Depression and trading - Page 11 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Simon

Depression and trading

That's right, patience is essential in this world of cryptocurrencies, especially if you hold, since a crypto asset can be worth a lot at a time, and then lose its value quickly. You have to be very patient and wait to reach the ideal target to make a profit, and bear the losses.

Oh, I was in such a terrible situation. As a newbie I tried to trade with cross leverage x50 without stop loss. It was the fastest way to lose money in my life. I was completely devastated. I didn't want to eat,speak and felt lost in life. But that was a good lesson. Bad trades will be, that is a part of trading in general. But you must apply risk and money management to avoid huge losses which will lead you to depression and disappointments.

• +5 1

Depression is a severe downturn in your mood, especially one that causes you to feel inadequate and lose interest in things you used to like. The ups and downs of the market can make traders particularly vulnerable to depression. At best, depression can make it hard for a trader to face the market. At worst, it can lead to alcoholism, alienation, and even suicide.

• +5 1

The same thing happened to me, it was the worst day, but this gives you experience and most importantly, do not make the same mistake twice and you must always be smart

Trading depression can hit you in unexpected ways.If you’ve been trading for any length of time, you’ve probably built up a certain level of resistance to the daily swings in emotion you experience. You accept that some days are good and some days are bad.

You are right friend, the worst enemy is the FOMO, I think many of us have experienced it and lost some money. I tell you a similar situation due to my inexperience and it is a year ago I bought ETH around $ 350 and then the crash happened and I was trapped with the coins. That led me to quit trading for several months but I held the position until it rose to that price again this year and sold. It was honestly a stroke of luck to get my money back, something like this almost never happens.

• Useful or interesting 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

My opinion, You will only suffer a loss if you sell below what you paid. So hold until the price regains.

Trading is tough on the head at times, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. It's hard to make money, but very easy to lose it, if bad decisions are made in haste, keep positive and good. 

😉😉😉😉 😉 

• +3 1

I have little investment in the cryptocurrency field and the price is keep on dropping and I am worried about the future of my investment although the amount is too small but the fear is too big.

Doing trade you should to be apt to control your distress or you will suffer at any moment, this is the cryptocurrency market is incredibly young just 11 years old, but with a high volume and these markets is highly volatile and open to manipulation.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

16 hours ago, tienda said:

Doing trade you should to be apt to control your distress or you will suffer at any moment, this is the cryptocurrency market is incredibly young just 11 years old, but with a high volume and these markets is highly volatile and open to manipulation.

True trading with stress or depression can cost as dearly because we will not make reasonable decisions and this happens when we get into an investment or trade where our expectations are not mate due to wrong analysis or market manipulations and we begin losing,while what to do here is never to risk more than 10% of our portfolio if it's at Forex market that's what most experts advice and in crypto market it's about holding but we need to make sure the coin we are holding has the potential to recover again if we encounter some loss depending on our entry price and if we are not sure it's better to cut loss early.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

it always gets a bit depressed when you lose so much .. but .. what difference does it make? it's money .. more will come .. if you didn't sell your cryptocurrencies what is the drama? continue to maintain them, tomorrow they can go back up like in 2017 and even more ... look for other alternatives to earn money and don't just blind yourself in one or two ...

I lost more than 2000 dollars because of my storing of currencies, I thought it was the future, but what should I do? We must continue and not sell for a loss. I have been waiting for more than two years for the market to return to normal in order to recover some of the loss that I incurred. The most important thing is to benefit from the mistakes so that they do not happen Again, you must be careful and never give up in order to achieve the goal, be careful now.

I am trying to get out of the psychological zone after losing trades. If somehow I pass, you and I will become experts in psychoanalysis. hihi

i have some case like you, i buyed MATIC and other coins, now i'm lost more 60% from my capital, i decide to hold all those coin for long time and buying more USDT for trading.

Depression is real because only the person that lost money will know how painful it is but once you understand that in this trading everything is risky ones need to learn his or her mistakes though 

Managing digital forms of money actually needs to have offset with your emotions.

Your attitude and psychological wellness should be set first to acknowledge whatever will occur during your exchanging and tolerance is a must,coz in the event that you cannot deal with your feelings, chances are,

you will lose.Increase and diminish in cost are typical in crypto world,thats why we need to figure out how to hodl a coin until you get great benefits. 

In the event that downturn happens you should stop and enjoy a reprieve first. Watching the market each seconds, moment or hour wont help you pick up benefits, it will cause you to feel awful more.

thanks for your post....

In my opinion, often experiencing depression in trading is a natural thing, because we are always pressured to get profit on every trade. The solution is to buy good coins to trade, you can trade Ethereum or Bitcoin. Don't trade coins that are not well-known as they will cost you your money.

I appreciate, it is very important sharing information in this forum because I don't know about it but I need learn to about because my helping senior my friend in this topic and then after I comment in this forum,good luck.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, Simon said:

Have you been in a situation where your Holding Alts , you lost 75% of your portfolio and now your in a position where your value is no going anywhere. 

Its where I am , in the past I was quick to FOMO hard and it cost me , not only did I tremble my balance in one coin , I rode it all the way down to half the value I bought it at. I’ve had some painful lessons but for the past 2 months I’ve hardly lost anything, I have just traded and held the same coins REN, Matic and Fantom. 

The series of losses have caused me a lot of pain and have left me in a spiralling in a world of depression and the longer I wait the more depressed I get. So what can I do???? GROW UP!! Patience will pay off.  In my next post I shall be leaving some tips I’ve learned that helped me stop making mistakes. 

When you have already having depression of loosing your money, you just have to leave the market and take a rest to reduce stress, then come back to the market again after been comfortable again. 

• +2 1

In my opinion often experiancing depression in trading is a natural thing because we are all get pressured on every trade u need to be patients dont trade coins that are not well.known as they will cost your money good luck

• +1 1

If you are trading than Your mindset and mental health must be set first to accept whatever will happen during your trading and patience is a must,coz if you cant handle your emotions,chances are,you will lose