Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address - Page 15 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Nicecrypto

Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address

This is something very delicate when it happens, I think that if you send to an incorrect address but it is real from the same network of the cryptocurrency, it is received by someone who has the address that you have copied, now if you send from a network to a different one, these are are completely lost and no one will be able to access them.

• Useful or interesting 1

It will remain stuck in the blockchain, but of course it will be used by the blockchain workers because they know everything and know that such things happen, so they are ready to receive wrong payments. This is my view, I don’t know if it is right or wrong.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

I hope this won't happen to me so I am taking every precaution to avoid making a big mistake. I take time and don't just send fast to another wallet and sometimes I am confused as I am still not very adept in this so I am taking all the time needed before doing that.

• +5 1

My dear, you should be careful whole sending coins. You can not refund or recover your coins. Always be careful. It's a great platform for you to learn and earn at the same time. You will really enjoy this Platform and you can share your experience with others people also by posting your content. You can also go through other experiences by reading the article and their view of the platform 

On 10/13/2019 at 1:47 AM, Nicecrypto said:

I know this has happened to me once when I just entered crypto, sent a token with same ticker to the wrong exchange wallet address. Now the question is, what happens to the token or coins you mistakenly sent to a wrong address since they are not delivered? Do they burn up in crypto space or what? This has been on my mind so just needed some understand on it.

This is something that I think can be improved, it is unfair that an error cannot be reversed, it is something that should be improved without a doubt, they should work on them or at least that they benefit from this error that can also happen.

• +2 1

If the wallet does not exist, then this currency will not be owned by anyone anymore
The matter is similar to the currency burning system found in some cryptocurrencies. It adopts a percentage that burns every day to prevent any kind of inflation. The burned currencies are sent to address zero, where no one can access them or try to retrieve them

• +2 1

I think that coin will be sends to the address you give to your wallet for transaction. And the wallet has done his jon and he doesn't know that you have given wrong address but he has done his duty. So we have to careful with that situation.

The tokens will be sent to corresponding wallet. If that wallet does not exist then it will be sent to wallet after it's created. This is the case if address pattern is true but address is wrong. But if complete pattern is wrong then you will told to write correct pattern.

• +3 1

On 10/13/2019 at 1:47 AM, Nicecrypto said:

I know this has happened to me once when I just entered crypto, sent a token with same ticker to the wrong exchange wallet address. Now the question is, what happens to the token or coins you mistakenly sent to a wrong address since they are not delivered? Do they burn up in crypto space or what? This has been on my mind so just needed some understand on it.

It is a serious error friend, it is something to which I have to be very careful about my part, I pay attention very well to verify the wallet 3 times and avoid those inconveniences, I think that the tokens that have lost if I use an existing wallet, the receiver may have them and think it was a gift for another side I don't think I can get them back.

• +2 1

Yes you are right my friend this is one of big challenge some member face in crytop currency market because if you send coins too wrong address no refundable

Unfortunately, you cannot recover money after transferring it to any other address, and you will lose it after transferring, so you must verify the transfer address and the balance that you transfer before you transfer.

There are people that make same mistake in making transactions, we need to be careful when making transactions because we can have our coins back when we sent it to wrong wallet addresses. 

It is completely unfortunate because if you write the address in a wrong pattern then the amount is not transferred and exchange gives a warning. But if the address is in right pattern but small change in numbers then your money is transferred to wrong address and it cannot be reversed.

• +1 1

On 10/13/2019 at 10:47 AM, Nicecrypto said:

I really feel sad to listen it that you lost your money in this way mistakenly yes we should be very vigilant and clear about our process and avoid such mistake as there would be no chance of recovery once you have done with.

• +2 1

I don't know how this is possible to make a mistake and send coins to a false address, I don't write the address letter by letter and this is not recommended, but how can you have somewhere a saved address of someone else and choose to send coins there. Why would you have saved another address that is not your own?

You cannot recover the coins you sent to the wrong address. When transferring crypto money, it is necessary to check the address you send over and over. This is an irreversible process.

Sending cryptocurrencies or tokens to the wrong address is an act that you should not err in unless we do not know what to do. If anyone does not have experience sending coins or tokens, he must seek the help of others to help him, and the currencies that are sent by mistake are in place.  From the Blockchain app

• +3 1

If you send your crypto to the wrong adress and that adress is owned by someone, than he is the new owner of your crypto. There is no regulation against it at the moment.

If you send your crtpto to the wrong adress which doesn't exist, then your crypto is burned. 

If you send your crypto to the correct adress but through a different network then it is a high chance lost.

• +1 1

Play simple games, earn free bitcoin !

https://rollercoin.com/?r=kopkpsp3

ref_46860.png

In the event that you make any mistake in the address to which you want to send the cryptocurrencies, your coins will be lost forever and you will be able to recover them again, so you must make sure of the address you want to send to before sending it

I have never had this matter with me, but I think if I send the coins to the wrong address, one of the members who have accounts on this forum will get them and the coins become their property and in their safe, and you cannot recover it.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:47 AM, Nicecrypto said:

When you send coins or tokens to the wrong address that means you loss your coins or token when you transfer coins first look at the address be careful when you transfer coins because in a time seconds you will loss your money that will hurt you a lot thats why everyone careful about transactions.

It is a great lose of any member who can this because the sent of coins is send to wrong adress like lose you struggle own so be careful about this there is no method to recover these coins

On 10/13/2019 at 11:10 AM, Khan said:

The tokens you send to the wrong address is now the property of that address owner and you can not do anything as this is the biggest disadvantage of the Crypto.

To send money to the wrong address its too hard to send for someone address but mostly you send to wrong address when you copy ethereum address instead of bitcoin. 

18 hours ago, nova420 said:

When we send money to the wrong address, this money will reach the wallet that contains the same address that you sent the money to. If this address does not exist, the currencies will remain on the internet until a new address is generated for a new wallet that has the same address that you sent your money to.

I once sent coins to a wrong address that does not exist yet and the wallet said that address does not exist and my money did not go anywhere, so i think what you say varies from one wallet to another.

This is one of the drawbacks of cryptocurrency if it is fiat currency if the account number is not correct the transaction will never be successful but in crypto the reverse is the case but will move to other wallet address or to the cloud without the ownership from any person.

• +2 1