How to know if my wallet is legit or not? - Page 12 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rchres

How to know if my wallet is legit or not?

On 24.02.2020 at 14:03, rchres said:

I don't know how to know if my wallet is legit because there's a lot of fake wallet in crypto world.

1. Use only trusted wallet on platorm with good reputation

2. Use two-factor authentication for safety your acсount

You can only know that if you do your research about it. The best way to do this would be to check the reviews left by other users, check the rating the wallet has been given and only after you have confirmed that the wallet is legit and safe to use you can deposit the cryptocurrency you want into it.

BitCNY giving away 1500$ worth of tokens

Bot Link: https://t.me/BitCnyBot?start=r03654319640

Ends/Withdrawal: 15 January

My advice is to use a cold wallet if you plan to store cryptocurrencies in the future and there are a lot of popular wallets that you can find online, I think any 12 word wallet is good for storing your coins, and a trust wallet as an example, but offline wallets are better and better so that Your coins are in a safer place

You should always start at the beginning. If you want to enter the world of cryptocurrencies, it is vital to educate yourself first about the wallet where you want to keep your cryptocurrencies Not only exchanges can be false: wallets too. In this case, in addition, it is not enough to stay among the most popular wallets, since the version that we are downloading (especially the mobile versions) may be false. They must always find a reliable wallet with an excellent security level.

to check if the wallet is real or fake l think check if the wallet is a custodian wallet or not if it is not then you should consider that the wallet  should allow you to keep your own recovery phrase and always download wallets on market place not randomly check number of downloads and reviews first if you want to know before you fall for fake wallets on the market

Peoples opinion on any wallet is the best way to know the efficacy of it. I also advice you to go for hardware wallet which is the safest way to store crypto investments. Hardware wallet is also known as  cold storage, which means that it is offline and is more secure that hot storage wallets.

With so many scams that exist today on the internet, I recommend that before selecting a wallet to save your money, it is to investigate all the doubts, read and search for information on all the wallets that exist in the world of cryptocurrencies, once you have the knowledge is that you should choose the one that you find safest.

First you do the internet search to see which one has been in the market for a long time, then visualize the opinions of your customers, how many users it has and the score that the site has, that will help you choose your wallet that is why it is necessary that it do before

• +3 1

You are right, you also have to be sure if a wallet of those that are downloaded in Google play are false or not.
There are many Android apps that are looking to steal login credentials, taking advantage of the great interest in cryptocurrency wallets.
If when you download it from google play, the logo that you see on the page is not the same as that of the application you just downloaded, it is a fake application.
Always download them from the official pages.

• +5 1

First of all, look for the reputation of that wallet, ask in forums or other groups if they recommend it, or simply in google it should give information of being a legitimate wallet

It seems to me that everyone has made very interesting and accurate contributions on this subject, I believe that the essential points to know if your wallet is legitimate are summarized by simple searches for reviews on the internet and YouTube, that is essential, and I will be fully informed in the topic, checking social media and so on is something quite easy to identify

Certainly there are many wallets, but if we are going to make an investment in a currency we must do a detailed investigation, look for recommendations, there is a large platform like yobit that can be invested with peace of mind

You have to investigate the wallets that you like the most, you can seek the opinion of users in any forum. I would recommend that you investigate Blockchain or Coinbase companies, they are the most popular and it works very easy. Greetings.

Hello! I recommend you do your research before choosing a wallet!

It may be due to opinions of trusted people, internet reviews, needs and level of security of the wallet.

I currently use Trust Wallet and I always recommend it, it is very easy to use, 100% secure, and you can have both coins and tokens!

On 24.02.2020 at 15:03, rchres said:

I don't know how to know if my wallet is legit because there's a lot of fake wallet in crypto world.

It is necessary to download wallets from official sites, as well as use information from the site Github.
To check the originality of the wallet, currently only hash SHA256 is widely used.
For example, on the Monero website, you may notice the SHA256 hash values listed along with the software. 

Каждый день бесплатно в 2 клика, без рекламы: ZEC, MATIC, FLR + бонусы + ежедневные AirDrop Flares + вывод FLR

Every day for free in 2 clicks, no ads: ZEC, MATIC, FLR + bonuses + daily AirDrop Flares + FLR withdrawal

You can easily see in the other review what people say about your wallet and also you can ask in that section so that you will easily get it, when you are downloading this there can be many ways of legit or fake because of people reactions..

The best way to verify if the wallet is, let's say it that way, is to look for information regarding who and where the company that provides it is from.

Today we are more than ever one click away from getting information, after filtering it, you can get whatever you want from info as long as you go to the true source.:classic_blink:

Good luck and enjoy with cryptos because until you screw it up several times you don't learn. One tip, send little capital if you are not 99% sure.:classic_ninja:

As always be good and enjoy.:classic_rolleyes:

Before using a wallet you need to know if the wallet is legit or not. if the wallet is not legit you may loss all your asset. i suggest you to use trust wallet.

In this world of cryptocurrencies, there is a wide variety of wallets which each have characteristics or facilities for each client to choose according to their needs, and to know if the wallet is legitimate, you just have to consult Google and you will surely find information about it there. your wallet, in my case I have several wallets but the ones I recommend the most are UPHOLD and COINBASE.

Usually investigating, knowing the opinions of other people who use the wallet, making sure that the wallet you are going to use gives you unique access to your private keys and recovery phrases.
Currently there are many genuine wallets that work well, if you are looking to try a new wallet, compare and evaluate what they offer you, if they offer you the same and you do not see anything that suits you better go for a wallet that has been used for a long time, I hope my answer help you.

For that are the official documentation of the wallet, there is also a large number of Revies today on YouTube you can get almost anything and despite not knowing exactly which wallets you mean, I am sure that on youtue you can find some reviws.

If what worries you is Fishing, you should use Google and be guided by the first result that the search gives you because the first is the real one.

And you should also look for information and user comments in forums to see if it is legitimate or not. Or if you have bad comments.

you can search on the internet to see which wallet is legit. different wallets have different features  that can be learned about them by searching

It all depends on who its owners are when that wallet was opened for the first time and among other methods that tell you if it is legitimate or not...

Hello my friend.
To find out if your wallet is legitimate or not, you should search for a mechanism for making electronic wallets, and is it available for use in your country or not, and if its use is not available in your country, you can resort to using one of the vbn programs