The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 12 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

Kaybedilen Coin'leri geri kazanmak için 2013-14 fiyatına Bitcoin satın almak istiyorum.  Bitcoin satın almak mümkün Litecoin'den daha iyi olabilir mi?  Dogecoin?  Lütfen yardımınıza ihtiyacım var dostlarım.  Tek sahip olduğum sensin.

You know it makes no sense to want to buy bitcoin, litecoin, or almost anything with low prices in the past, right? Why would someone (possibly other than your relatives) sell you anything for a lower price when they could easily sell at the current high price?

Kaybedilen Coin'leri geri kazanmak için 2013-14 fiyatına Bitcoin satın almak istiyorum.  Bitcoin satın almak mümkün Litecoin'den daha iyi olabilir mi?  Dogecoin?  Lütfen yardımınıza ihtiyacım var dostlarım.  Tek sahip olduğum sensin.

On 1/26/2020 at 3:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

The difference between coin and token is, coins are cryptocurrency that have is own blockchain called main net and token are cryptocurrency that exist on blockchain that aren't their own they do not have a main net, Ethereum network et al. function a number of tokens.

The tokens are working on another platform, such as blockchain instead of working on their ethereum.

While the tokens are a swap, they have a higher performance than coin. the tokens give their owners the ability to participate in some activities.

this post has been useful for me, I was not clear what was the main difference between a token and a coin, although I have some time using crypto coins, you always learn something new, thanks to these many people will avoid making bad investments for lack of knowledge

The main distinction between tokens and coins is that tokens require another blockchain platform (not their own) in order to function. For example, Ethereum is the most common platform for creating tokens, mainly due to its smart contract function.

I also don't know the difference between Coins and Tokens .  But you have well explained in your topic.  You have posted such a useful topic .  Now ,  I have understood about coins and tokens.  Thanks for posting this topic . 

A coin is an alternative currency with an independent blockchain. This is the main difference found between both digital assets. This fact gives the coin greater independence and allows it to operate with different values, depending on the unit that has been defined for its blockchain, that is why ether (the ethereum currency) does not have the same value as dash or as bitcoin. A Token can be considered as a fluctuating unit of exchange. It is normal to see the movement in the value of cryptocurrencies, for example, in the case of bitcoin, it can have a value in the morning and another value at the end of the day. This is because the tokens vary and take on a different value depending on the market demand and the purchase and sale offers of that digital currency.

A coin is a Cryptocurrency which operates independently of any other platform. For eg. Bitcoin, Dash and Litecoin.Whiles a token is a cryptocurrency which requires another platform, such as Ethereum, to exist and operate.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:12 AM, Dorjoy12 said:

But now a days mostly token is fake..

Well, we can considered that there's a lot of scam projects today but not all tokens are fake, like this talk token, they used it as a payment method to advertise so that many people will be getting interested on it in terms of investing and trading.

You deserve a heart and I already given you I don't know where you members learn these knowledge that you share I really need these information but hope at the passage of time I will learn more and more and hope one day I will get a good leadership here..

The definition of a digital coin is an asset that is native to its own blockchain. Think about Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Ether. Each of these coins exists on their own blockchain.

similarly tokens are based on coin blockchain and their transaction occurs within them. Eg. BAT

hi everyone
To make it short and summarize very simply the differences between coins and tokens: A coin uses its own blockchain and is shabby. A token uses the blockchain of a corner and is not shabby.
have nice day🙂
Edited by mesmes

The difference between coin and token is coin have their own block but token don't have their own blockchain,they use other blockchain

Edited by Berrycrypto

The main difference between a coin and a token us the a coin already exists on its own stand alone blockchain while a token is mostly created on an existing blockchain and can be used for different number of things.

the diffrent bettween all the coins it price and how you get it bitcoin you mine it  litecoin you cant get it from website 1 withdraw every day the max amount to withdraw is 0.0001 in ay

On 26.01.2020 at 18:42, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thank you dude, your explanation was really useful for me, now i know more about it 🙂

• -2 1

The author told everything correctly in this thread. I knew it. A coin is the same token but has its own blockchain. A token is a coin that uses someone else's blockchain because they don't have their own blockchain. The most popular coins are Bitcoin and Ethereum, they have the best blockchains.

el autor da una buena explicaion de moneda y fichas mi pregunta es esta monedas que saca yobit.net como la podemos ubicar en monedas o fichas

• -2 1

This post should be a must read for anyone who is new to this world. It is an excellent summary, which in simple words, explains the differences between coin and a token. Good job 

thank you very much for giving us the difference between a coin and a token, many times we get confused with those terms, but here we are to learn more every day in this excellent forum

very good your information in a few words you gave a very good explanation now i learned the difference between cryptocurrency and a token that data i honestly did not know ee basically what differentiates the token is that it runs through eth's technology if i am not wrong and cryptocurrencies run on the blockchain

coin in the field of cryptocurrencies refers to digital coins or cryptocurrencies that have their own blockchain for the case when we have bitcoin, litecoin, Doge coin, wavy, and many others.

I think that the coin has own bolckchain sistem , 

But the token has no bolckchain sistem so it's dependen to another coins Blockchain like Ethereum and Tron 

My mate coin is developed by their own chain system. It is independent.  And every token was made by their own team but it based any other crypto chain. There are many crypto chain like erc-20, Trc-20, Bep-20 for a lot of crypto token based on other crypto coin.

I agree with you.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

First what is a coin?

What is a token?