The difference between a coin and a token. - Page 24 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between a coin and a token.

Thanks friend for giving good difference between the coin and token. Coin contains  blockchain it is because it is used as the digital cryptocurrency. The token are not prasent in blockchain. Because it is not cryptocurrency. Because  it is used as comparative of cryptocurrency. 

On 1/26/2020 at 2:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

Thanks so much for this, this is so clear and I con now boast of saying I know the difference between a client and a token. Thanks

I also don't know about the difference between the token and the coin because I think that coin is a name of a currency like Bitcoin and token is also a name of currency like talk token because we are getting our payment in these I never search about it thank you dear for giving this information.

Dear thank you so much for this information. As a beginner I thought coins and tokens are the same thing and I was really confused. People like you on crypto are really helping the newbies. 

Token is that a coin has its own block chain, while a token doesn't. Another thing to note is that coins usually are used for 1 thing (Payments), while tokens have various use cases, which can include payments but also other thing's.

Welcome, my friend, and thank you for this useful post full of important information and for me I am new here and I have no information at all about digital currencies or the symbols that I spoke about Thank you very much for increasing my experience in it

There is a very simple difference in both coin and token. The difference is that coin is itself a currency and token is a form of currency. I hope you got it my dear mate. Both exist in cryptocurrency.

On 26/01/2020 at 4:42 PM, Mandoy01 said:

Hi guys, this topic is made for the newbie. I remembered before I was also confused about token and coin. So I will explain it in the most simplest form I can think of. Though there are many things that can be used to differentiate but I will use the most crucial difference between them.

First what is a coin?

A coin in the cryptocurrency sphere refers to the digital coins or cryptocurrency that has its own blockchain for example we have bitcoin, litecoin, doge coin, ripple and many more.

What is a token?

A token is a form of cryptocurrency which does not have its own blockchain. It uses existing blockchain as its platform for example we have ERC-20 tokens that uses Ethereum Platform such as EXMR, BTCRED and many more. Aside from Ethereum Platform other tokens uses Waves Dex, and NEO whose tokens are called NEP-5 tokens.

So in short there are two kinds of cryptocurrency the coin and token. Coin are digital coins with its own blockchain while tokens uses existing blockchain platform to function.

@Mandoy01Hello my friend, thank you for your published information, but I want to ask about the issue of blockchain, since I searched for it on the web and did not find anything that I could understand about this matter. Is it a protection system for cryptocurrencies, or is it a method for transferring information or transferring cryptocurrencies between one person and another ??  Respond to my comment as I want to learn

I am understand from this that coins are perhaps better from token because they have their blockchain and tokens are not but use the coins blockchain so from this I am think that coins must be priced better than tokens and I will look for coins for investments.

I am a new user in the field of crypto currency. First of all,we welcome you in the field of crypto currency. I think coin is simple currency and token is best currency for everyone. Other side coin is crypto currency and token is best function of crypto currency. Thanks my dear friend.

Yes this is right but there are two types of crypto currency the token also taken place in the crypto currency but it take time to come from token to coins so there is only one type of crypto currency 

That was actually very useful! I didn't know about this, and I never imagined that the difference between the two terms is actually related to their infrastructure.

Thanks 🙂 

I think coins are coins that can be used to buy and sell things. You can buy tokens with any currency but not vice versa. Crypto tokens are special types of virtual currency tokens that have their own blockchain and represent an asset or utility.

Thank you for this topic. As a new member i was not aware about token and coin. I used to think them only as two different earning ways. I knew that we will get talk token for informative post and bitcoin is main income .

This is a very good explanation. Many people consider all crypto to be coins. Knowing that coins like USDT is a token makes those that want to create an ERC20 token more confident that their tokens are safe. Although they also need to put in more effort.

Thank you for this topic, it is important to know the difference between a coin and a symbol, and it seems that every coin that exists today was once a unique symbol.

Friend, this topic that you have done is very good because thanks to you now I know the difference between one and the other and surely there must be more people like me that this topic will help a lot.

• Useful or interesting 1

Well I didn't get this information to the fullest but got some idea of token and coin. Thank you for sharing this useful yet hidden information. It's now upto me to take advantage of this information and I'll try my best to get my mind clear about the difference between token and coin by researching on my own. Thank you for bringing the knowledge on out table.

We thank you, dear friend, for the efforts made to do this useful post and it is important to be aware that there are many new members who are ignorant of the coding world and its subtleties, and they must be taken care of.

• +1 1

Thanks for your informative post. I didn't know about this before. I thought these two are same. But, now I discovered this. We should create contents like you. I will also try to create informative posts. Stay beside me seniors and my mates. Wishing success to all the members.

• +1 1

Thanks for sharing this useful article,seriously I don't know the difference between a talk and a coin before but thanks to you I had known their differences now,and I'm sure other newbies will also find this contents useful

• +3 1

tokens are usually is received on bounties or airdrops and both has its own wallet , a normal wallet we use to keep our crypto currency doesnt work in that of token..

Thank you my friend for this important information .i

Hope every one to use it in the currency world .

Now i understood the deference between the coin and the token