanges and some wallets. And yes they verify their customers during making any transaction for the security purpose and if you don't verify your I'd then you will not access to that wallet and exchange.

Edited by zainab.rtx

Kyc is mainly provided for identification and verification.  However, a question remains in our minds, whether the company that is providing KYC is a spammer.  That's why I don't believe in KYC very much.

there is no way we can verify the new projects that is how they scam us and they leave no clue to find and track them, that is why the scamming is too easy.

It is a great kind of suggestions my brother that you have provided it would help to save us from the scammers around us. I think we need to search those site to understand it is legit or not, before doing anything always try to get a proper knowledge about that site.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, Calvinpriva said:

Hi friends,

Have you ever think about this? There are many projects which nowadays they need KYC to verify us if we are legit members or scammers, many people believe in KYC sites they think they are the most trusted sites! But unfortunately, even scam sites are now using KYC verification to assure you that they are safe! 

What can we have to verify that they are safe so that we can upload our documents to them?  My suggestion: It will be good if there will be the main website for all crypto project sites that will review them and assure us of our safety if they are legit. That site can work like Coingecko or CMC but it will list mining sites, trading sites, lending sites, airdrop sites and other related projects. 

Just like gambling sites they have their license numbers from gambling boards, this review site will also give unique license number to those sites which will review so that we can join only projects with those license numbers for our safety. Believe me, this will help very much to reduce scammers, and it will increase profit to many crypto users.

You are welcome to reply.

Well said mate, you have indeed came up with a nice observation. One of the most important aspect we are suppose to be always vigilant of, is the issues of scammers. So I urge the moderators and the expert on the forum to please look into it and do something positive about it.

You just need to do your home work properly، we can still use Google search on all the crypto sites we want to deal with it، i think we should search it first if it is legit 

When we want to join any project we need to do KYC for that project and most of the times the people run away with all the private information and their use it for illegal purposes that is why it is important to verify the team as well but there is no way we can do it at least I don't know if there is one

On 6/4/2020 at 2:33 PM, Calvinpriva said:

Hi friends,

Have you ever think about this? There are many projects which nowadays they need KYC to verify us if we are legit members or scammers, many people believe in KYC sites they think they are the most trusted sites! But unfortunately, even scam sites are now using KYC verification to assure you that they are safe! 

What can we have to verify that they are safe so that we can upload our documents to them?  My suggestion: It will be good if there will be the main website for all crypto project sites that will review them and assure us of our safety if they are legit. That site can work like Coingecko or CMC but it will list mining sites, trading sites, lending sites, airdrop sites and other related projects. 

Just like gambling sites they have their license numbers from gambling boards, this review site will also give unique license number to those sites which will review so that we can join only projects with those license numbers for our safety. Believe me, this will help very much to reduce scammers, and it will increase profit to many crypto users.

You are welcome to reply.

Let me explain you in short, suppose you got someone ID card and register companies and accounts with his names and do high fraud. That person wont know about this. This is true that many organizations doing huge business with our privacies thats why we are here in this crypto farm. Because it is only the way we can trust because its decentralized. Since authorities involve in the concept of centralized exchanges, but we can still trust on big companies but should not provide our identity for few bounty claim. Stay Safe

In cryptography, we all trust

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

Most of these projects inquiring for KYC are being force to achieve this because of the law inside their rules and may not always be scam. They simply need to comply for them not to move against the law and if you aren't comfy, there are many tasks that are not requiring this. You just want to do your own home work nicely, like Koinpro, you don't need KYC to alternate and it's far full of wonderful features.

If we want to use the KYC services Then we will have to verify the KYC services and the it's security than we can use it without any restriction. To verify the KYC it is very easy. We must have the pc or the Mobile to Verify the KYC.

I agree with you, a lot of SCAM projects ask us to document KYC so we do not have to provide our information for any project or platform that we do not trust, as for me I do not like to use kyc because I like to remain anonymous during work

• +1 1

On 1/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, Lewis Gregory said:

I do kyc of PI app I know this is real because they do every step very good before this i not give my verification to site because this is not good they know from me if this is fake I will be effect in damage something this is good to know before kyc do.

Do you  trying to mean Pi??  @Lewis Gregory..   If so then its true that they will ask kyc soon to withdrawal  your earning  from there or new strategy ..  Its look like Pi network  is centralization  network  Which  kyc is must but crypto mean decentralization  so pi look like shit project..  Who knows how long it will run future.. 

6 minutes ago, Lewis Gregory said:

In before some days I see kyc but I not do this I not have passport this is important passport in pi kyc this is need passport in later there is kyc again I know this is real it is look real because alot user use pi and I'm also use pi from long time.

Pi project team Won't force you to provide  kyc now and soon when they update their 3 stage then pi mining opportunity  will be closed as well they will fix a vlaue of pi coin..  After that if you want to withdrawal  your earning  then it Will  be necessary  for you to submit kyc @Lewis Gregory

Member can know if a site is legit or not, we can make research about a project before we participate on them and if the project is legit youeill find some articles or information about it, else the project is fake. 

I disdain all new ventures due to the kyc confirmation framework that you demand. As I stated, these tasks are new, mysterious and inconsistent. It is conceivable that you will take our own records and use them in all non-legitimate issues, so we should be careful with this. Honestly, your thought is exceptionally great and ought to be executed as fast as could reasonably be expected. It assists with knowing the solid locales from deceitful destinations

• +1 1

This is an important news for me. But I am not use kyc before and what is purpose of this kyc. Hopefully this is a feature of this site. Is this platform provide us to use this on other different platform. Help me to understand it.

It is also a big question to me because how can we easily identify if the site we are engaging is legit specially .stay away from new website till they didn't get a good reputation in market .