The difference between private key and a public key - Page 28 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between private key and a public key

Hello my friend how are you I hope you are fine and good health. Of course, we must always not give the private key that pertains to the wallet to anyone else, we must keep it and not share it with anyone. As for the public key, this key can be shared with anyone. This key is used when we sell or buy encrypted currencies.

Of course, the key of your private wallet must be hidden. Your wallet account can be stolen from fraud, and in these actions there is no one who can help you or return what was stolen from you. Be always active and pay attention to any behavior you may do on these sites.

We thank you for providing this information that I did not know the main difference between the private key and the public key is very simple, the private key is a private account and the public key is dedicated are the addresses that define your wallet that people can use to send money to you

According to my knowledge Private Key is used to both encrypt and decrypt the data and is shared between the sender and receiver of encrypted data. The public key is only used to encrypt data and to decrypt the data, the private key is used and is shared. ... The public key is free to use and the private key is kept secret only

Thank you, my friend, for this important participation. We should not share our private wallet to anyone, and it remains very secure, and the public key must be the address of the wallet only, and you will receive encryption through the public key.

😊Friend 

A private key, also known as a secret key, is a variable in cryptography that is used with an algorithm to encrypt and decrypt code. Secret keys are only shared with the key's generator, making it highly secure. Private keys play an important role in symmetric cryptography, asymmetric cryptography and cryptocurrencies.

Of course dear you have told us the difference between the private key and public key we should keep our private key secure from everyone because privacy is very important if we do not get our privacy then where you can lost all money to scammers thank you.

Thanks for giving this information that I was not knowing best post but do it regularly that every one should learn new new things in the crypto world and I also know there are many that have to know more .

Private keys in a wallet is the information such as passphrase, passwords which we shouldn't share with anyone but keep privately and public keys is the information which we can share with others like transaction addresses, wallet addresses and these can not help someone to penetrate our wallets even when shared publicly.

My friend I want to tell that we should always private key but some people use public key private key I think that sharing to public she is not too problem. And public key is a derivation of private key which can be tracked back to private key but cannot be used to decode it.

• +3 1

These few pointers are extremely useful and beneficial to all newbies, since they must keep these points in mind for the future and the protection of their funds. I also feel that I now have some more valuable information about a few things that we all need to think about because it's all about protection and education without which no one can stay in the crypto world, but the OP did a great job with this.

Thanks for this explanation, but both of them are important to the wallet, because I think you will be hacked if you lost them or someone stole them from you, they are the key to your wallet, and the key to recover your wallet if you lost password or something else 

The origin of naming the key is public, meaning you can share it with others. I am the private key, it is that if someone knows it, your wallet will be accessed and your money stolen.

It is preferable not to save the private key on the Internet in order not to be accessed by hackers, so we have to save it on an external paper or notebook in a safe place.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Yes, it is not a good idea to give out your private key to someone. One of the most significant distinctions between a public and a private key is that the former is public. The public key is the one we give out to the public and use to accept cryptocurrency deposits.

Private keys are the keys that we use to unlock our wallet, they must be kept in a secure location because if loss or stolen we will lose all access to our wallet.

While public keys are addresses that identify our wallet people can use it to send money to us. 

•  

Thank you for this information ...

For beginners, it is very important to know what is the public key and the private key, so I will add some information in addition to what you mentioned in order to increase knowledge...

The aim of the public and private keys is to demonstrate that the transaction that has been spent has actually been signed by the owner of the funds, and has not been fraudulent...

When you own digital currencies, what you really do have is a 'private key'...

Your "private key" unlocks its owner's right to spend the cryptocurrencies associated with it. Since it provides access to your cryptocurrency, it should be kept private...

You can have one public key or multiple public keys associated with each private key...

The public key can be recovered if you own the private key. However, it is impossible to find the private key using only the public key...

There is other, more accurate information about wallets and their keys that you can search for if you want to increase your knowledge.

Edited by MichelleHanonik

Thanks for sharing us such a kind of useful posts and i think the posts will be so much helpful for all of us. You describe the difference between the public and the private, you explain the topic so much perfectly and i really appreciate that.  

Thank you for explaining these things to beginners, it is really useful information.

All new members here should benefit from information like this. The field of cryptocurrencies is full of scammers so we must pay attention and we should not share our private key with anyone so that we do not lose our money.

• +5 1

Private Keys unlock the wallet. It must be kept in secure place beecause if is lost or stolen one will lose all access in the wallet.Public keys are addresses by which one can find wallet and they can send money to wallet.

• +1 1

Thank you for sharing this sensitive information and alerting beginners to this important matter. You should keep the private key in a safe place. It is not preferable to save it on the Internet because that may lead to it being stolen by fraudsters.

My friend, the differences are very clear. The public key is the key that you have published for members who want to send money to us in general, and it is a very natural key that you send it to anyone whose status was with anyone. 12 word is one of the most important keys in existence for your wallet and its safety. Therefore, you must copy several copies of it in general and follow these copies in a good governorate and keep them in general from loss because it is the only way to recover money inside the wallet Thank you

We must be precise in any process we work with, if any mistake in any symbol in the public key will send your money to the wrong address and that the private key is more important

The private key is very important and we must keep it seriously without anyone knowing it because if a fraudster gets it, he will steal all our coins.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Actually, as a beginner, I have not yet performed any withdrawal process, as you have provided me with your information. This is a great benefit that will make me alert to what will be asked of me when the withdrawal process. I am really happy to be here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.