What was your first altcoin you have either mined or invested in? - Page 5 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

What was your first altcoin you have either mined or invested in?

I mined BTC in 2010, in those days I was learning how to handle console wallets with miners, I don't know where my 10G hard drive that my pc had got, I forgot about that, I don't want to remember, then because of destiny I left the pc and I dedicated myself to other things until 2016 when I started mining again, this time with BolivarCoin (BOLI) with my pc, it was to remove one every two days, with an X11 algorithm it was hard for the pc, I left it, that The project is still current and is on the right track, right now a specialized machine is needed for mining and it is not so profitable to do so, I also mined ZYN, always on PC because I don't have the resources to buy GPUs or special machines, at the moment I no longer mine because there are coins for PC, I only have airdrops and trade to try to win something, this world is fascinating, there are so many things to learn that it becomes infinite.

• +4 1

22 minutes ago, Dormilon said:

I mined BTC in 2010, in those days I was learning how to handle console wallets with miners, I don't know where my 10G hard drive that my pc had got, I forgot about that, I don't want to remember, then because of destiny I left the pc and I dedicated myself to other things until 2016 when I started mining again, this time with BolivarCoin (BOLI) with my pc, it was to remove one every two days, with an X11 algorithm it was hard for the pc, I left it, that The project is still current and is on the right track, right now a specialized machine is needed for mining and it is not so profitable to do so, I also mined ZYN, always on PC because I don't have the resources to buy GPUs or special machines, at the moment I no longer mine because there are coins for PC, I only have airdrops and trade to try to win something, this world is fascinating, there are so many things to learn that it becomes infinite.

2010? Well you were in early! And i feel you. I downloaded bitcoin wallet right after it came as well, i think i tried mining but i was completely lost with it and can't remember if i left it open to mine or not. I have totally lost that hard drive so i guess it doesn't matter.

I just thought that it would be too hard for me and it wouldn't be valuable anyway. After i heard about darkcoin, i interested again and tried to learn basics.

• +3 1

My first currency was there around 2015 and it was bitcoin, I managed to collect 15 dollars, then I left it for studies and since last year as at the end I returned to cryptocurrencies

My first altcoin in which I invested was Litecoin, I liked its network and its low operating costs as well as the speed of transactions. I still own LTC as a long-term investment 🙂

the altcoin in which I usually invest to save fees is dash, its commissions are very low which allows to save a lot, unlike ethereum, which has become a little expensive because of the gas issue

The buy of my altcoin was ETH and that coin give me profit so i started invested more and more. No mining just investement

16 hours ago, Ridam said:

Exactly @Dorjoy12  at the beginning I have faced a lot of problems as in my country Crypto content and people working in Crypto field is very difficult to find. Rarely some people knows and understands about it. Right now beginners are getting huge benefit and information from the forum and good topic here so they mustn't miss this opportunity.

@Ridam actually most country where crypto is not legal, there has no huge discussion like in Which country crypto is legal. Suppose you need a article of your own Country language because mostly time its hard         to understand those article that write by English..you can see that there has no article About the news by your country writer.. Thus most of the Country cant learn crypto goodly..            

• +3 1

32 minutes ago, Dorjoy12 said:

@Ridam Suppose you need a article of your own Country language because mostly time its hard         to understand those article that write by English..you can see that there has no article About the news by your country writer..           

Until now I haven't read a single article about Crypto currency in my country country correctly. There are 1-2 news articles for people getting arrested but they did mistake while writing the concepts of Crypto. They knows "Bitcoin is only Crypto currency and it's risky"😂.

However I'm little good at English so I give priority to English articles for getting Crypto content. But I feel bad for people of those countries where Crypto education is still a huge dream.

• +1 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

On 4/17/2020 at 8:30 AM, rekter said:

In other words, how was your introduction on altcoins? What was the one that got you started with and is the project still going?

If i wouldn't count my first short Darkcoin (now Dash) failed try, my first was Flappycoin, that project is obviously dead now and it was basically a joke to begin with based on Flappy Bird game.

I had no idea what i was doing, so i mined it and got some free airdrops from dev i think. When i tried to sell it on Cryptsy (former exit scam exchange) the price was under 1 satoshi and i had to wait until there was an LTC pair to trade it with. And funny enough, i actually managed to make some money with it.

the first one that miner was revecoin and with which eh works more is bitcoin cash

My first altcoin was Odysseus. I was an absolute newcomer to the world of cryptocurrencies, but in the end, through holding, I was able to make x2.5 from my bank. The first experience is pleasant enough, and not sad, as is usually the case with beginners.

55 minutes ago, Ridam said:

Until now I haven't read a single article about Crypto currency in my country country correctly. There are 1-2 news articles for people getting arrested but they did mistake while writing the concepts of Crypto. They knows "Bitcoin is only Crypto currency and it's risky"😂.

However I'm little good at English so I give priority to English articles for getting Crypto content. But I feel bad for people of those countries where Crypto education is still a huge dream.

@Ridam  its really your bad luck that your country people still unknown with crypto currency.. You know most development country accept crypto currency Which lead them become more strong on economic site by crypto.. So if the undeveloped country can understand the benefit of crypto currency then they can change their life much... Its bad to hear police arrested people Just for write a article while in my country has lot of article Though here crypto illegal..                           

• +2 1

On 17.04.2020 at 20:30, rekter said:

In other words, how was your introduction on altcoins? What was the one that got you started with and is the project still going?

If i wouldn't count my first short Darkcoin (now Dash) failed try, my first was Flappycoin, that project is obviously dead now and it was basically a joke to begin with based on Flappy Bird game.

I had no idea what i was doing, so i mined it and got some free airdrops from dev i think. When i tried to sell it on Cryptsy (former exit scam exchange) the price was under 1 satoshi and i had to wait until there was an LTC pair to trade it with. And funny enough, i actually managed to make some money with it.

The first coin I've invested in was NEM or XEM. It is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency and blockchain platform launched on March 31, 2015 written in Java. I still hold this coin and believe that it will skyrocket some day. Especially now when Symbol is going to be launched and capture the market!

15 hours ago, rekter said:

2010? Well you were in early! And i feel you. I downloaded bitcoin wallet right after it came as well, i think i tried mining but i was completely lost with it and can't remember if i left it open to mine or not. I have totally lost that hard drive so i guess it doesn't matter.

I just thought that it would be too hard for me and it wouldn't be valuable anyway. After i heard about darkcoin, i interested again and tried to learn basics.

yea i am on the same boat as you guys, i was mining bitcoin on by pc and back then you would be getting lots of satoshis by leaving your pc mining all night, but i stopped after a while and also didnt think it would be this big.

• +2 1

On 4/18/2020 at 3:02 AM, magd said:

I am getting alternative currencies from purchases on the Yobit platform as I buy Ethereum with Bitcoin It is a well-known and well-priced currency My project is still ongoing so far it is profitable

İ FOLD 

• -1 1

My first crypt was Ethereum, which beckoned at the height of the crypto currency and bitcoin for $ 1000 - an indescribable feeling and experience

For Altcoins the first time I owned was Ethereum, Monero and Litecoin. In the past, these three coins were very easy to get from mining and fauchet. However, at this time it is very difficult to see the price soar so much.

I started my investment in cryptocurrency on the ebit exchange and the coin was called Lisa. alas, but now it is already a dead project. but there are interesting analogs on the exchange.

My first experience with crypto were in the end of 2017, yes , the peak of coins 20k$.for btc and 1000$ for eth. That time I interested in trx and ripple coin, so i bought dome amount of these coins, but after hype ended I lost 80% of investments. So first experience was prettu bad.

Edited by kanemoru