About a locked topic. - Page 7 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Moontong

About a locked topic.

1 minute ago, koynayak said:

That's right it can happend sometimes. If your topics locked it's probably no needed anymore, or there could be older post. I think it's very needed to locking some posts  because after a while post can lose competence and if they won't lock those posts, it'll be totaly waste of time and it won't be good for the forum.

I agree with you mate. Sometimes a very long time passes from the topics creation and the subject loses its decency however since it has taken so many replies by then, some people comment on it and up the topic again. So instead of deleting it, moderators lock the topic to make it inactive in other words archieve it.

• Useful or interesting 1

I have noticed that some topics have been blocked but I do not know the real reason because I am new to this forum. But maybe these topics are too old or have been misinformed. Maybe that's why They are closed.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:31 PM, Moontong said:

I have topics that have been locked, maybe 4 to 5 topics I think. Can we discuss here what would be the basis of our moderators of locking our topics? I have here some reason that I notice why some of my topics get locked. 

1. If you are asking a question and someone responds to it or they already answered your questions.

2. You opened a good old topic but it is not needed anymore for our current time.

3. There are already existing topics the same to yours but it has already many responses.

I am not sure with thoses reasons because its just my personal opinion based on what I have noticed. If you know some more, lets talk about it. Its better to have locked topic than having deleted one. Happy posting😊.

Yes, of course you have corrected that I have often noted that many topic locked and I do not know anything special about it and I also want to know about it and I will tell you something about it from your topic.  

• +1 1

I have seen many topics locked .i am not sure but I think the reason is that they got  answerd about the topic and may be there is no reply on that topics for a long period.I  also want it know why topics are locked.

• +2 1

Well there could be many reasons for locking a topic like u said duplicated topics which is causing a great problems bcz due to its deleted number of post is increased. Sometimes a topic become old and his information remains invalid so they also get lockwd

Possibly the motivation behind why the majority of the subject are lockup or erased is on the grounds that a large portion of them are not longer valuable there to the gathering, or duplication of presenting isn't permit on the site,.

It depends on who has given the topic New Member does not know how to comment and he copies the paste and senior i is a member if he commented on it, along with his comment would be deleted.Therefore, it is necessary to guide all the juniors as to how to make comments and What are the rules and regulations   

• +1 1

Your reasons are I think right. Also, I think one reason is to avoid repeated answers. Just like what you have stated in your first reason, maybe you question is already answered, but some are commenting again by just duplicating what other say. So admins think it is good to lock them so the answers will not be duplicated more.

Dear friend I don't know much about this yet.  It's been a while since I've been working on it.  So my knowledge about this site is negligible.  But I will try to let you all know if I am able to know about this.  I hope you get the idea through this post.  Thank you.

I have also come accros this kind of situation few times i want to comment on some topics since i have joined this forum but whhat i can say is that the administrators can give us the best explanation for doing so. I just feel the topic would have been deleted from the forum suppose its useless rather than the admin locking it.

The locked topics are those which are answered already by the admin or another member. And it is important too as if the topics is already answered there is no need to keep it alive for further replies which would be same probably. And only moderator and admins have right of locking post upto now.

When you see that there topic already posted instead you can answer on some question of some members on that topics and if no comment is made in a topics for extend period of time maybe it is locked.

I think the reason why some of the members topics are locked because some of them are not longer useful to the forum .  If you want to post something then you don't need to post same topics. 

It is the reality, since many people do not know how careful they should be when creating new topics, so it is good to always close them as long as they are fully clarified so that they have more possibilities of seeing new topics because because of this few dare to create new content and just keep reading the old topics.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:17 PM, Moontong said:

I created a topic before and there are already many comments on it and then for the next other day the moderstor commented on my topic saying that he will lock my topic becsusr there is already existing topic the same to mine, there are still some other reasons for locking the topic.

I think this might just be the accurate answer to it. Most topics are found pre existing in other forums band sections. We ahskukd always try and make independent topics that will keep adding value to the knowledge of all the members here

Most of the topic that are deleted And old and Duplicate Post and Comment also Deleted The same thing has happened to me that when I post a lot, they get deleted and they become the topic. Because here you can not create duplicate account nor post nor comment On which platform do we have to follow their rules and policies If we make 2 comments on the same topic, they are automatically deleted and locked. 

I am new here at cryptotalk, and I don't know much about it but it has happened to me three to four times that if I find any topic interesting and useful, I open it but sometimes there is no reply option.  It happens and I just come back after reading the comments.

There are lots of topic available in this forum. Maximum of them are posted by admins. If you are a newbie you can not post on crypto world. All topic there will be locked for you. Sometimes admin locked some topics because people do spamming there. 

This forum but I think that your reasons on how your topic locked is related and also I think that the moderators locked it for it not to be copy or not to do any topic that is like that

The thing is that old topics are often not completely closed, someone can always add something to that topic and this makes it difficult to determine when a topic should be blocked or closed in any case.

• Useful or interesting 1

It is genuine I saw that, I think they are old subjects, however they have not been erased because of their significance, they are left for perusing as it were.

To be sincere I've not experienced topic lock. But what I notice is that if any topic is no more useful to member it will get locked or even deleted from the forum. The hot topic remain on board atill when it become trash. Good day to all mate

You can answer on some questions of some members on that topic and his answer is specific so more than one person gives him the same answer.

Well actually when your topic is being locked that does not mean the topic already exist because the duplicate topics are not locked they are created by the moderators

Yeh bro also see that  many topics are deleted these topics are created two time by people so i think in some cases these are  duplicate  .  so its easy for everyone to delete these topic  .  i have not face this  .   so new topics will create  .