Is Litecoin legal? - Page 8 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
chirinemannai

Is Litecoin legal?

I am glad for this information, I was wondering if Litecoin was illegal when I read your title but then again I have read that many countries forbid all cryptocurrencies so perhaps it is depending on where we live. I hope that all crypto will keep legal everywhere as they are only helping the world to grow and be more wealthy.

Litecoin is an excellent currency and it has been used for many years for its low value of fees, recently they are creating mmorpg games with this technology of the litecoin blockchain

On 6/16/2020 at 4:16 AM, Yomose said:

I do not consider this a good question when litecoin is known to the crypto community to be good, legal and legit. 

You are right about this, we can not also say litecoin is legal in countries that ban it but in this instance not only litecoin but all cryptocurrencies. 

That depends on the use they make of the currency, since there are people who use it for illegal things, that's why in some countries they don't accept it.

I think that in general all crypto currencies are not illegal. So LTC should not be illegal unless it is clear that it is being used illegally.

Of course the litecoin is legal, if a currency is used illegally it is another matter, for example, the dollar is not illegal because there are people who use it for illegal business.

In my opinion, litecoin can not be legal from the point of view of the state, because it is not regulated, not taxed and it is decentrolized. And if you do the smart thing, it's best to invest in coins backed by exchanges or wallets, such as BNB and TWT.

Friend, I understand that all cryptocurrencies are legal. Cryptocurrencies have turned out to be quite elusive in the legal arena thanks to their novelty. The vast majority are currencies not issued by central banks or official institutions, something that had not been seen to date within our legal and strict global economy. How is something like this regulated? Should it be banned outright?

These are two questions that regulatory entities around the world have had to face. In many of the countries where the use of cryptocurrencies has spread among their citizens, official entities have tried to make them fit into different categories to reject the same laws: securities (commodities), merchandise, properties, assets, payment methods; avoiding especially treating them as "coins". This has had different results depending on the jurisdiction.

• +5 2

Why is it possible to think that this coin is illegal or not? On what terms are they based, I am interested in this information

Litecoin is an excellent cryptocurrency that, unlike other crypto assets, is used to pay fees, since it is considerably low on exchanges.

Regarding its legality, it is a cryptocurrency accepted by many people around the world. Although it is not regulated by the laws of some country, in many there is a void, while in others, they are prohibited, like many cryptocurrencies.

So, the simplest answer will depend on the country you are in, if there are regulations that prohibit cryptocurrencies, it is clear that litecoin will be illegal there.

Despite the fact that cryptocurrencies have a reputation for being used on the dark web for drug and other transactions, a growing number of legitimate and legal stores accept Litecoin as legal tender, due to its shorter lockdown time, Quick confirmations and fees that rarely exceed a fraction of a dollar, Litecoin can be transferred to anyone quickly and cheaply if you have their wallet address.

hm no brother is a legit  what is a specialty litecoin  when its legal for all no exception one  Ltc. legit or  un legıt for country search on cryptotalk

Yes, quite legal, in my opinion. I don't see any reason why this coin should be considered illegal and banned from crypto sites

All digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum are illegal, unrecognized and unauthorized in most countries, and punishable by law.

There are many countries where it is now totally legal to operate with crypto-currencies, because they have created laws for that, the ltc is not the exception, for me an excellent altcoin

8 hours ago, Orlandito said:

Friend, I understand that all cryptocurrencies are legal. Cryptocurrencies have turned out to be quite elusive in the legal arena thanks to their novelty. The vast majority are currencies not issued by central banks or official institutions, something that had not been seen to date within our legal and strict global economy. How is something like this regulated? Should it be banned outright?

These are two questions that regulatory entities around the world have had to face. In many of the countries where the use of cryptocurrencies has spread among their citizens, official entities have tried to make them fit into different categories to reject the same laws: securities (commodities), merchandise, properties, assets, payment methods; avoiding especially treating them as "coins". This has had different results depending on the jurisdiction.

I think LTC is legal, like most Cryptos. What should be regulated as all as possible for a healthy competition between them. It is so.

1 hour ago, Franyely said:

Is Litecoin legal? The short answer is yes. Regulations vary from country to country...

Exactly, I support this comment. It is so, it is Yes. Each country must have its own regulations. But legal it is, yes.

• +5 1

All cryptocurrencies in general have a certain legality, 
and it starts in the country of origin. The restrictions or controls that 
they may have will depend on each government

On 20/10/2019 at 14:02, chirinemannai said:

La respuesta corta es sí. Las regulaciones varían de un país a otro, pero puede esperar ver reguladores financieros nacionales interesados en Litecoin y otras monedas virtuales, posiblemente junto con reguladores regionales a nivel estatal.

Well, I think that if LITECOIN is very legal, it is also an extraordinary project with an upward growth projection, and well, it also depends on the regulations of some countries

2 hours ago, eortega2020 said:

I think LTC is legal, like most Cryptos. What should be regulated as all as possible for a healthy competition between them. It is so.

Exactly, I support this comment. It is so, it is Yes. Each country must have its own regulations. But legal it is, yes.

Of course my friends, of course it is legal, all coins have a legal basis, it is one of the requirements. Currently there are even famous people, singers and actors creating their own cryptocurrencies. I don't think they are not legal. I believe most of all that cryptocurrencies are here to stay.

It all depends on the regularizations that your country has. Example in Venezuela you cannot operate with the LTC currency but with Petro, which is also a crypto. Although there are exchange houses that allow you to exchange from LTC to BTC and then to your local currency.

I think it depends on each country and its types of regulations and prohibitions not only with Litecoin but with all the crypto currencies on the market

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.