Why do exchanges keep getting hacked? - Page 5 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
duncun007

Why do exchanges keep getting hacked?

Thanks dear for the wonderful information your advise can reduce the losses of different traders . As you say about the little percentage yes I agree with you that if we share the little percentage upon the different exchangers then it will helpful for us to reduce the losses . On the other hand it will be very helpful for us to keep the hardware wallets for strong security. 

• +1 1

Scamming and hacking is the deal part of crypto world . Because hackers hacks your account and some times they hacked a exchange . In this way many people lose their money and again they don't believe on this exchange .

If any exchange have low security then it will be hacked. I think store our earning in a trusted wallet. I think crypto exchange only insurance is their system and once it's hacked they will suffer greatly. He will be find a bug in the system.

• +1 1

Thanks for the advice dear and I agree with it and everyone should take it serious otherwise they'll regret for their decision latter.There is no exact solution to tackle with these scammers as we have to face them while working on online sites and the only thing we can do is to remain alert and take precautionary measures against them so its good to save your currency in different exchanges to remain safe from big losses in case of any such issue.

• +3 1

i think the main reason is the hackers need to earn money too that is why they just find a way to break the security and get all the money so you can not do anything to them.

I am on if cryptopia exchange and still waiting for my coins they have announced they will compensate the users.I hope they do this because its been year. I have placed my crypto assets at different exchanges and find it quit reasonable. Because all of exchanges cannot be hacked at same time or easily hacked. I have to pay low and high fee but it's worthy rather losing all by placing my assets in one place.The hard wallet is good way for securing your assets, never trust exchange wallet because the top exchange Binance also got hacked. 

Well maybe it is because they're getting sloppy security or not investing enough for their security. There are a lot of orgs and companies out there that aren't investing enough on security because they think that being hacked is just a big joke.

I think the only solution is a higher level of profit. It is difficult to constantly change and insert security codes after each group of capital gains. Imposing security measures on the owners of portfolios.

Thats true sadly and we had to deal with it especially when we get affected is not really a good news after all so we must be aware of what we are doing and being cautionous will save your work and time as everything as of now is not really safe.

Articles are central time that if you use cyber more then there is cyber problem because you use computer. So these types of juhu are there to avoid having a tissue, we should do a computer course and share the hood .I learn all the things that we are because of these things .

• +1 1

Basically, I think some internal matters are also involved. Whenever you keep your money in an exchange it is not safe for you. While using some secure wallet is basic need. So try to use some secure wallets not any bank account or anything else. And thanks for sharing useful information.

I think the main reason hackers make money is because they break the security and find a way to get all the money so you can't do anything with them.  So hackers can make a lot of money in a short time.

No exchange site is 100% secure.  So we will not store coins on any exchange site.  Because it is risky, any exchange site can be hacked at any time.  So we will not put all the money on all the exchange sites.  We will place money on various exchange sites so that our money will be safe.

On 9/26/2020 at 5:25 PM, rekter said:

Honestly i've seen more exit scams then hacks. But if you are afraid of hackers, and don't trust any cex, just be sure that your security is as state of the art as in the exchange's.

Leaving traces of your privatekeys in somewhere can lead your offline wallets being drained as well.

Your advice is really very useful in this way we can safely save our cryptocurrencies from hackers by saving your private keys in secure sites without internet access
Good luck and a big greeting to the whole community

Right dear it's alarming to know that some exchange have been hacked and thousands of Bitcoins have been stolen and still now the security of exchange platform is a question. It's big reason that prevents people to join the Cryptocurrencies and they get backed. I think there is a need of enough security measures to be taken to deal with hackers and piece of advice is that if u have big capital then store in hardware wallet

The transaction volume continues to increase gradually according to the stock exchanges.Because stock exchanges are the easiest places to steal, there are pirates who have modern technologies.

I think that there are not strict and powerful rules and regulations on the exchanging platforms therefore it is very easy for everyone to use it and in last these are hacked by the hackers

You keep your money with a trust in exchange that you will earn from them by doing trading and holding your asset ,so that when the price gone up you sell them and make profit, but when you wake up next morning and hear that the exchange is hacked,that moment you blame youself why i have choosen that kind of exchange, i have lost by 2 btc in such exchange example CRYPTOPIA. Because of there poor security system, so my friend please check the exchange before storing your assets, check rating, volume and last the security of website or exchange, always enable 2fa security in both while you login or tranfering your funds.

• +2 1

The problem with these attacks on this platform is that there have been multiple attacks and this is what worries they have neglected a lot and it is not recommended to use it right now.

I heard about the breach that happened and everyone advises that we keep our money in the wallet and not in the platform, another solution is to trade on decentralized platforms, which you link with your wallet and trade from it without fear of breaches 

In the future, it will be seen how exchanges will not be getting hacked at all, or only little hack may occur compared to now. Exchanges are hacked because cryptocurrencies are just new to the world, people are finding ways to curb this in a way exchanges will not be hacked again. But this may take time. 

On 9/29/2020 at 12:44 PM, iloveyobit said:

These platforms contain billions of dollars of Bitcoin, and this makes them a very valuable catch for hackers who try to hack them daily and steal that money, the problem lies in the level of protection of the platforms bro.

Yes I  agree you saying well many bitcoins are lost daily due to the lack of security mechanism .we have to maintain our security mechanism to prevent the hacker.

janmashtami two possible reasons the first one is that that change has low security and the second when the exchange is compromising with its users and letting the people hack it

I think it is the first thing that a new investor should be told, that they must have a lot of security to protect their money, the other thing that without any doubts is something that must be taken into account that money can also be kept in exchangers like binance or yobit which are very safe.