A ledger owner lost over 1 million Ripple (XRP) to a scam site - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BrolySSJ

A ledger owner lost over 1 million Ripple (XRP) to a scam site

Not to be insulting the XRP owners but they have been very far from informing themselves about anything that is happening in the crypto world. Perhaps this is why they invest in XRP, ignorance.

This fraud peoples are a major drawback every time. Its not only with crypto. Its with fiat also. The generation is of online and the fraud are very talented. Just think if this talent is used in a positive way. It will bring some more technologies which will take time to develop.

The cryptocurrency adventure is not easy as we imagine it from the outside, we have to be very careful about anything around cryptocurrency. And we should be attentive about a such suspect offers and shouldn't be ignorant about our cryptocurrency wallets security.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

You are very right, this kind of experiences of other unfortunate people can be of help for ourselves in order to not fall in these scams. I guess this type of scam could not only happen with ripple, but with cryptos in general. Scams are a really common think in this cryptocurrency world and it's sad to see this kind of news about people losing big sums of money.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, BrolySSJ said:

What happened in this scam is that the users were sent a fake email with a link that looked identical to the original ledger website, however used a homoglyph.

I have had the same emails, I don't own ledger but this is clearly a scam website that these emails put in the links and they make it so to look exactly the same. A small changed character to a homoglyph will make it possible for the scammers to lure the victim in their website and steal passwords and crypto.