Depression and trading - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Simon

Depression and trading

Have you been in a situation where your Holding Alts , you lost 75% of your portfolio and now your in a position where your value is no going anywhere. 

Its where I am , in the past I was quick to FOMO hard and it cost me , not only did I tremble my balance in one coin , I rode it all the way down to half the value I bought it at. I’ve had some painful lessons but for the past 2 months I’ve hardly lost anything, I have just traded and held the same coins REN, Matic and Fantom. 

The series of losses have caused me a lot of pain and have left me in a spiralling in a world of depression and the longer I wait the more depressed I get. So what can I do???? GROW UP!! Patience will pay off.  In my next post I shall be leaving some tips I’ve learned that helped me stop making mistakes. 

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 2
  • +2 7
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

I’ve lost loads , mostly to imaturity and inexperience but , Rome wasn’t built in a day and expected pumps can take days even weeks I’ve found. I’ve been sitting in ren all week and it’s starting to move so fingers crossed , first win of the month coming. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Those who did not sell in 2017 are the one whose depress now.

80-95% of the price down happened to crypto market since January 2018.

I still wanna see the bright market soon,  and trading will be much more beautiful.

10 hours ago, Simon said:

Have you been in a situation where your Holding Alts , you lost 75% of your portfolio and now your in a position where your value is no going anywhere. 

Its where I am , in the past I was quick to FOMO hard and it cost me , not only did I tremble my balance in one coin , I rode it all the way down to half the value I bought it at. I’ve had some painful lessons but for the past 2 months I’ve hardly lost anything, I have just traded and held the same coins REN, Matic and Fantom. 

The series of losses have caused me a lot of pain and have left me in a spiralling in a world of depression and the longer I wait the more depressed I get. So what can I do???? GROW UP!! Patience will pay off.  In my next post I shall be leaving some tips I’ve learned that helped me stop making mistakes. 

Believe it or not, losses are not only essential to your health, but they are also vital to your long-term success as a trader. You see, losing trades are an inseparable part of winning trades that look like balls and balls .

10 hours ago, Simon said:

Dealing with depression is the only possible outcome if you feel joy or happiness in a successful transaction. Don't be satisfied, no matter how good you feel! And apply this idea every time you die ... don't feel guilty no matter what you think!

I'm having this situation right now but I'm glad that I start my buys recently as I never panic buy. I knew that q3 of 2019 will bring lower prices for altcoins but if you bought in 2018 this is painful right now for sure to see your portofolio down so much :(.

I have to say the worst thing is repeating the same mistakes , one tip I found that helps is be ruthless when taking profits , very often a coin will fluctuate and it will dip and raise below sold value I’d rather take a little % than have to deal with a big fat red candle. BTC ain’t kind to Alts not recently anyways. 

I can’t lie I’ve been a nightmare to live with and my partner has had to put up with my obsessive behaviour waking up checking my phone , been disappointed first thing in the morning can make you quite a miserable person. Always good to have other projects going on outside of crypto. Growing plants , reading , your partner 😄 .

• +1 1

I do have several other hobbies , but I don’t take a loss easy , there have been massive improvements over the last month or two and my losses I actually recouped within a week so , it’s beeen steady my trading strategy is different. I I buy a coin instead of one buy at market I’ll make several purchases of the coin at different prices throughout the day , I find it to be way more effective , also looking for were the dip is heading, I spend hrs looking at charts, I think my depression has moved to boardom, on a positive side we’re earnig here and so far so dam Good , Peace love and crypto yall! 

• +3 1

Time and patience will see you right in the end. You will only suffer a loss if you sell below what you paid. So hold until the price regains.

Trading is tough on the head at times, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. It's hard to make money, but very easy to lose it, if bad decisions are made in haste.

Keep positive and good things will come.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Hey!Do you have more info about fund performance?As I correctly understood, you have an algorithm which allowed you outperform even BTC.So, if I purchase your IX15 token it will get me better results than buying just some random coins or BTC and at the same time will minimize risks?Could you please, also explain if I buy for 1 USD, then after the sale is over, I can sell it for 1.1 USD using your smart contract on ETH blockchain?Because this is what I see on Exmarkets

4 minutes ago, Iwantapony said:

This cryptocurrency is a platform where some people gain a huge amount and some of these lost a huge also, 

so it's not a comfortable platform for trading and investment yet, I think regulation would bring back the glory

what it's lost in the last couple of months. it's time for establishing and maintaining of a proper regulation and

strict policies.

it bugs me that so many shit coins that really shouldn’t exist are stealing liquidity from decent projects.

i can also see regulation to some degree been massively benefical to a lot of projects. I mean how many BTCs do we need BTCcore cash BTC2 Sv and same with the Alts. 

I think a lot of this forking harms the market and something should be done about that but open source what can you do 

• +3 3

In my opinion, if you feel very bad it’s better not to make any decisions about money at all.
Better to find some other activity for a while.
And when you begin to feel normal, then come back to trade.

• +1 1

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

worst things can happen when we let our emotion affect our decisions in trading, and most of the times it's because we invest something that we cant afford to loss 

;/ I know it is so bad thing but you should wait for good times.A lot of people made this much losses.So everybody waits for it so you should wait too

• -2 1

I used to FOMO alot especially during the 2017 bull run. I FOMOed in on ETH and bought at high peak. I sold off at 15% lose

• +2 1

5 hours ago, AdoCandy said:

I used to FOMO alot especially during the 2017 bull run. I FOMOed in on ETH and bought at high peak. I sold off at 15% lose

you actually didn't lose that much fortunately, If you held it until today you would have lost much more money then

Trade and emotions do not go hand in hand because for trade you must make precise decisions based on knowledge and with fundamentals and emotions cloud our minds and lead us to hunches or wrong goals, make your accounts when retaining coins you must define a percentage of profits and when you reach it, it sells and expects a reversal of the currency and returns to buy, do not cling to expectations of doubling and tripling because there is no guarantee that this will happen and if you get lost remember remember learning by not repeating those mistakes and keep going the profits will come later.

• +5 1

I think we've all experienced this. Altcoin has dropped a lot, many of them reaching their bottom. I didn't sell them. I prefer to think that they will return to good prices.

• +2 1

From mistakes we can learn many things so as not to repeat the same mistakes. the best teacher is to learn from mistakes. I think you should still have determination in any case.

• +3 1

On 10/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, Simon said:

thats why i have my own rules in crypto, no matter how good the coin is i wont let it cost me more than 5% loss because i dont hold any coin i just trade and always have my stop loss ready to protect my assets.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, Simon said:

Becareful when you want to invest and do mining at bitcoins. When there are bull runs well the best way is to have patience that market will rise soon :))))

I have experienced this when market conditions got worse in 2018 and it was very painful, but I didn't continue to be in a bad situation and had to get up. With patience and perseverance, I have come out of the problem of depression in trading

On 10/6/2019 at 1:34 AM, cryptokram said:

Those who did not sell in 2017 are the one whose depress now.

80-95% of the price down happened to crypto market since January 2018.

I still wanna see the bright market soon,  and trading will be much more beautiful.

It's true because the value of Bitcoins today is lower than last 2017, Because the highest value of Bitcoin is December 2017, But in the start of 2018 bitcoin goes down. We still believe that the Bitcoins will increase again in a few months.

Yes, it happened to me more than once. I had bought a large amount of Token MEME and its price was good and then it happened to start falling and continued to land until I lost almost everything. I was very shocked, but after a while I regained consciousness and said I have to follow up and continue and this was a paid and not free lesson. One has to learn from his mistakes.

Sorry for the loss, patience is still the key it will help you to succeed in which you will not lose do much, but sometimes you will lose a lot in that process