Don't Provide Your Identity To Any Website! - Page 9 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Cammer

Don't Provide Your Identity To Any Website!

I think it is the most basic thing that everyone should do before joining an airdrop or any page that requires our personal information. Many of them are true, and they serve to earn some extra coins, but it is true that others with scams and many people fell for them, especially the newest to the topics of cryptos and the most naive. I was one of them and at first I fell for a scam through telegram, that's why I like to warn new ones about the methods that scammers use to contact us and get money from us. If we help each other, we will be able to put those people out of business

• +3 1

Right, do not give your identity on any website, I only recommend it for legitimate pages that are quite popular, reliable, and only if it is really necessary

Edited by jona1
  • +1 1

5 hours ago, hassan7951 said:

Ha okay your advice will be applied, it's not easy in this area there are too many scams in Airdrops now.

the main point here is to protect your identity, airdrop scammers can take your documents and sell on the black market and then someone can use your identity to commit a crime and you would become guilty of a crime that you commented on

• +1 1

Good advice and we should not send anything not a phone number for verification either. Only a secondary email that we use only for these exchanges we will use.

• +1 1

On 5/25/2020 at 3:13 PM, Cammer said:

Hello dear friends. 

A lot of websites, especially Airdrops websites, require KYC or identity verification in order to get the free bonus for example. 

However, some of these sites might be scam and could steal your ID very easily!

So please, do some researches before sharing your ID.

I agree with you also i want to add something. Do not share your ID, just dont. You are using crypto the first important thing about crypto is being anonim before safe. The one ask for KYC, be sure they steal your personal info.

• +2 1

Never ever give your ID to any website even if they ask you to do it to get a bonus or free money which is always the bait to catch people on their trap. Your ID is a precious value you must protect at any cost. Remember, fraud is always around.

• +2 1

On 5/25/2020 at 6:13 AM, Cammer said:

Hello dear friends. 

A lot of websites, especially Airdrops websites, require KYC or identity verification in order to get the free bonus for example. 

For that reason, it is good to do a good research on the platform and find out if other people have a bad or scam experience with the platform that promotes the airdrop, there are very few true airdrops that do not seek to harm anyone by identity information

• +2 1

7 minutes ago, janypenapalacio said:

There are several ways to check the fraudulent accounts, they can check the IPs, the MACs of the computers and other elements that can guarantee unique accounts.

If you always have to be forewarned and there is never little to prevent those who are just starting out, cryptos have many advantages and as more and more people are getting involved, scammers are always on the lookout for those who have less experience and more financial needs. .

• +2 1

There is lots of website those who are showing a lots of fake advertisement to get rich early. And there is lots of website who are try to steal your information just to hack your money, there is lots of scammers. So everyone should be care to choose a site.

• +2 1

It is always recommended to investigate the web where they do a KYC since it is true, some only seek to steal identity, it is better to review the terms and conditions of the KYC, also check how serious the web is and see what is behind it

• +1 1

On 5/25/2020 at 5:13 PM, Cammer said:

You are right @Cammer almost 90 of hundred Airdrops are scam .If we provide them with our personal information then they will use it in stealing our money from our wallets or in other bad activities.So the best way to check the legitimacy of the Airdrop is to search for it's reviews on Google and in You tube.Also you can ask it from your family member or any friend who know about it.

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

You are going to give your identity without knowing about the work don't go ahead for work even if you do some research and enquiry before going that will much better and helpful to recognise things around you.

• +2 1

This is very important friends, let's take into account what is proposed here, airdrops have really become quite popular. In some cases they ask to do KYC, we must be very careful with this. Thank you friends for making this reflection.

• +2 1

Undoubtedly its true. We have to avoid those platforms come just new with lake popularity. Most of the attractive airdrops or giveaways are always made by illegal platforms or websites and those which need KYC verification should be abandoned. Before doing KYC verification we must have proper knowledge of that site we join in. We should research about that site is legit or scam. 

• +2 1

excellent advice and excellent chain of this topic for many who are starting in this forum, in fact an advice that I also give is not to use personal email for airdroops or similar things, if it is possible to create an email only for this type of thing then much more reliable

• +1 1

So please, don't share any your identity 

•  
  • +1 1

You always have to be careful whenever you are filling your personal details online because sometimes they dont have the right intentions. If someone had your personal data they can use it against your will and may be you will be in trouble.

• +2 1

Beside that be careful about how much information you disclose about yourself - many of these sites are open to anyone and disclosing personal information could have unwanted results, such as identity theft or cyberstalking.

• +2 1

Yes, you are right. Not all the websites are reliable when it comes to ask you personal informations. Maybe the KYC is necessary to find out some criminals. But on the other side nobody knows for what purpose it will be used.

• +1 1

To avoid ID leaks to scammers and the dark web, one can deny participating in such airdrops and bounties that require KYC. This will eliminate potentially unreliable and fraudulent projects and reduce the risk of becoming a victim of scammers. At the same time, it will significantly reduce the profits from free cryptocurrency, so it is a double-edged stick. Security is on one side, profit is on the other, and the baffling question is which one to prefer.

• +3 1

but what are the potential risks really?

for example, just a couple of days ago, to buy a token, I had to fill out a form with my personal data for verification (they didn't ask me for an identity document).

They asked me for data such as email, ether address, name surname address and mobile phone.

If the site turns out to be unsafe, what could happen to me?

Thank you

• +1 1

I agree that there are many scam website that requires KYC and they'll sell your data. I've seen the scheme that involves stealing passports and selling it in the black market. Beware of such things

• +1 1

It is hard to say do not give your identity to ANY webpage as there are many pages in which you can be confident which ask for a KYC verification. I would say take care with to whom you give your data

• +1 1

A really good advice for those who doesn't know what someone can do with your identity. They can sell it somewhere and documents can be used in any way, even including some illegal stuff

• +1 1