Beginners - Explaining the difference between coins and tokens - Page 2 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
phabulu

Beginners - Explaining the difference between coins and tokens

On 11/12/2019 at 10:50 PM, phabulu said:

Token is a cryptocurrency that requires another platform to exist and function. Tokens can represent anything that has been programmed into a Smart Contract on Blockchain, they are basically any assets that are fungible and tradable. 

Creating tokens is much easier than creating a new currency because it uses an available platform that has already been created, which means you don't have to modify the codes of a particular protocol or create a zero block.

In short, coins are standalone cryptocurrencies that require no other platform to run on, while Tokens are created on platforms that typically have their own currency.

Understand where the definition of Cryptocurrency comes from. Cryptocurrencies are digital or virtual currencies that are encrypted using encryption. Cryptography refers to the use of encryption techniques to secure and verify the transfer of transactions.

Bitcoin represents the first decentralized cryptocurrency, which is fed by its users without a central authority or intermediaries to control and all transactions are chronologically recorded in Blockchain.

All you have to do is follow a standard block model - like Ethereum, which is chosen because of its unique and amazing block technology - that lets you create your own tokens. This functionality of creating your own tokens is possible through the use of Smart Contract, which are computer codes registered in a Blockchain, so that they cannot be deleted or edited.

There are many tokens developed on top of the Ethereum platform like EOS, VeChain, OmiseGO, Binance Coin, Augur, Status and many more. Just go to the Coinmarketcap website and click on the “Tokens” tab. There are also a number of other platforms available for tokens to develop, such as Counterparty, Bitshares, Waves, Qtum, Nxt, Omni and NEO.

This post source is my official Steemit:

https://steemit.com/token/@phabulu/explaining-the-different-between-coins-and-tokens

In this post before I thought that coin and tokens are same. But I know what is coin and what is token. And what is the difference between of them.

• -1 1

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

On 11/12/2019 at 6:50 PM, phabulu said:

There are many tokens developed on top of the Ethereum platform like EOS, VeChain, OmiseGO, Binance Coin, Augur, Status and many more. Just go to the Coinmarketcap website and click on the “Tokens” tab.

I would like to add that those were just placeholder tokens for the ico distribution and development phase. After that most of them got or will get their own blockchain platform.

Edited by rekter
grammar

coins are just method of payment while and  Tokens may present a company's share,

give access to product or service and perform many other functions.

4 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

coins are just method of payment while and  Tokens may present a company's share,

give access to product or service and perform many other functions.

It isn't so simple. Coins are platforms that can be built into. Tokens are representing ether collectables, utility tokens, placeholder tokens or securities, commodities or currencies or vaporware. Almost in any case they are not representing a company's share or a stock. Not yet anyway.

• Useful or interesting 1

Nice and simple way to explain the difference between token and coin it's very necessary to know that special for the newbie in Crypto currency world in this forum , thanks for the job

Thanks to the cap for the information, it is really useful and I would place it in the department for discussing newcomers, there it belongs, I often meet a question and a statement about what is a coin, token and cryptocurrency - their difference.

Most tokens don't see lots of user adoption and so they continue to live on a blockchain's mainnet. The thing about becoming independent is that if there is not enough enthusiasm in your new project it will become worthless.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

Coins that are also often called altcoins or alternative cryptocurrency coins are digital money, created using encryption techniques, that store value over time. Basically, it is a digital equivalent of money. Tokens are digital assets, issued by the project, which can be used as a method of payment inside the project’s ecosystem, performing similar functions with coins, but the main difference is that it also gives the holder a right to participate in the network.

Its an useful and very important informations for all the beginners who don't know the difference between tokens and coins you can betterly know the uses about tokens and coins and its important differences according to the users of this field.

Coins are the actual money that has the real value in the market and hence they have to be accumulated first in ur wallet. The tokens don't have the real value but they can have the value if they get sponsor from the big exchanges.

Good explanation it helps me as a beginner to know the difference between the coins and tokens, very good post. Thanks!

Before I entered this forum, I knew a little about the difference between tokens and coins. Which is just the difference between networks. For example tokens use ethereum or tron networks and coins have their own networks.

express gratitude you consequently greatly for this information, it will be fantastically nifty for the beginners! at an earlier time he was confused, and talked to introduce somebody to an area as an alternative of "coin" memento , confusing them, and at this time are the errors from happening. This is positively not a categorize , but I contemplate population analysis this subject matter will not be to buy with it

Indeed, the the largest part constructive in order for beginners, for me this article was in addition useful, even though I possess a more readily extensive time in cryptocurrency.

Only now I know what these symbols will be from now on I am reassuring about these currencies These symbols can be profit through in short periods ...

This explanation is good and great for beginners, so I think its right and appropriate place in the educational section for beginners, and this will be good

well thanks for sharing such and good information ans yes i want to add about coins. coins are mined and miners mine the coin and tokens ar enot mined as far as iknow. so it is a very good difference as i know.

Your post indicates a lot of experience. You wrote detailed words about Bitcoin, and this is great. I cannot respond to many words on your post because I do not understand some things because I am new to this forum. Thank you for this useful post.

Coins are just method of payment while tokens may present a company’s share, give access to product or service and perform many other functions. Coins are currencies that can be used for buying and selling things. You can buy a token with a coin, but not vice versa. Coin operates independently, while token has a specific use in the project’s ecosystem.

Well explained, many of we didn't their different that much i just thought tokens are something like rewards which you will be given for some tasks and its not require blockchain but coins are require blockchain.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On the Ethereum cryptocurrency platform, you can observe many tokens. I have already collected more than 300 tokens from various bounty platforms. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Обменный пункт KingsExchange представляет новое направление обмена!   Теперь у нас доступен обмен Polkadot на Advanced Cash USD. Воспользуйтесь нашими выгодными курсами и получите максимальную выгоду при обмене DOT на ADV.   Мы стремимся предоставить нашим клиентам лучшие условия и быстрые транзакции. Присоединяйтесь к числу довольных клиентов KingsExchange и оцените удобство и выгоду обмена Polkadot на Advanced Cash USD.   KingsExchange - ваш надежный партнер в мире обмена валют!     Возникли вопросы – служба поддержки всегда готова помочь Вам.   Сотрудничество Telegram: @kingsexchange_global Email: kingsexchangeee@gmail.com   Поддержка Telegram: @kingsexchange_support Email: support@kingsexchange.global   Наш официальный Instagram: kingsexchange.global  
    • На этой неделе биткойн поднялся выше 71 000 долларов, выйдя за пределы узкого торгового диапазона, в котором он находился в течение нескольких недель. Одним из основных катализаторов такого ценового движения является высокий спрос через ETF, чистый приток которых за последнюю неделю составил около 1,2 миллиарда долларов. В дальнейшем несколько ключевых факторов предполагают, что на Биткойн может возникнуть новая волна спроса. Новая волна спроса на биткойн Как отмечается в последнем анализе CryptoQuant , только за последнюю неделю эти ETF получили около $1,2 млрд чистого нового притока, что отражает возросший интерес покупателей к получению доступа к активу через эти инвестиционные инструменты. Этот огромный приток капитала в спотовые биткойн-ETF обеспечил значительный рост цены ведущей криптовалюты после периода относительной стагнации. Недавний рост цены BTC позволил краткосрочным инвесторам, которые недавно приобрели актив, снова оказаться в прибыльном положении. Такое возобновление прибыльности снижает риск перелома настроений инвесторов и разворота от бычьего тренда к медвежьему. CryptoQuant по-прежнему считает период консолидации в диапазоне от 60 000 до 70 000 долларов более вероятным в ближайшем будущем. В настоящее время не существует никаких серьезных положительных экономических факторов, которые могли бы вызвать огромный приток нового капитала и подтолкнуть Биткойн к значительному росту цен, как в прошлые бычьи циклы.   На этой неделе мало важных экономических данных, что является благоприятным фактором, учитывая текущие оптимистические настроения после последних данных по инфляции в США. Однако, если предстоящие экономические отчеты разочаруют и ослабят аппетит к риску, это может спровоцировать откат цены BTC обратно к уровню 60 000 долларов. Хотя сохраняются опасения по поводу возвращения Биткойна к консолидации, в отчете также подчеркиваются новые признаки того, что следующее крупное ралли может начаться раньше, чем ожидалось. На рынке уже наблюдается возрождение из-за спекуляций относительно одобрения спотового ETF ETF, из-за которого совокупная рыночная капитализация превысила 2,55 триллиона долларов. Зона успеха для биткойна Популярный криптовалютный аналитик Али Мартинес предполагает очень «минимальное сопротивление» в ценовом диапазоне от 70 180 до 70 600 долларов. Более 450 000 биткойн-адресов купили около 273 000 BTC в этом диапазоне, создав зону предложения. Если Биткойну удастся преодолеть зону от 70 180 до 70 600 долларов, путь наименьшего сопротивления будет выше. Но если давление продавцов остановит ралли в этом диапазоне, это может временно ограничить потенциал роста.
    • Всем привет. Мы работаем в штатном режиме. На нашем сайте можно посмотреть на каких мониторингах мы размещаемся. Всем продуктивного дня!
    • Биткоин двигался не плохо, наверно дальше пойдет. Даа, все ждут рост альтов с нетерпением. Монета нот не хорошо себя показал, сразу падал. Надо быть осторожным с новыми монетами. Мои монеты, w, saga, tnsr меня подвели. Ордера ещё висит и жду роста их. 
    • 💲 Reward Pool: $10,000 worth of $LUM tokens 💵 Reward per participant: $10 worth of $LUM tokens (750 lucky winners) 👥 Referral Reward: $20 worth of $LUM tokens (125 top referrals)   📆 Campaign Duration: May 21 - June 3 (11:30 PM UTC) 🗓 Distribution Date: July 3 to June 7   🤖Airdrop Link: https://t.me/Lumina_AirdropBot   📄 Information  Lumina is the first #LSD cross-chain restaking platform to illuminate opportunities across Bitcoin, EVM & Non-EVM | Standard Ecosystem   Steps to Join👇 1️⃣ Join our Telegram group  2️⃣ Follow us on X, Like + RT + tag 3 friends in the pinned tweet  3️⃣ Join our DC Server  4️⃣ Submit your EVM wallet address   Airdrop rules:    🎯 More referrals, more earnings 🪅
    • JuicyBet планируют провести AirDrop на $1 000 000           JuicyBet — это экосистемная GameFi платформа на основе протокола Azuro. В данный момент они проводят крупный ивент перед TGE — AirDrop на $1 000 000.Механика максимально понятная и простая: 1. Переходим на сайт2. Нажимаем “Earn Drops”3. Нажимаем “Login”4. Выбираем любой из 3 видов подключения (самые удобные это Twitter или Google) и подключаемся.5. Выполняем все задания, приглашаем друзей, тестируем продукт - получаем XP и увеличиваем дроп!  А что по токену? Из новостей — проект будет выкупать токен на 50% прибыли! Недавно на лаунчпадах стартовали IDO, где можно ухватить токен по привлекательной цене. Присоединяйтесь к Discord / Twitter сообществу и следите за апдейтами - неделя будет жаркой!  Активные лаунчпады: tge.juicybet.net
    • RUB 🔄 BTC   Один из самых популярных обменов на нашей платформе – конвертация рублей (RUB) в биткоины (BTC). Это востребованное направление выбирают как новички, интересующиеся криптовалютами, так и опытные инвесторы, стремящиеся разнообразить свои инвестиции. Эта операция предоставляет возможность пополнить кошелек цифровыми активами.   Приятных обменов!
    • Доброго времени суток, уважаемые пользователи сервиса! Рады вам сообщить, что у нас добавлены новые направления обмена. TRON TRX -> СберБанк RUB СберБанк RUB -> TRON TRX С уважением, Администрация cryptotims.com.  
    • Динамика ведущих криптовалют За прошедшую неделю топ-10 крупнейших криптовалют по рыночной капитализации показали разнонаправленную, но преимущественно положительную динамику. Bitcoin (BTC) Биткоин (BTC) в середине недели начал расти и поднялся с $62,000 до $66,000 на фоне выхода данных об инфляции в США. Индекс потребительских цен (ИПЦ), измеряющий базовую инфляцию в США, в апреле вырос меньше прогнозируемого уровня. Это свидетельствует о возможном снижении инфляции и дает надежду инвесторам на снижение процентной ставки Федрезерва. После этого BTC продолжил укрепляться, достигнув локального максимума на уровне середины апреля. На момент написания статьи монета торговалась на уровне $66,905, что составляет рост на 9,17%. Узнайте больше о трех причинах роста BTC. Ethereum (ETH) Курс нативного коина блокчейна Ethereum (ETH) за неделю также вырос, но более скромно — на 4,84%. Тем не менее, монета восстановилась выше психологической отметки $3000. На момент написания ETH торговался на уровне $3075. Читайте также прогноз Coinbase: Ethereum (ETH) нацелен на рост. Toncoin (TON) Среди топ-10 крупнейших криптовалют самые большие потери понес Toncoin (TON). За последние семь дней его стоимость снизилась почти на 9%, до $6,39 на момент написания. Solana (SOL) Лидером роста стал токен Solana (SOL), который получает поддержку благодаря возросшему интересу институциональных инвесторов. На момент написания SOL торговался на уровне $167,74, с внутринедельным ростом на 15,63%.
    • Cловарика криптоинвестора Блокчейн — это технология шифрования и хранения данных (реестра), которые распределены по множеству компьютеров, объединенных в общую сеть. Фактически это место, где хранится вся информация о совершенных трансакциях. Она записана в виде связанных между собой блоков. Каждый новый блок хранит запись о предыдущем. Добыча криптовалюты или майнинг — это процесс появления и выпуска новых виртуальных монет. Эмиссия криптовалюты требует больших затрат на электроэнергию, так как в этом процессе в Сети происходит решение криптографической задачи. Халвинг — это снижение скорости генерирования новых единиц криптовалюты. Такая процедура заложена во многих блокчейн-сетях. После нее добывать криптовалюту становится дороже. Криптовалютный кошелек (криптокошелек) — специальное программное (или аппаратное) обеспечение, которое позволяет хранить криптовалюту, а также совершать операции с ней. Для подтверждения права управления средствами необходимо иметь специальные ключи — публичный (открытый) и приватный (закрытый). Листинг (listing) – добавление монеты на биржу и доступность к покупке/продаже. Медвежий рынок (bear market) – время когда крипто рынок находится в стагнации или вовсе падает. Бычий рынок или тренд- состояние рынка на подъеме Ведро (Bucket)— это торговое предложение или ордер на покупку, которое гораздо ниже актуального курса. Стакан — это важный инструмент для трейдеров, предоставляющий информацию в режиме реального времени об уровне спроса и предложения конкретной криптовалюты в указанной торговой паре ее ликвидность. Если у вас есть вопросы по обмену, смело задавайте их нашему менеджеру @Doctorbit_pro Сайт: DOCTORBIT.PRO (https://doctorbit.pro/)