What is the fate of Scammers if bitcoin later becomes a traceable Currency - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wijont

What is the fate of Scammers if bitcoin later becomes a traceable Currency

Bitcoin as a decentralized currency, they are not Headquarters for Bitcoin and do not have a central office where they distribute information about Bitcoin, such as illegal transactions that lose money but recover after several investigations through distributed information.

as someone said in my previous thread that more people will feel comfortable using bitcoin if these features are implemented.

Share your thoughts.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

You are right, if these things are made clear to the public, the use of Bitcoin will increase further, I think if a report like this is made with Bitcoin, and everyone can easily know about the management of Bitcoin, then Bitcoin will use a lot.

46 minutes ago, wijont said:

Bitcoin as a decentralized currency, they are not Headquarters for Bitcoin and do not have a central office where they distribute information about Bitcoin, such as illegal transactions that lose money but recover after several investigations through distributed information.

as someone said in my previous thread that more people will feel comfortable using bitcoin if these features are implemented.

Share your thoughts.

I don't think it's good for Bitcoin, crypto currencies specifically to be implemented. Firstly who would be the one that should implement it? Also if it would be the government, then they would obviously put taxes in our transactions. This is the beauty of crypto and they shouldn't ruin it.

• +2 1

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

Although the perpetrator sends an anonymous email, it can still be traced from the IP address used so that the perpetrator can be caught the problem is not because the system on Bitcoin scammers is the habit of someone who likes to cheat.Thieves are always looking for ways to steal ( its habits not system ) 

• +1 1

12 hours ago, thesibre said:

"if bitcoin later becomes a traceable Currency"

Well, bitcoin is already traceable. In fact, you can look at the transactions being made right now through block explorer sites like Blockchain.com [1]. Hence why you mostly see funds stolen by hackers being stationary, as they definitely don't want to be sending the funds on exchanges as this would most definitely expose who they are.

What most people think of traceable in their way of "improving" bitcoin is the never to be done with idea of whitelist addresses or stuff like that.
So that every address would be linked to a known person and when you make a transaction 12gm1SGr4WVdso2pukhT3fykcrVW3mYA8P you can check that the address is listed as being a verified address on binance or coinbase.

And God helps us if any of those "marvelous" ideas gain some traction.

The most advertised part of Bitcoin is the "anonymity". This word is currently thrown with Bitcoin as if it's really anonymous, well it's not. It's just like what others have said and the correct term for that is pseudo-anonymous which means that there are still connections towards a username or something to that sense.

There are tools already being used to check if there are illegal activity in the Bitcoin Blockchain like Crystal 

13 hours ago, thesibre said:

Well, bitcoin is already traceable. In fact, you can look at the transactions being made right now through block explorer sites like Blockchain.com [1]. Hence why you mostly see funds stolen by hackers being stationary, as they definitely don't want to be sending the funds on exchanges as this would most definitely expose who they are.

hahahahah

You are being naive...

Try to find someones world residence by looking at his virtual addresses...

That's the thing why if bitcoin becomes a traceable currency it will be good against scammers.
Currently it's anonymous, you can not trace who the real world user is, what's that person name, address, phone and so on.

Hackers get your funds if you provide such access to those private key addresses.

No I think bitcoin is not protected from traceability. Even as of today one can traceback transaction to specific entity but it is time and resource consuming also by the time it get traced the individual would have probably tried to do something to mitigate risks involved. But point being untill unless person is not crossing too many lines and hopes, there is very less risk anything will happen at all.

Bitcoin is traceable because all transactions are recorded. Every bitcoin can be accounted for. The problem lies in it being decentralized so there is no governing body who has complete control over bitcoin that you can approach to retrieve what was stolen from you. You will need to hire an investigative firm to track your bitcoin and retrieve it for you. That is the drawback of crypto currency.

Epic Wuz HiR🤤🤤🥵

35 minutes ago, thesibre said:

What? We're talking about the traceability of the money here.

1. Bitcoin is ALREADY traceable, and it's definitely not anonymous. It's just pseudonymous, because like you said, you can not affiliate a wallet address to a certain person, well, unless that person sends the funds to an exchange or centralized service. But again, the blockchain is fully public and transparent.

2. Well, duh.

You can check my thread topic again, thanks for the knowledge.

I don't it would actually be a good idea to make bitcoin a traceable currency. We are all aiming to be anonymous here so that we can make private transactions since the value of our holdings is very high. I think we should aid scammers through other means like making a system that tracks down scammers and accepts complain from investors. It may seem too hard to achieve but that would definitely be a great help for all of us since scammers are consuming much of our money and our time and they need to be caught and punished.

it was kinda traceable since every transaction was recorded in the blockchain or in the etheirscan.io, but it is impossible to trace the sender of the transaction as a decentralized currency if bitcoin was by a hacker and send the funds to his account there is no way you could get information to his identify you are only going to know the address and trace the transaction of the hacker, also no way to get your money back if it was hack.

I think the credit will be good, the crooks will no longer be able to act, knowing exactly who it is will be a kind of crime and can alert the police, if he's in your country, it's like a type of "cyber criminal". I generally like this

Bitcoin transactions are fully transparent and public, anyone can see all transactions from one wallet to another, it's just that we do not know who the owner of the wallet is, and now to overcome this problem, KYC is implemented

• +3 1

The scammers will not disappear even then. Many people are gullible and the scammers take advantage of that. Take technical support scams for example, they exploit the victim's lack of knowledge of computers to trick them into paying money.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

Traceable doesn't mean that transactions are personalsed. Currently transactions can be traced already but many accounts are anonymous. That's the actual problem. If it's not possible to hold BTC without KYC there's still the same situation as bank account frau in banking. They can make the transactions "dissapear" by creating very long trales that take too long to trace.

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

Scammers will have more than 1000 ways to scam people either with fiat or crypto like what you all said. Maybe it is right, better to save ourself and make us understand how they are work so we can avoid it. I think it is better to do first and then we can try to make people know how scammer works so they are not trapped.

Figuratively it is traceable, by which the addresses can be expose happen to be connected to each other but things like that could be negative or positive action. Like me, I've created many account on coinbase already because of lost emails, cellphone number and passwords which is more likely to trace by wallet explorer. I think what the OP really meant is, is there really a way to name these hackers? or trace accounts to whom it belongs.

I don't like Bitcoin losing its features. I prefer it because it provides the opportunity to make fast, safe and low-cost payments from peer to peer without the need for a bank or central processor.

If this is done, I believe that the attempters will find a way to hide their effect other than using the mixing feature, then everything will develop, even fraud methods.

Nobody knows, perhaps in the future, he may have a private company, but in my opinion he has a good future and will benefit a lot of the world in the future

On 1/20/2020 at 6:10 PM, thesibre said:

But how we can track bitcoin?? I mean even when we look at the transactions we can see only the date and the time, and the transactions hash, but where the coins went exactly, I think no one has the exact answer, don't think that?? 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, wijont said:

Share your thoughts.

Right if bitcoin is recoverable then it is legit to work with it. I red somewhere that bitcoin is traceable. With having this feature btc could not be used for illegal activities and all governments would support it.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:10 PM, thesibre said:

How can you said that bitcoin is traceable because of we know that we can know from transactions only date,time and hash by this no one can track the person.