4 Types of Bitcoin Wallet you need to know - Page 8 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

4 Types of Bitcoin Wallet you need to know

interesting and useful article.  I think everyone will find something that they did not know.  For example, I did not even know what such a division and such types are.  everything is written short and clear.  thanks to the author for the information.

Excellent information my friend, at the moment I only use mobile phone wallets, they are safe, easy to use and also free, such as Trust wallet, Tronlink pro, Edge and others, I also use browser wallets such as Metamask.

There are many types of wallets, and it is not a requirement for me to pay money, such as TRON, My Ether, Trust and Elite

On 10/28/2019 at 10:22 AM, xBDT Script said:

We often talk much about which wallet to use, which one is convenient to use, which one is secure, etc. I am going to share 4 types of bitcoin wallet and their features shortly.

1. Web Wallet
This is very well known to use- Coinbase, blockchain.com etc. Web wallets are very risky to use. They can be hacked any time.

2. Software Wallet
Software wallets are like bitcoin core, Electrum, Mycelium etc. These are also connected online but not web wallet. These wallets have benefits of holding seed key or private keys, These are better for daily using of BTC. Not much better for long term though.

3. Hardware Wallet
Hardware wallets are cold storage where you can hold the private key safely. This is very much recommended for long term holding of bitcoins. Example like- Ledger Nano, Keepkey etc.

4. Paper Wallet
Paper wallets are very cheapest methods for having the been fits of cold storage. It's holding the private key in a paper. This is very easier method of storing bitcoin.

Please share you thoughts.

Thank you, friend for your valuable contribution, explaining the four types of Bitcoins Wallet, I will take it into consideration to be raising capital in the world of cryptocurrencies

I use direct internet wallets and hardware wallets at the moment, I keep some coins on internet wallets, but the bulk of my coins are present in my hardware wallets, in fact, it is really calmer for me. you will be able to arrest wallets with you, for example, that if they are lost, it is your fault.

Thanks again for the information shared through this post, as far as I am concerned within those categories, I highlight a specific one, the nano ledger, for your security and confidence when depositing and saving my funds in it.

Each of these wallets has its drawbacks, however I prefer to keep keys on paper / in a file with a password. This is the best that can be)

Important information for beginners. All wallet types can be used, but if you have a budget, go for a hardware wallets like ledgar.

Very interesting this topic, I was impressed because I did not know about these issues in particular referring to the wallet and which type would be more secure, for my part I will continue to investigate this, I have very good opinions about web wallets, but according to the arguments that you have presented although short I think they make sense, and as for the other topic, it is true that not everyone has the luxury of saying that $ 30 or $ 50 is little money, although it seems incredible to many people that is too much money, especially in the country where you are residing, I mean more than anything to some countries in Latin America.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, I-KUN said:

I believe hardware wallet is the safest wallet. It isn't too expensives. I spent my $100 for buying it. But i didn't regret it. I better lost my $100 for buying something useful for my money than losing all of money that i store in untrustworthy wallet.

And what if you lose your hardware wallet. Is there a way to get you funds back? I think there's always a risk.

What great information you just gave us about the 4 wallets, my friend, in my case it serves me a lot you can't imagine, with this I solve a lot of doubts.

İs the hardware wallet safe? For me I can barely put my money in any hardware wallet because of theft. My coin is feels safer in my mobile wallet because once all done with any transaction on my wallet I simply log out of the wallet, and all my phrase are stored in my head so no one can access it.

I think that each of these wallets is good in its own way and each has some drawback, but I personally choose web wallet.

Types Of Wallet Name Of Wallet
Hardware Wallets........................................... Ledger,NanoX, Cobo, 
Desktop Wallets................................................ Atomic, Exodus, Bitcoin Core, Electrum Jaxx's Chrome Extension
Mobile Wallets.................................................... Samourai wallet, Atomic, Coinomi, Electrum, Enjin, trust wallet
Web Wallets........................................................ MyEtherWallet, MetaMask
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

actualmente trabajo con aplicaciones de wallet que me han resultado algo seguro muy buena la exposicion de los tipos de billeteras 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:22 PM, xBDT Script said:

We often talk much about which wallet to use, which one is convenient to use, which one is secure, etc. I am going to share 4 types of bitcoin wallet and their features shortly.

Software wallets are like bitcoin core, Electrum, Mycelium etc. These are also connected online but not web wallet. These wallets have benefits of holding seed key or private keys, These are better for daily using of BTC. Not much better for long term though.

3. Hardware Wallet
Hardware wallets are cold storage where you can hold the private key safely. This is very much recommended for long term holding of bitcoins. Example like- Ledger Nano, Keepkey etc.

4. Paper Wallet
Paper wallets are very cheapest methods for having the been fits of cold storage. It's holding the private key in a paper. This is very easier method of storing bitcoin.

Please share you thoughts.

Thank you for this classification. For beginners, such information is very valuable. Use software wallets and do not know sadness)))

My best bet in storing my bitcoin is Yobit, since it's one of the easiest ways to buy, sell, and hold cryptocurrencies and it's the safest web wallets you can use.

I use a paper wallet
Paper wallets are one of the cheapest ways to use them in cold storage. He holds the private key in a leaf. This is an easier way to store bitcoins.

hi i  prefer Web wallets but you just said now its are very risky to use so which web wallet much recommended due to secure reasons  and i is there any way to make risk less thanks

I love hardware walle because they are highly  secure wallet with top level security. Some time software  wallet is also good to store crypto if they provide private key for me.