Wallet of Satoshi - Page 3 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content

1 hour ago, BitcryptoHan said:

But what about the on chain aspect, is my private key given me? No.

Right. Only if it was non-custodial, I would have said the wallet of Satoshi has it all. But still, I would say for a custodial wallet, it is safe enough.

One great thing about custodial wallet is being very easy to use with good support unlike non-custodial (which are the safest). So there are advantages and disadvantages of both categories, the users would now choose the best one for him; and I think security should be considered first.

• +5 2

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

2 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

One great thing about custodial wallet is being very easy to use with good support unlike non-custodial (which are the safest). So there are advantages and disadvantages of both categories, the users would now choose the best one for him; and I think security should be considered first.

@Raqeebzy +5 appreciation because you have made a point here 😉. Whenever I send email to expect solution, support staff from Wallet Of Satoshi replies my ticket with the detail explanation. In the case of non-custodial wallet, any issue will be handled through a community(own forum).

• +3 1

3 hours ago, DiamondBit said:

Using phone do not me a your wallet is not safe, I have been using electrum wallet do long over phone now, nothing ya happen to it. But I you think you can not protect your wallet on phone, then better to use hardware wallet because you  can not also protect it on computer. 

Thanks, this is the same opinion as mine and I think that external or offline wallets or exchanges are the best option currently, such as the Ledger Nano wallet..

• +1 2
  • +2 1

12 hours ago, iloveyobit said:

Thanks, this is the same opinion as mine and I think that external or offline wallets or exchanges are the best option currently, such as the Ledger Nano wallet..

Hardware wallet are easy to use while we can imply they are the safest. But, the best are many, there are many online wallets that are good, they do not have any vulnerability unless they are exposed to malware. If you avoid them from malware then you are good. But, for safety, it is clear that no wallet can be compared to hardware wallets. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

22 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

Right. Only if it was non-custodial, I would have said the wallet of Satoshi has it all. But still, I would say for a custodial wallet, it is safe enough.

@Raqeebzy. You have made a good point that even worth more than +5. You are right. That is why I can see people preferring custodial wallets over the noncustodial ones. It is because they are more easy to use. I have no word on this again because you are absolutely right. 

But, aside the lightning network, there are many good reasons other than safety why we should use noncustodial wallets. 

20 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@Raqeebzy +5 appreciation because you have made a point here 😉. Whenever I send email to expect solution, support staff from Wallet Of Satoshi replies my ticket with the detail explanation. In the case of non-custodial wallet, any issue will be handled through a community(own forum).

But know that the community will know better than people that are customer care and not many in numbers. Why is it that people using custodial wallet still come to the forums to ask about questions? Also, know that many noncustodial wallets have customer care but the only complain is that they may not respond fast.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +4 2

On 9/20/2020 at 5:01 PM, BitcryptoHan said:

Why is it that people using custodial wallet still come to the forums to ask about questions? Also, know that many noncustodial wallets have customer care but the only complain is that they may not respond fast.

@BitcryptoHanI have not said like non-custodial wallets do not have the customer care service I just tried to express about the fact for majority of non-custodial wallets which focus for community based support system. 

Edited by Whited35
  • +1 1

21 hours ago, iloveyobit said:

That is true, but for now, no hardware Salle support lightning network, and I have not found it on any other noncustodial wallet than electrum. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

2 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@BitcryptoHanI have not said like non-custodian wallets do not have the customer care service I just tried to express about the fact for majority of non-custodial wallets which focus for community based support system. 

I understand you very well, and I support the fact because custodial wallet try to always satisfy their customer. That is why many people are even using coinbase. 

But, for people that know about what enough, the best for them are noncustodial due to one reason or the other. 

But, it depends on our choices. Both are good. But we should not forget the fact that noncustodial wallets gives us privacy. We are the owner of the coin on blockchain directly which we can unlock by our private key through our noncustodial wallet. 

44 minutes ago, DiamondBit said:

That is true, but for now, no hardware Salle support lightning network, and I have not found it on any other noncustodial wallet than electrum. 

I took do not think there is any other wallet that is noncustodial that yet support lightning network but only electrical wallet. Let us expect best about it because they have only supported it few weeks to months ago. 

• +2 2
  • +3 1

20 hours ago, BitcryptoHan said:

But we should not forget the fact that noncustodial wallets gives us privacy. We are the owner of the coin on blockchain directly which we can unlock by our private key through our noncustodial wallet. 

@BitcryptoHan Myself, I am also non-custodial wallet lover but due to some exceptional feature, sometime we can use custodial wallet for the specific purposes(For the short time). Good to see that Lightning Networks based devs are now more focused to add more features on non-custodial wallet. 

Edited by Whited35
  • +2 1

3 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@BitcryptoHan Myself, I am also non-custodian wallet lover but due to some exceptional feature, sometime we can use custodian wallet for the specific purposes(For the short time). Good to see that Lightning Networks based devs are now more focused to add more features on non-custodian wallet. 

@Whited35 Sorry if I may, and please do not see this as a ridicule. It is not custodian and  non-custodain. The correct one is custodial and noncustodial. You can check it and correct me if I am wrong. And I appreciate your contribution towards the development of this forum, I have learnt a lot from you. 

About the lightning network, it is written on electrum that it is still at the stage of testing, that only little amount of bitcoin should be sent there. But with time, I hope there will be confidence of no vulnerability. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

4 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@BitcryptoHan Myself, I am also non-custodian wallet lover but due to some exceptional feature, sometime we can use custodian wallet for the specific purposes(For the short time). Good to see that Lightning Networks based devs are now more focused to add more features on non-custodian wallet. 

Yeah. No matter what, they have their very much advantage as much as noncustodial especially using them for very short term purpose for security reasons. Apart from that, I love them as simple as they are and free too 😁.

1 hour ago, BitcryptoHan said:

@Whited35 Sorry if I may, and please do not see this as a ridicule. It is not custodian and  non-custodain. The correct one is custodial and noncustodial. You can check it and correct me if I am wrong. And I appreciate your contribution towards the development of this forum, I have learnt a lot from you. 

Yeah. Custodial is the right spelling, I have also used custodial many times even on this posts before realising the mistake; we can't be blamed. English isn't our native languages.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

5 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Yes. Noncustodial is the best to use. But for lightning now, all I noticed is that custodial wallet are more advanced than noncustodial. I am noncustodial fan too but about lightning network, I have just set up a channel on wallet of satoshi, it is good. Electrum wallet is good too, but not as easy to use like wallet of satoshi. I just noticed this. But, I still prefer noncustodial type of wallet. 

5 hours ago, BitcryptoHan said:

@BitcryptoHan Oh, extreme blunder but actually it is not intentional. The fact is, I have been using spelling correction tool(extension) on browser over the past 4 days which is exhibiting Custodian instead of Custodial. You can also see my previous reply even in this thread but I highly appreciate your correction 😍

1694625830_Screenshot(29).png.13e0b957ac140aadc2a1771360917784.png

• +1 1

This sounds like a great wallet, and i especially like the fact that it supports both the lightning network as well as the normal blockchain transactions, so i will definitely give it a try the next time i make a withdrawal from any btc site. If you could include a proof of payment with these type of wallets, it would be really great. I have heard good reviews about this wallet, but in this thread i have not seen a proof where you have received funds in your wallet. The screenshot provided seems like it is more of a payment window rather than proof that the wallet is able to hold funds. Anyway, i will still give it a try. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. 

• +3 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

On 9/23/2020 at 6:04 PM, BrolySSJ said:

This sounds like a great wallet, and i especially like the fact that it supports both the lightning network as well as the normal blockchain transactions, so i will definitely give it a try the next time i make a

@BrolySSJ So I assumed you have already tried this. If not, yes it support both Lightning Network payment and the Bitcoin on-chain transaction. Wallet is extremely simple to use. I  have been using it and have faced no problem so far. 

• +2 1

I did not know about this wallet, I am going to investigate a little more, it looks simple and easy to use. It looks like a very good wallet to store satoshis. Thank you.

In general, any portfolio can be used for this type of asset to store satoshis, whether hot or cold, and some derivatives already arise from these, but to have full custody of your cryptocurrencies or fractions of satoshis, the hot one is recommended to comply with excellent security these are specialized hardware for these issues in general.

I know that the satoshi wallet is a bitcoin lightning network wallet as you hinted at in your article, but I don't like that wallet at all because it shows that the fees to transfer example to another wallet must be very high.

I have also used this wallet few days ago. i think the wallet is highly secured but to me the user interface is not good and i think if anyone want to store safely then he can use it.

i read all of comments under this post its look good i will definitely go through this and installed . 

thanks for sharing quality stuff here .

one point is valued in it its only store btc only interesting...

• +1 1

23 hours ago, EESHA AYYAN said:

one point is valued in it its only store btc only interesting

@EESHA AYYAN You can use it for the Bill payment purpose but I do not recommend it for you to hold Bitcoin for a long time in it. If you wish to store Bitcoin for a long term purpose, you can use hardware wallets like Trezor T. 

In my opinion, I think Satoshi's wallet is the Bitcoin network wallet as I mentioned on your post. But I do not like the wallet because it is safe. Bitcoin and everything about Bitcoin is built in a way it couldn't be guarded. There is a Governor of the Lightning Network is not maintained. I think this would be the best option for me and I advise you about it.

I have been using WoS since I decided that I don't want to pay or hold btc for reserve tx on lighting specially because at the moment my transactions are less than 1000 sats, so why pay the opening and closing of channels when I can just send the payments I need using WoS, specially if my costumers don't care about if it is custodian or not.

In the future I will try Nayuta full LN node wallet for android but with my current needs WoS will do just fine, my total balance is less than 10k satoshis, that is why it makes sense to have funds in a custodian wallet than something like Eclair mobile.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:32 AM, Guada said:

In the future I will try Nayuta full LN node wallet for android but with my current needs WoS will do just fine, my total balance is less than 10k satoshis, that is why it makes sense to have funds in a custodian wallet than something like Eclair mobile.

@Guada What about Nayuta ? I am hearing it for the first time. For Walle of Satoshi, yes it is the best and we need not get worried regarding the opening or closing the channels. Can Nayuta process the complex LNURL ? 

On 8/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, Whited35 said:

It is a custodian but the most trusted wallet(From the makers of  Living Room of Satoshi BTC bill payment service) 
Bitcoin Lightning Network(BLN) wallet. I found it is the simplest and the best wallet to receive and send Bitcoin by using both BLN(or on-chain Bitcoin). Your  BTC will be spendable once you successfully transfer BTC from another wallet to this wallet. 
There are three ways to top up your account.

• Click on BUY BTC option, according to your location, it exhibits the option to buy BTC. Generally, Australian can directly buy BTC inside the app and non-Australian can purchase BTC on their third party partner site moonpay.io
  • Send BTC from another wallet to BTC address provided by Wallet of Satoshi
  • Send BTC from another wallet to address provided by Wallet of Satoshi through BLN

home-screenshot-satoshi.thumb.png.44d22fcc31fd1742904af4eec8478a13.png

It supports QR Code, LNURL, and invoices generated from different platforms like Bitrefill. So receiving and sending BTC by using this wallet is really simple. Inside this wallet, you can find so many merchants to spend your BTC.

Remember ! If you do not sign up by using your email account, your all BTC amounts and data will be lost while clearing app data or uninstalling this wallet app !!

It supports both iOS and Android devices. So here are the links:-

Thanks for the information

• -5 1