Don't Provide Your Identity To Any Website! - Page 8 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Cammer

Don't Provide Your Identity To Any Website!

Why do not you present your identity to any site despite there is no harm in providing your identity and your data to the sites as the sites must make sure of your identity in order to be able to deal with you and follow you with your profits.

• +1 1

Yes, I usually don't like those sites that start out asking for KYC. When I see that they ask for them in the first place then I start to doubt their legitimacy, because that information can be used to do harm.

• +1 1

Yes, many sites, platforms, and airdrops require proof of identity, and most of the airprods are deceptive and steal your personal data, so do your research carefully before you participate in any platform and give your personal information to it.  I do not verify my identity for any new platform. I just give my personal data to trusted platforms and sites.

• +2 1

yea a lot of people end up trusting random website, giving your ID must be only to exchanges u actually trust, and actually if you can avoid websites asking for ID it would be even better.

• -1 1

That's right friend, currently there are a lot of airdrops and scam pages that are dedicated solely to stealing your identity and other information for different purposes (most likely it is for illegal purposes), so all beginners please investigate good to whom are they giving their identity

• +2 1

I agree, in some countries it's possible to get hold of your sim card if you have a scan of your passport, for example, and there's plenty of things you can do with access to the sim card. In my opinion, it's better to share your ID as little as possible.

• +1 1

It is the fundamental rule that we must respect. Giving the data to a stranger is the worst thing we can do since we are giving them access to our personal information and this is very delicate, this is for beginners, let's never break that rule as we can suffer from cyber hacking.

• +2 1

Yes. Thanks a lot.

This information must be on the first page of every forum.

You must think good before you give your data to somebody.

Be careful.

• +1 1

OK dude !! Thank you very much for your advice for this we are here to learn from the wise, and it is very true what you are sharing in this forum, specifically on this topic and it is that for airdrops they almost always ask us for identity verification (kyc), where we provide all the information that is requested, but in some cases it is pure scam, so you are right, you have to investigate more thoroughly the sites in which we register.

• +2 1

Hello my friend.. I know its Risk to give your identify   on others site.. But if you want join on legit crypto exchange site you need to give your identify... Its need to give ur real identity.. Thanks       

• +1 1

I have read many lies from these projects about their airdrops. They claim the law obliges them to perform KYC. This is a lie, there is no law doing that and they shouldn't do any airdrop asking for identities. They only want the private data to sell them. You don't have to do that and don't send any KYC to airdrops, bounties or even exchanges. Perhaps you think you can trust coinbase but you shouldn't. Because they are big exchanges this doesn't mean they won't sell or have the identity stolen.

• +3 1

On 25/5/2020 at 7:13, Cammer said:

Hola queridos amigos. 

Muchos sitios web, especialmente los sitios web de Airdrops, requieren KYC o verificación de identidad para obtener el bono gratuito, por ejemplo. 

Sin embargo, algunos de estos sitios pueden ser una estafa y podrían robar su identificación muy fácilmente.

Así que, por favor, investigue un poco antes de compartir su identificación.

The verification of KyC as far as Airdrops is concerned, is very complex, since for all those who want to enter it, they must accept the conditions established by the platform, and whether or not it is a scam, because nobody does. You know, only the creators of the token, but many put their faith in them and end up making extra money.

As well as many of you send your data and even give a small amount of money and end up scammed, as I said before, nobody knows, but it is something to have to accept, I personally always give my data, with fear, but in the end this life is risky.

• +3 1

I don't give my data to any site that is not reliable or secure, if they are new much less, it is important that you check with other trusted users and with more experience than you before giving your data on a site that can be scam.

• +2 1

It is very true, some time ago I provided my KYC to a page that became a scam, after that I was afraid to put my fata on any page, I don't know what they do with the data but I don't think it's a good thing to be careful

• +2 1

I fully agree with the author. Always check where you enter your personal data and to whom it is transmitted. You should not pass KYC on one-day exchanges, because they can transfer your data to interested parties. Trust only trusted resources that are widely known and have been functioning smoothly for a long time

• +3 1

I honestly always avoid giving my personal information and documents on pages where I do not know the origin, and more if they are Airdrops that leagues are seen to be fraudulent. You have to investigate. There are many ill-intentioned people on the internet who could do atrocious act just by possessing our identification.

• +3 1

I only gave my personal information to trustable websites and ı totally agree with you if they scam website they can stole and use your personal information. We all have to be carefull .

• +1 1

You just need to be more careful when registering on dubious sites, in any case, when passing KYC, you need to take a selfie with a passport and date and signature, so they will not work without you.

• +2 1

Doing KYC is something that you have to study a lot before doing it, of course there are sites to which I could send my data to do business in them, total, my data is everywhere once I opened my social networks and started to download photos and information in them, but I would not send my documents to airdrop sites that require it to give me a prize, because nobody rewards to obtain user identifications without having something obscure in their intention, nor is it to give identification to everyone, It is to do it in serious sites that need the KYC to be able to operate with more freedom.

• +2 1

Before, Airdrops did not require KYC (Know Your Custome), what happens is that people began to use multi-accounts, but it is also true that many creators of Airdrops are dedicated to selling our information, so we must be very careful before to give such information.

• +1 1

I don't have much confidence in the subject of kyc, since it is extremely delicate information, it is our identification documents, and if it happens like the platform that lost thousands of identification documents, it would be catastrophic on a security level, always check the pages where you do kyc and if you don't see it very secure, believe in your intuition and don't do it.

• +2 1

In the case of the Airdrops you have to be very selective, investigate and check that the site is reliable and safe before doing the KYC.

• -1 1

The most important word here is "some". Yes, not all sites abuse your personal information. Just be careful and learn basic principles of security.

• -1 1

This is a good topic to talk about because a lot of people get scammed easily. 

• -1 1