How banning works - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

How banning works

I would like to know how banning a member in this forum works? I see there are warning points. So does it means that before banning someone will get certain number of warnings?

I am asking because lately I am seeing on the copy pasted post where people have already started conversation and it's going on and on. The topic is completely plagiarized.

Example:  

Copied from: https://www.worldcryptoindex.com/how-whales-affect-cryptocurrency-markets/

Another question,

Let's say anyone did not get ban because the copy paste was unnoticed but in the future say 1 years from now he got caught, what effect we will see on him?

@epidemia @ayatoslaw @Admin

Edited by xBDT Script
  • Useful or interesting 2

Moderators have at their disposal many tools, including for ban accounts. For several days we were busy blocking hundreds of bots, but now we are completely focused on cleaning the content and "killing" copy-pasters. All violators will be punished depending on the degree of crime committed. Why don't people just want to talk? Instead, they start tricking other people. This is terrible🙁

• Useful or interesting 3

Just now, epidemia said:

Moderators have at their disposal many tools, including for ban accounts. For several days we were busy blocking hundreds of bots, but now we are completely focused on cleaning the content and "killing" copy-pasters. All violators will be punished depending on the degree of crime committed. Why don't people just want to talk? Instead, they start tricking other people. This is terrible🙁

I've noted that the spammers are getting under control, don't know how you did it, but congratulations...

People need to be educated and to understand thay can get more from learning and participating than from cheating...

4 minutes ago, epidemia said:

Why don't people just want to talk? Instead, they start tricking other people. This is terrible🙁

Well this is my question too. Very less people are willing to join in a conversation but they are okay to post garbage and copy pasting.

5 minutes ago, epidemia said:

For several days we were busy blocking hundreds of bots,

I have noticed a bot today as well and I think I reported the account already. These bots will try their best to post whatever they want even when there will be no paid to post reward. I know these people. I just do not understand why they do it.

7 minutes ago, epidemia said:

but now we are completely focused on cleaning the content and "killing" copy-pasters. All violators will be punished depending on the degree of crime committed.

Good to know this.

4 minutes ago, dentolas said:

People need to be educated and to understand thay can get more from learning and participating than from cheating...

That is what we are trying but seems like they are okay with copy pasting and spamming LOL

1 hour ago, epidemia said:

How about those users who tried to cheat the promotion here in the forum?

They want to have some money out of cheating! are they subject to be banned (account) or they will just be disqualified on the contest? because they are doing a bad thing and not fair!

14 hours ago, epidemia said:

Why don't people just want to talk? Instead, they start tricking other people. This is terrible🙁

Because talking and writing is 'very hard' for them.
Much easier to copy/paste and make fake conversations.

I would ask everyone NOT to open new Topics all the time,
first search if there is opened topic, then post there.
Also don't post multiple  news Topic without your comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
@epidemia
Are we limited in number of posts we can make per day now? And how much we can write?
I have this info and can reply or write PMs ....

s.110.jpg

Edited by hexwin

3 hours ago, man19920 said:

can warning point removed or not ..? and if person has been banned can him take another chance ???

some cases I give warnings but don't block him from making posts or accessing websites,
it can be erased if he really doesn't do it anymore, it's just a lot of consideration.

• Useful or interesting 1

9 hours ago, cryptokram said:

How about those users who tried to cheat the promotion here in the forum?

They want to have some money out of cheating! are they subject to be banned (account) or they will just be disqualified on the contest? because they are doing a bad thing and not fair!

this is true, I've seen several cases that were aiming to do just that (and reported them)... those guys need to be kept under control. If we want to have a good start on this forum, an important thing is to try to keep things as fair as possible, building trust and respect...

What is happening to those cheaters that are spamming to get the sats?

I have found some users whom I reported was banned (No symptom of ban unless they are inactive).

But what's the use of warning points? Which rules breaking are direct ban and which are subject to warning.

It makes sense that plagiarism will get direct ban, I am not sure though. Would be better if there were a detailed article from moderator.

6 hours ago, ayatoslaw said:

some cases I give warnings but don't block him from making posts or accessing websites,
it can be erased if he really doesn't do it anymore, it's just a lot of consideration.

Good to know.

8 hours ago, hexwin said:

Also don't post multiple  news Topic without your comment.

This is what killing the boards. People are copying the link and pasting it here and in most cases they are copying the entire article and posting it shamelessly.

26 minutes ago, dentolas said:

What is happening to those cheaters that are spamming to get the sats?

My understanding is that depending on the weight they are getting banned and getting warning.

21 minutes ago, Consignee said:

It makes sense that plagiarism will get direct ban, I am not sure though.

It's not happening at least after reading @epidemia in one post. I think the staff are trying be a bit more flexible since we are very new here. 

15 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

It's not happening at least after reading @epidemia in one post. I think the staff are trying be a bit more flexible since we are very new here. 

it makes sense... we are trying to build a new forum and find ways to get the users here... need to control the population, but beeing too rigid will be against the whole purpose of the promotion... especially easy banning...

6 minutes ago, dentolas said:

but beeing too rigid will be against the whole purpose of the promotion... especially easy banning...

Exactly, in bitcoinTalk they can afford it because they already have the visitor base may be some day we will be able to think the same.

3 minutes ago, iamsheikhadil said:

Also, I guess it's better to ban directly for plagiarism than to just give them warnings.

Like we talked before, may be some day. Let us to build the community first.

17 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

I would like to know how banning a member in this forum works? 

Moderators see user signals about a violation.
They can see which account in question.
Then they make their own decisions about blocking accounts.
Perhaps this is how it happens here.

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

5 hours ago, MyThoughts said:

Moderators see user signals about a violation.
They can see which account in question.
Then they make their own decisions about blocking accounts.
Perhaps this is how it happens here.

I am pretty sure that they will be banmore accounts! and i hope theat the person who did the thread will make more!

come on !if am doing othing bad so whats up???

i am not against of anything but i will be sleeping son!

1 minute ago, cryptokram said:

i am not against of anything but i will be sleeping son!

Go to sleep and you will see more 50 posts behind LOL

Anyway, I think users really need to understand that if they do copy paste and spamming then today or tomorrow they will be banned. Misusing is useless.

LOL you are number one now so everything will be on your side! dont get me wrong but that is right!

arent you happy for that? do you really hope that there will be changes soon? clme on dude! a

Just now, cryptokram said:

arent you happy for that? do you really hope that there will be changes soon? clme on dude!

Anything is possible for a man if he wants 😊 I will be obviously happy if you pull the break.

Joking. 

By the way, I really missed to post all the day ☺️

Anyway, let's stop it here since we are not talking about banning anymore.

6 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Anything is possible for a man if he wants 😊 I will be obviously happy if you pull the break.

Joking. 

By the way, I really missed to post all the day ☺️

Anyway, let's stop it here since we are not talking about banning anymore.

That is my problem dude! you are posting everywhere which is impossible to have you at 2nd!

You are every where man even you are saying not really into topic! you are keeping to quote anyone! so i am sure i will never be number 1 coz you are saying everything even at no sense!

Give me a sad like if you think i am saying wrong then a haha if i am telling right!

I know your dummy so better not!

Edited by cryptokram

2 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

Does all member here are limited in number of post we can make per day now?

I already explaining in other topic however here again.

The limit is 50 post per day max but you get rid of this if you fill up two condition:

1. Pass the Newbie rank (21 - 100 posts)

2. Pass the first 5 days.

Once any one of them will be fulfilled you are free.

4 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

but still 30 post will be credit on payment or 50 post at the end of the day?

For payment max is 30

5 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

and unlimited posting is no longer applicable in the forum while the contest is running?

For ultimate posting, you will have to be either above a Newbie or more than 5 days old account. It's very simple. Why are you complicating?

Here is a plan for Brand new account.

First day make 50 posts

2nd day make another 50 posts

I two days they are Newbie meaning there will be no restriction from then. From the 3rd day you are free to post unlimited.

Just now, lovesybitz said:

at least with question anyhow, and you answered me clearly, don't make it too personal, chillux...

Now its already cleared, thank you..☺️

No personal lol

I was happily answering you and good to know that it helped. Feel free to quote or mention me for any further assistance. You know I am here. 😊 

Wow is very good sometimes that they are prohibiting those users who do not contribute anything, in fact it was very necessary, I think that the limit of publications is necessary for those who make very bad publications.

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Anyway, I think users really need to understand that if they do copy paste and spamming then today or tomorrow they will be banned. Misusing is useless.

I think it's right.
There's nothing to litter the good cryptocurrency forum.
Block spammers with their referral links, duplicate posts...

1 hour ago, Bills said:

Wow is very good sometimes that they are prohibiting those users who do not contribute anything, in fact it was very necessary, I think that the limit of publications is necessary for those who make very bad publications.

If all users honestly like others for good posts, and not just their friends, then it would be possible offer the moderators to encourage those who have a lot of likes and a good reputation.
For example, for 10 likes 1 message per day.
I saw a great and big user post with 250 posts on the forum, but with only 10 rating points.
And I saw a user with few posts and with a lot of rating.
Everything becomes immediately clear.

8 hours ago, MyThoughts said:

If all users honestly like others for good posts, and not just their friends, then it would be possible offer the moderators to encourage those who have a lot of likes and a good reputation.

I disagree. getting like and making good post does not mean that you will make a good moderator. Moderation is something to judge and to have a sharp eye to identify unusual things. Such as plagiarism to delete, identifying a users making spam, good sense of knowledge about forum rules and many more.

A moderator will need to be always focused and alert about possibly every post that are coming to check and response to the reports in the queue.

It's not an easy job.