DDoS Protection Implemented by the Forum - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
PiroSense

DDoS Protection Implemented by the Forum

This is dangerous information! Is it reasonable that someone is attacking this wonderful forum? If this is correct, we must develop methods of protection and safety, and I think that the forum administration is more aware of what is going on.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:51 AM, McCree said:

DDos protection is just a way to slow down bots who are abusing the system. So unless you are accessing this site from TOR you won't see a difference in browsing this site. If you're using TOR you might get a recaptcha to solve, that's all.

Bitcointalk doesn't use any javascript whatsoever so the server load for it is pretty light.

Could you tell me what a TOR is? because about two days ago they started send me to solve at least 2 recaptcha a day and i thought that was normal until i saw your post

9 hours ago, Zerocrisis said:

Could you tell me what a TOR is? because about two days ago they started send me to solve at least 2 recaptcha a day and i thought that was normal until i saw your post

Tor is a privacy and anonymity software that routes you across decentralized nodes. Usually they are blacklisted by captcha so the users of this get the hardest captchas to solve.

• Useful or interesting 1

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

1 hour ago, McCree said:

Tor is a privacy and anonymity software that routes you across decentralized nodes. Usually they are blacklisted by captcha so the users of this get the hardest captchas to solve.

So i don't need to do anything else but keeping solving recaptchas in order to login to my cryptotalk account? because this is not a problem for me to keep doing it.

5 minutes ago, Zerocrisis said:

So i don't need to do anything else but keeping solving recaptchas in order to login to my cryptotalk account? because this is not a problem for me to keep doing it.

No I do not recommend logging into cryptotalk with Tor, because Tor is like a VPN and those kinds of networks are treated as multi-account here which is not allowed.

Don't use Tor for any cryptocurrency earning website because it is usually against their rules.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

On 1/5/2020 at 1:06 PM, PiroSense said:

Is it just me, or the forum already enabled DDoS protection/detection while accessing the forums?

I recently noticed that once in a while, it scans my browser first before loading a specific webpage in the forum. It seems like they have implemented such because last night (GMT+8), I noticed a slowdown and some downtime in the forum.

And the server slowdown is odd, since we are only at 75,000+ members and growing, while comparing it to Bitcointalk, which has over 2.7 million registered users (though only sub-1k users online), doesn't experience the same slowdown.

For those who didn't know about DDoS, in simplest words, it is an attack by a network of high number of computers (called botnet) that accesses a site at the same time, making the traffic of data heavy, which could eventually bring the server down, or at least slow down the loading times. For more info about DDoS, read here: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/

I didnt Notice the changes in website and yes sometimes The website load very slow but the most interesting part that I encounter was Captcha when posting I need to submit a captcha when comment which is Odd for me.

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

I notice it last November after the issue about the payment and almost one day I and my colleagues can't access the server of the forum but it has been fix and we already notice the DDOS protection. It actually a good thing for everyone.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:06 PM, PiroSense said:

Is it just me, or the forum already enabled DDoS protection/detection while accessing the forums?

I recently noticed that once in a while, it scans my browser first before loading a specific webpage in the forum. It seems like they have implemented such because last night (GMT+8), I noticed a slowdown and some downtime in the forum.

And the server slowdown is odd, since we are only at 75,000+ members and growing, while comparing it to Bitcointalk, which has over 2.7 million registered users (though only sub-1k users online), doesn't experience the same slowdown.

For those who didn't know about DDoS, in simplest words, it is an attack by a network of high number of computers (called botnet) that accesses a site at the same time, making the traffic of data heavy, which could eventually bring the server down, or at least slow down the loading times. For more info about DDoS, read here: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/

Noticing this too everytime I open the forum or whenever the site refreshes after long minutes or hours of not using it. Actually, I have been encountering this DDoS protection in some websites I use for earning free cryptos a lot of times but not really familiar what this is all about. So thanks for sharing information about it together with the link too. Helped me a lot in understanding. And because of the information I have read from the link you shared, I finally realized, this is what just happened to the site of an online business I have been a member a year ago. Unusual traffic suddenly occured and attacked the site giving us members difficulty to log in to our accounts because the site became very laggy all day everyday. The site owner forgot to put a DDoS protection to it and only realized what he should have done only when it was already too late because the site needs to close down. Thanks so much for the enlightenment.

Claim daily free coins and do more tasks to earn faster, https://www.thecryptofaucet.com/?r=17218

claim free ZEN every 20 hours, https://getzen.cash/auth/register?ref=152571

join me in this wonderful gambling site and win daily, https://windice.io/?r=k31fsc092

On 1/5/2020 at 6:06 AM, PiroSense said:

DDoS protection is needed for the forum now to protect against DDoS attack. It's not until we grow to over 1 million before it's enabled. This shows a very responsive forum administrator attention to security. Kudos to them for this

2 hours ago, Fattkidd said:

which is Odd for me.

It is kind of odd, but it's there for a reason. It's to discourage spammers from posting topics right after one another and flooding the forum. It also helps eliminate bot users that uses bots to post non-sense or plagiarized content with minimal effort just for payment.

8 hours ago, McCree said:

No, no recomiendo iniciar sesión en cryptotalk con Tor, porque Tor es como una VPN y este tipo de redes se tratan como cuentas múltiples aquí, lo que no está permitido.

No use Tor para ningún sitio web que genere criptomonedas porque generalmente va en contra de sus reglas.

image.thumb.png.8140b98b024674044687cfa91f639318.png

I did a test on a page i found on the net to find out if i was connected to TOR and took a screenshot where it shows i'm not using a TOR and i know VPN but i don't use it either, is not  my intention to bother you with so many questions and i thanks you for your support.

I think this feature is really great. Cause this feature will help this forum page to be more powerful and dos attack free. The hackers can't get this forum down anymore. 

I don't really understand what's happening but I know it's bad news. I hope we won't get attacked by scammers and hackers. This forum needs high level security protection . Our data needs to be safe too. I hope it will be back to normal.

when I post, there is a delay. If this is true, we must develop a method of protection. So as not to make the server down.

No everyone is experiencing ddos scanning buy site before getting you to the page. 

My question is whether it is me or everybody experienceing this ddos scan by browser every time i refresh or go a to a topic in platform.

On 2/3/2020 at 5:56 AM, Sk Shishir0 said:

they did it without announcing it, apparently. I have a slower internet connection so I can see the "Cloudflare website redirecting" browser display thingie while navigating this forum every now and then. Having protection here is a good thing, especially now that this forum is becoming more and more well-known, and the hackers are on the prowl.

My slow internet allowed me see this too. Occasionally, I get the message DDoS checking your server, please wait. I hope this DDoS protection helps remove all bot posting in the forum. I saw a tweet from Yobit that they've used DDoS to remove all bot from the exchange. I'm sure the DDoS here too will work same way

On 1/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, rounack said:

yes pal i also noticed that,i really liked that you notice it and post here.i agreed with you,also there is important for forum is protection.to prevent the system from scammers.If really website enable ddos protection then its really good news for our community

That's true, this forum are getting more slower and it is so frustrating. I think this forum needs a DDoS protection to prevent those problems. DDos is also good do avoid unwanted attacks too. 

On 1/5/2020 at 10:06 AM, PiroSense said:

Yes i also face same scan browser in crypto talk site many time. This site have great traffic and thats why we face some server slow down problem.

On 2/14/2020 at 7:37 AM, faraz mashal said:

It seems like the forum is now making use of Cloudflare now, and they did it without announcing it, apparently. I have a slower internet connection so I can see the "Cloudflare website redirecting" browser display thingie while navigating this forum every now and then. Having protection here is a good thing, especially now that this forum is becoming more and more well-known, and the hackers are on the prowl.

well to be honest it affect only the first time when you enter the site after it you won't see any speed difference on the cryptotalk.org so it is a common knowledge that DDos protection in important to be secure from bots.

On 2/20/2020 at 7:22 PM, Md Rana Akash said:

I think this forum's DDos prevention is good to avoid unwanted attacks.It will slow down its browsing but its safety will be  secured.

to be honest i don't think that anyone will atack this site, why would someone waste their resources to slow down this site? what would be the deal? but it is ok to have protection i just don't think that it is neccesery.

That was a good way to combat all those not that are taking advantage of the forum. That is why all the spam has reduced.

What's are the DDos protection? Because I was seeing that's DDoS security control was used in one of the scamming sites and I often saw it anywhere than There in the scamming site

On 1/5/2020 at 11:49 PM, JamesMark said:

I think this forum's DDos prevention is good to avoid unwanted attacks. Yobit is having a rewarding campaign and many people are participating in this forum. Maybe the hacker will use to perform DDos attack.

I think this may be not happened because we have a good moderators here and also admins to avoid some hackers here in this forum, they are stricted when it comes to this situation.