Difference between Public key and Addresses? - Page 4 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Yomose

Difference between Public key and Addresses?

Bajo mi punto de vista the only function of the public key is to encrypt a file or document, and the private key can both encrypt and decrypt. If we send an encrypted document to another contact, it is encrypted with the public key. However, that person has to use the private key in order to decrypt it.:classic_rolleyes:

Public key encryption is also known as asymmetric encryption. It is something that is distributed publicly to both parties. The part that receives is the one that has a private key to be able to decrypt that file or document. The private key is associated with the public one.:classic_ninja:

The private key is not shared, as is the case with the public one. In this case it is also known as symmetric encryption. With this key we can both encrypt and decrypt that information.

The private key can never appear in the certificate that an authority has issued. This does not happen with the public key, which does go in the certificate. This happens for example with the electronic certificate of the DNI.

As always be good and enjoy.:classic_rolleyes:

On 10/13/2020 at 10:01 PM, godislovefll said:

Certainly, but it is advisable to use wallets with a private key and that have a seed phrase backup, since without it no one will have access to your account in the event that your pc is hacked by malicious programs, so just keep your seed phrase in one place other than your pc because one day you may have a hack attack and thus prevent them from accessing your cryptocurrency wallet @Yomose

You are completely right, but some people still do like to store their seed phrase on phones or computers, which is every wrong. Also, wallet users needs to always try their best to avoid hackers, hacking is through only one means, which are malware. Avoiding malware will really help also. 

Public key can be shared with the others. But there is also a private key which must not be shared with any one. Otherwise he will get access to your wallet.

When users are dealing with transferring money it is highly necessary that they have both public key as well as private key in their possession. public key can be used to facilitate any kind of transactions by sharing it with the other party involved. Whereas private keys are strictly maintained confidential to their own usage and cannot be shared among other parties. So be cautious while dealing with private key.

• +2 1

I advise beginners every time to learn the basics of dealing with digital currencies so that they do not fall into big problems and lose their money. Knowledge in this field is more important than making a profit because profit will come but if you do not have a firm knowledge of digital currencies, you will not be able to control it. Because a small mistake will cost you Lots

• +1 1

I think the means of public key is not the ideal because if is our unique key So it should not be a called public key . public key use to receive Bitcoin or others coin in our wallet and private address using to send coins someone wallet .I think that we should follow the instructions rules and regulations at the cryptotalk forum.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Public key and private key are both used to access a wallet address both in sending and receiving the crypto currency and their concept behind of the two key system is that, public key allows you to receive transactions as you can share it with a sender, while the private key allows you to send transactions which can be termed as a wallet password, so you are not needed to give your private keys to another person otherwise your wallet address will be hacked. 

Edited by leakydonney
Correction
  • +2 1

On 6/2/2020 at 4:13 AM, Yomose said:

On wallets, I do noticed they have public keys, and warned by the wallet that if the public key is revealed to anyone that all your transactions will be revealed to the person. And what are the other dangers of given public keys to another person?

Addresses are for receiving cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, each cryptocurrencies  have their own corresponding public keys and the key likely also generate the addresses, is this correct? 

@Yomose There is no problem in sharing your public key, the one that you must keep under summary secret is the private one because if someone seizes both your funds will disappear in minutes, likewise you must have a key in your wallets to make them more secure.
In simple words it is like that, the public key is your number of bank accounts that you give to someone to deposit you and the private key is your access key to your account that allows you to make withdrawals from it, if someone sends you coins to your wallet, a concatenation is made between your public key and the private key of that person to verify that the wallet from which he sends you the coins belongs to him, if he does not have it, he will never be able to send money from that wallet nor you receive it , then the two keys are essential in a transaction between wallets, the public of the recipient and the private of the sender. Greetings.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Yes, basically!  Of course ... the means of the public key are not ideal because if we have a unique key then it will not run as a universal key.  The use of public keys to accept Bitcoin or other currencies in our wallet and personal address sends someone's wallet.  In fact in the Cryptotalk forum we should follow the rules of the guidelines.

When you say key it is similar to the address. A public key is also a public address and this is the key you give to others to send you money but you never give to anyone the private key, very important to remember this detail because losing or giving your private key will mean you lost your money.

• +3 1
  • +5 1

20 hours ago, Ashuaeeb said:

I am new to this great platform and don't have much idea on this topic,but I have learned from this topic because you post something meaningful to the forum.

Nice one, you should have just messaged me about his and post something related to the topic, or you can still comment like this but posting something related in addition. I am saying this for you not to be banned or given warning point. 

On 11/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, Ummah97531 said:

Yes, basically!  Of course ... the means of the public key are not ideal

I do not seem to get your point, how is public key not ideal? You are very wrong. Public key generate the addresses. 

On 11/13/2020 at 5:45 PM, Dormilon said:

There is no problem in sharing your public key, the one that you must keep under summary secret is the private

Sharing your public key makes your privacy to be compromised, I mean master public key which can reveal all your transactions right from the beginning of when you have been using your wallet. Only addresses is advisable.to send to someone. 

• +2 1

Public Key can be shared with anyone or the general public; through Public Keys we can create addresses. While Private Key is something that cannot be shared with anyone just like it's name (Private). Public Key can be generated through the use of Private Key. 

On 6/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, Yomose said:

On wallets, I do noticed they have public keys, and warned by the wallet that if the public key is revealed to anyone that all your transactions will be revealed to the person. And what are the other dangers of given public keys to another person?

Addresses are for receiving cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, each cryptocurrencies  have their own corresponding public keys and the key likely also generate the addresses, is this correct? 

As far as I know public keys is the number that you'll receive during the transaction and the addresses is the code that you need to send your cryptos to another account. That's what I know and it is base on what I understand how the transaction works.

Yes, it is true, according to what I have read on other sites, that you should keep the private words only with you and do not provide them to anyone, even those who designed the wallet
If someone is able to obtain your key, they will be able to withdraw all the money that you have in your wallet

Our crypto-wallet has two keys, the public key, and the private key, the public key is the one who shows in public if ever you will have a transaction while the private key should be kept only to you, you should never tell it to anyone because once they know it they may use it for some purposes like stealing your funds or hacking your wallet. 

• +3 1

11 minutes ago, Raven said:

As far as I know public keys is the number that you'll receive during the transaction and the addresses is the code that you need to send your cryptos to another account. That's what I know and it is base on what I understand how the transaction works.

Let us us HD wallet as the standard. In a wallet is a random number generator, the RNG generation and entropy which later generate the mnemonic (seed phrase), then using one way function to generate the seed, the seed generate the master private key, master public key and master chain code. The master private key and master chain code generates private keys. The master public key and master chain code generates public keys, the public keys generate individual addresses which is used for transactions. You can use master bitcoin to know more about this, because I only briefed it. 

I think public key has less risk . It's address which you can send personally. Private key is really important as if we loose it there are high risks for security. Thank you for your content my friend it's really helpful and informative.

Well, as you already said - the main danger is getting access to all your money and to your wallet in general. Well, the rest follows from this, theft, fraudulent activities and so on.

I have no idea  However, I have asked everyone to keep the account in privacy.  Otherwise, sharing all of your account information is a risk to your account.  You should even share public keys on your site and airdrops as there can be a lot of fraud and scams that increase the risk of your wallet.  So be careful.

3 hours ago, andresarrieta said:

Despite having been in the forum for a long time, I still feel like a beginner, cryptocurrencies have a lot of content and are updated daily, in a nutshell this summary captures the main idea of what a public address and a private key are.

There is chance to learn more in here everyday. That's the primary purpose of being part of the forum initially. 

Might be you aren't much exposed to the best content on the platform; there are new things to know about and opportunities. You just need to follow some set of excellent members and learn and also share your own knowledge too.

• +3 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

The public key and private key are both important in your crypto wallet, the public key is written in a hash form on which it is a combination of letters and numbers and it is shown to other people if you will have the transactions. The private key should be kept in an important place and it should be secret.

I don't know much difference between public keys and adress, both have same use, we can use public key to transfer funds, or adress is also use to transfer currency, every coin has its own adress. 

Where privat keys are different, it should not be shared with anyone, otherwise someone assess our wallet and stole our currency. 

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

sharing all of the facts of the account is like risking your account. you should even barely proportion public keys to the web sites and airdrops due to the fact maximum of the can be fraud and scams which will increase the chance of your wallet.

• +3 1

Thanks for sharing this topic. As i understand is that address is the way to recieve your crypto assets and public keys are used to track your history of wallets. 

• +2 1
  • +4 1