Why hardware wallets are the safest place to store bitcoin - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hani20980

Why hardware wallets are the safest place to store bitcoin

A lot of peoples don't know that their coins in online wallets and exchanges

can be stolen and unfortunately some peoples storing very high amounts of BTC

in exchanges or desktop wallets peoples should know that online wallets are not

the best place to store big money why ? because hackeres are able to reach and

hack any wallet connected to the internet so what makes hardware wallets the

safest way to store BTC ? because hardware wallets are not connected to the

internet and it's immpossible for hackers to reach an offline wallet there is a

lot of hardware wallets but the must popular wallets are Ledger Nano and

Trezor anyone can buy a hardware wallet because they are not too expensive

you can buy a hardware wallet if you spend between 200$ and 400$

Edited by hani20980
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

2 hours ago, hani20980 said:

Yeah meany cryptocurrency holder uses online and mobile wallets to store there coins, they know its risky but since cryptocurrency is worldwide most holders around the world don't have access to buy hard wallet because hard wallets are found on some country, i am from Africa and there is no hard wallet in my location that's why i am using online wallet.

• +3 1

On 11/15/2020 at 8:50 PM, hani20980 said:

Indeed. Although, hard wallets may be costly still it is a good investment for everyone and to those users who own a huge amount of Bitcoin. Hard wallets let you have better and enhanced security, it also supports range of cryptocurrencies available in the market, and it is easy to recover. 

What most people should know that storing Cryptos online are very risky, cos it could be hacked by lots of internet fraudsters, so it shouldn't be that costly to you to purchase the hardware's wallet so to be on the safer side.

That's right friend, a hardware wallet is cold, and to crack it-you need to have more direct access, so they are an extremely reliable solution, and easily pay for their price! The main thing is to store it correctly, so as not to lose it, because it is extremely difficult to restore it!

Software wallets are risky to some extent but that does not mean that the users should not use the online wallets available to them. if you follow the correct security protocols then you can avoid scams and other hacking to a great extent. there are many genuine and trusted wallets from which you can choose if you do not have the access and affordability towards hardware wallets.

You are partly right, software wallets are a bit easier against possible hacks, however security is still good, the only weak link is the user who can be easily fooled and lose their funds.
Legder is a very good option as a Hardware wallet and is worth buying if you have the money.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

It's true hardware wallets are the safest place to store your assets, and if you have big  amounts you have to use it otherwise it could be terrible for you, but it doesn't mean hardware wallets are %100 safe. There's no %100 safe situation, eveything can happend in crypto world you can get hack while you're transfering you assets to the exchanger with using your ledger.

• Useful or interesting 1

There are two types of currency wallets:

•  A hot wallet is any wallet that is connected to the Internet in one way or another. For example, when you create an account on Binance and send coins to your wallet, you are depositing into a hot Binance wallet. These portfolios are very easy to create and can be accessed quickly, making them convenient for other traders and users.
  • On the other hand, cold wallets are offline. Instead, it uses a physical means of storing keys offline, which makes it resistant to attempts at online hacking. As such, cold wallets tend to be the safest alternative to "storing" your coins
  • +5 1

With the current rising of bitcoin price at the market, scammers may worsen their searching and attack fragile wallets. It's true hard wallets are the best and most complex security wallet to prevent loosing unless you share the private keys

On 12/31/2020 at 1:08 PM, Nicole018 said:

Software wallets are risky to some extent but that does not mean that the users should not use the online wallets available to them. if you follow the correct security protocols then you can avoid scams and other hacking to a great extent. there are many genuine and trusted wallets from which you can choose if you do not have the access and affordability towards hardware wallets.

Software wallets are safe too mate, many people are using it right now like coinbase etc but hardware wallets is very secured because you can handle your own private key to be sure that you're the only one who can access your wallet.

Yes, I know the risk that I can have when using website wallets or online wallets. But this is the only way I can store my money. I want to use some hardware wallets but in my country, we don't have access on those kinds of wallets. That's why I always make sure that my money is very safe on that wallet by adding other security features on that wallet so it will not be easily get hacked or been stolen from me.

Hardware wallets are safer than exchanges that's why if we have big investments we should store our bitcoins in those wallets. Hardware wallets are safe but it's not %100 safe because there could be virus inside those hardware or you can get hack while you're trying to connect exchange. That's why paper wallet could be the safest wallet for me.

• Useful or interesting 1

It's safe cause no one won't be able to steal your bitcoin from there. That's why that is very safe. But if you use any digital or blockchain wallet then many scammer could steal from there if they get chance.

Am new to these thanks for this information I dont know their is hardware wallet as u said but from your explanation I think is the safest wallet because its offline which will difficult to hack

Hello my friend, I think that this idea is very appropriate. We should protect our money from fraudsters and hackers. Hard wallets are good and safe even if the money is spent for it.

various ancestors envy sent encourage ambition web necessary sarver bd to them. if you follow the correct security protocols then you can avoid scams and other hacking to a great extent. there are many genbecome why anxious who eln neutral encourage aex sonbad exist army abstraction Jackson 

• -5 1

A hardware wallet is typically a USB device that stores user's Private keys securely. This has serious advantages over hot wallet's as it's unaffected by viruses that could be one one's computer because private keys never come in contact with your network connected computer or potentially vulnerable software.

On 11/15/2020 at 5:50 PM, hani20980 said:

Better believe it meany cryptographic money holder utilizes on the web and versatile wallets to store there coins, they know its dangerous yet since digital currency is overall most holders around the globe don't approach purchase hard wallet in light of the fact that hard wallets are found on some country.

The value and security of hardware wallets are indeed very attractive, but their prices are quite high compared to the assets we normally own and store. I usually store my tokens on some exchanges and use security measures like F2A. Some exchanges also refund the money users lose in the attacks, for example Binance, so I trust and use Binance.

Right the security is very high in hard Wallet because it's not exposed to internet all the time only when you want to deposit or withdraw all your coins are in safe place like that but other Wallet it's very risky and can effect your coins

Due to the scan was the hardware wallet is most safe things to store the Bitcoin and one thing more I want to suggest you that you should to be careful about your private key you should not to share with anyone and best of luck

Thank you, my friend, for this useful and valuable post. The majority of people actually suffer from fraudsters and thieves who steal accounts, so you have to choose the most secure wallet for you.