How to know if my wallet is legit or not? - Page 10 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rchres

How to know if my wallet is legit or not?

😎 An easy way to know if your wallet is legitimate is to download it from extensions or official pages. Evaluate the number of downloads you have had. At the same time, the legitimacy of the page can be corroborated through the presence of the lock next to the URL. 
If you download it from a referral link, evaluate who is offering it to you.
The Internet continues to have great difficulties in achieving global security that prevents fraud. Even so, there are many people who are dedicated to deceiving.
Be careful and always research every step you take. 😎 

It is upto yiu no one will approach  to.you first to help you. But somebody will approach to you first  to scam  with you. So you have to be very careful while choosing wallet. And you have to do Researchch by your own about the wallets legitness. After deep check you should start using a wallet. 

That is why we have the internet. İt is filled with so many information you can review the wallet you are about to use before using it. Just go online and key in the name of the wallet and check you will surely get all the answers you seek for.

You are right, there are a lot of scam walelts in cryptoworld, that is why I recommend you to use wallets with highest rates. You can find their list in this forum. 

I recommend you online wallets like Trust wallet, Payeer, Coinbase or Blockchain. If you are newer, use Cryptonator wallet. 

First you have to see if it is verified, investigate, ask, if it is in the play store for example, you have greater reliability, do not download a wallet if it is only in APK format Let's take care of our funds friends.

There are so many popular wallets you can find on the internet. My advice would be to use a cold wallet if you plan to store cryptocurrencies in the future.

You do not have to know if the wallet is legitimate and reliable or not because this will be difficult for you as a beginner, but I advise you to work in reliable and legitimate platforms and wallets such as Blockchain and CoinBase.  You don't have to try a new wallet in order not to be fake and lose your money.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, Yabuko said:

You can search the net and see people and other sites rates but it would be better if you change it and use known and popular wallets like blockchaim 

Nl would know what to answer friend! I'm getting started on the blockchain! And I'm still a newbie but if I can help you with something just say so

You have to do your own research to know if a wallet is safe or not, also you can ask users here which wallet are you going to use and they will guide you in the best way...

I suggest to you to used some wallet that is very popular so you could avoid that fake wallets in crypto. 

On 10/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, jeramirez said:

the legitimacy of a wallet we should not drown in a glass of water we have to play it safe and not venture into using unknown wallets or wallets that do not offer us trust it is up to one to find out about it

I agree with you, wallets are something that we have to observe in detail! Slow down to see each 

To find out if the wallet you use is legitimate or not, simply search for information on the internet, as if it is very reliable, security also depends because not all people are the same, I mean that there are some who like to steal and that's why you need to take action whether or not to deposit in a wallet

First, you need to use only verified wallets. You should not install wallets that have a low rating in your browser or on your phone. Or if these wallets are from unverified exchanges. Do not chase airdrops from dubious companies, which then simply steal all your funds. I've seen this before, and now I'm more careful about it.

From my point of view, to know if it is legitimate, it is necessary to search the internet about the wallet, check the security and comments of other users, I use the meta mask or exodus, which are safe, but exodus, and above all, do not trust new wallets until the check well that's what I recommend

On 9/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, Mike1515 said:

I have not been able to understand this point but there is one thing to imagine , there is a lot of information online there are so many ways to check and true to it try to verify with people you can trust that is the only way I think it can work other ways that is a fallen pro.

Hi! I am interested in the dynamics and the points you mention! And about the fallen pro could you explain me more in depth?

There is no specific process or method to know whether your wallet is legit but if you want to use any wallet then it is better to search for it and see the review then only you can get to the point 

A recommendation if your wallet asks for kyc, if it has good security, such as they give you a seed that you must save or the twelve words that means that it is a legit wallet

In my opinion there is one best way to know if your wallet is legit or not, is to do your own research in internet check number of reviews on it and ratings. If there is one or two reviews on it and it's not popular at all then better to withdraw your crypto to popular and famous crypto wallet.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, jeramirez said:

the legitimacy of a wallet we should not drown in a glass of water we have to play it safe and not venture into using unknown wallets or wallets that do not offer us trust it is up to one to find out about it

Hi! I find your point of view interesting! Make the water lenses! I will be able to put it into practice as soon as possible and I will tell you about my expere

7 hours ago, Fidel211 said:

Hi! Your comment caught my attention! My Wallet! You can sample it in the app store! It's called Wallet! I like this one because it gives me hundreds of options such as purchase and price comparison

There is many kind of Wallet that you can choose between them,specially the software Wallet than you can just install it in your phone and use it's easily, trust Wallet, atomic Wallet, exodus,imtoken and more

Faced with the significant increase in the price of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, cybercriminals took advantage of this growing curiosity and began to increase their efforts to attack cryptocurrency users through scams and malicious applications. Some company that detects technological threats, analyzes the existence of fake cryptocurrency applications on Google Play.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, sandysoo said:

You need to search on Google and YouTube to make sure that the wallet you use is good and safe, and you can see people's reviews about it and their reactions after using this wallet, is it good or b 

Hi! I really can't tell you if it's a good idea! But I recommend using coinbase as a very safe and reliable wallet! Bed

On 13.03.2020 at 03:13, Zaino34 said:

My friend to be able to know that ask other people about your wallet or you can use a famous and safe wallet that other people use it like blockchain wallet this wallet is well known by many people and use it safely

On 14.04.2020 at 22:43, kizz said:

If it is popular and many people are using it, there is also a review about that wallet. Make some research about that specific wallet to know more about it.

Your opinion is very unpopular but I share it! Wallets are something we have to be serious about

On 26/4/2020 at 0:29, Zues said:

Sí, creo que debería poder saber que si su cuenta es legítima o no, porque si gana, su dinero irá a su billetera y debe asegurarse de que su billetera sea legítima porque las ganancias se desperdiciarán si lo es. no. 

I agree with you! It does not hurt to be careful with these issues! I will try to verify in a simple way and I will tell you how it went with the wallet

On 18/5/2020 at 6:24, Moaz said:

Puede verificar la legitimidad de su billetera buscando en Google y tomando información completa sobre esta billetera. Personalmente prefiero una billetera blockchain y Coinomi porque se caracterizan por una alta seguridad.

Thanks for the advice! I will take it into account to protect my funds with a blockchain structure

If you want a wallet you should buy a hardware wallet this is the best for security all the rest are very danger and you can lose crypto easily with some of them if you make mistakes.

On 05.10.2020 at 09:26, Pathakayush said:

The verification type tells you how much secure your account is. If they have send you verification mail in your email then it's a legitimate site but if not I would suggest you to look for another wallet.

Hello! There are some wallets that I like to put to you, and I personally use them, and there are a lot of people as well. Blockchain wallet and coinbase wallet, and if you want a portfolio of different currencies. Start with it!