KYC or not - Page 15 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

KYC or not

On 10/20/2019 at 7:59 AM, Cryptohash said:

I do not like to give KYC to get something in return i hate that procedure and i boycott it.

Even i never did KYC even though i know its legit and profit oriented company. Why should we sell our whole information to get few coins 😛 ?

I thing You are absolutely right brother. You should not give our identity to someone for some free money. But i had to give it to binance because my account was locked while making withdrawal. BTW it was my fault

KYC means “Know Your Customer”. It is a process by which banks obtain information about the identity and address of the customers. This process helps to ensure that banks' services are not misused. The KYC procedure is to be completed by the banks while opening accounts and also periodically update the same.

Well more yes than no because of security purpose and freaking abusers. You see, if there is no KYC some bad people can abuse it in order getting more money.

however they are almost scams and the token price . We shouldn't use our own documents such as passport or other important information.

Maybe some time we need to do KYC but not for bounties and you can't trust them with your privacy but you can't trust exchange with KYC either. Who will you trust someone you don't know and if we do KYC we risk our safety privacy and security.

I have also doubt in KYC, since we all know exchange and other financial services are prone to hackers because there have money on it, so there is a chance that all the documents that we have sent to them will be hacked also. But yeah I understand them that it is just a security measure to some criminal act especially money laundering but I hope they will make sure first that they have secured security.

On 18/10/2019 at 13:08, Glossy said:

¿Ustedes generalmente evitan hacer KYC cuando se registran en intercambios y hacen recompensas?

Para ser franco, no me gusta hacer KYC en absoluto y nunca lo hice.

Me pregunto cuáles son sus pensamientos sobre este tema.

I have done it for exchanges that have given me coins and out of necessity to be able to withdraw some crypto from some exchanges, I remember that they did not ask for it and it was better, but according to what they started it to be able to compete against money laundering and the usurpation of personality. The truth does not bother me so much, but when accounts such as twitter or kucoin are hacked from within the same platform, I wonder what the case is to do KYC if they rob us from within the site, security is very weak on the internet and it will continue like this, the best is to have our private keys well saved.

To be frank, I don't like doing kyc, I avoid it, I don't feel safe in sending my data and photos on the web, but in certain places you should do it otherwise you can't do anything.

I do KYC a lot but I'm not sloppy. I do KYC if instead when I want to make a withdrawal and need KYC, I'll do it. but sometimes I also do KYC to take part in airdrop or bounties that require KYC.

• +4 1

I really think like you, but avoiding KYC is almost impossible today in exchanges due to the regulations that are being implemented, almost no exchange today is decentralized and to operate it is necessary, I think it is a necessary evil.

I only do it in exceptions and with famous and safe exchanges, I understand that it is necessary in some cases such as for example for P2P in cases of scams

I have done a lot of KYC, actually sometimes it is somewhat distrustful because privacy is supposed to be important when using your cryptocurrencies, but the truth is that I see it as a security and verification method at the same time, you know that this world is full of scammers, profiteers and others, I think that the KYC is partly a help for oneself

For me I don't care for KYC check, I can't give my own informations to somebody or some site I even don't think about him enough, or doing KYC for certain dollars, I truly can't

KYC is agains the crypto in my opinion. Where crypto means anonymity,,kyc take our full information. But some good exchanges also require kyc for big withdrawal volumes.. i think it is for security.. but i don't like this

There are more and more regulations in the crypto world and this is necessary, so you have to adapt to always being asked for KYC

I by no means like KYC for the reason that it bottle rob any people own in rank for the reason that online is a swindle location or an of the essence categorize for hackers. Any put relate be able to be additional here. Any category of canister be encountered. 

Doing kyc in an exchange is favorable for the platform, if a scam happens they could locate you and talk to you, also to keep a count of users.

• +4 1
  • +5 1

On 10/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

To be frank I do not like doing KYC at all and never did it.

I wonder what are your thoughts on this issue.

No one loves KYC but it is now becoming something that all exchanges want to do. To me it seems like governments are taking over exchanges and asking them to make that compulsory for their users and also adding some fees. It seems as if there is no privacy in bitcoin again.

5 hours ago, Adul69 said:

I do KYC a lot but I'm not sloppy. I do KYC if instead when I want to make a withdrawal and need KYC, I'll do it. but sometimes I also do KYC to take part in airdrop or bounties that require KYC.

Be carefully with KYC brother especially on airdrops that mostly seems to turn out as fake, your information or identity could be used in criminal activities.