What is the meaning of Halvening? - Page 17 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Black_Sword

What is the meaning of Halvening?

Hey, I have heard about bitcoin halvening. Basically in that period the price of drops by half of the current price. IIt happens in every four years. I think halvening happened a short while ago, during this corona crisis. I hope you'he got a basic idea about this. Thank you.

The meaning is that the Bitcoin protocol has been programmed to reduce the number of prizes every 4 years until Bitcoin is depleted (completed mined). The amount of bitcoin issued for each block is reduced by half. People call it "Bitcoin halving".

Halving refers to the number of coins that miners receive for adding transactions to the blockchain and cut it half. If we considered in easy term it is mean controlling the inflation of Bitcoin. Very often Bitcoin faces these type of  things.

• +1 1

6 minutes ago, Abubakarabbi123 said:

Halvening is moment when bitcoin get into cut half . The halvening of bitcoin occours every 210,000 blocks . We are now approaching the third halvening where bitcoin close reward will reduce from 12.5 BTC to 6.25 BTC.

We are not approaching the third halving, it is already happened many months ago. The third halving was in May 2020 and the new Bitcoin rewards for miners when mining one block is since then 6.25BTC. Please refrain from writing wrong information.

I also don't know about this i think its related to trading because i also listening this word some time ago please some guide us what is the meaning of this word maybe its important for us to know that word i hope senior members help us 

I would say that the event where the number of a certain currency available in the market is splitting.  Many say that this happens every 4 years.  I hope this hemisphere is really useful and worth the wait because I'm really looking forward to it so that I can make a lot of money.  When bitcoin mining comes to a steady amount when done they increase the price of bitcoin by reducing bitcoin mining and bitcoin mining is slow and that is my opinion.

Every now and then I m continually perusing that splitting uncommonly when they are discussing the cost of bitcoin however the fact of the matter is despite the fact that me I dont realize what is the importance of halvening.as I read different remarks still dont know the significance.

As far as I know I think having means something like fee or payment type when a miner Recievs his btc Or reward he got some fees attached with it .i think that is it 👍

Thanks for your post. I think there are many members, especially newcomers, who do not know most of the terms
And what we're talking about is an event that occurs at intervals of 210,000 blocks, roughly once every four years when the rewards awarded to Bitcoin miners for validating a transaction are reduced by 50%. It is also a network that controls things related to Bitcoin
Thanks

Hello my dear friends i am a new commer on this plateform i generally listen about the cryptotalk bitcoins but i never listen the word halvening before this time so i am sorry i could not tell you any information so i also find knowledge about him

Indeed Bitcoin can happen to Halving and individuals ask what it is? Supposedly, Halving is the place where Bitcoin lessens itself significantly and almost certainly, the cost will just go up a bit.

Friend, I am not an expert but I can tell you that the reduction in half of the payment that miners receive for lending their sophisticated Bitcoin (BTC) mining equipment, this halving occurs every 4 years and the last time It was 2020, in which the miners' pay went from 12.5 BTC to 6.25 BTC, which does not affect their accounts since this also increases the value of bitcoin.

Yes Bitcoin can happen to Halving and people ask what it is? As far as I know, Halving is where Bitcoin reduces itself by half and it is likely that the price will only go up a little.......😷.

Halvening is a term used to indicate whilst the earnings of miners for bitcoin are cut in half of, it occurs each four years with the purpose to boom the modern value of bitcoin. Mining can be plenty less worthwhile in the course of this time as bitcoin is regulating the amount of btc in movement.

Basically halving is the line written in bitcoin code. It actually do the reduction of bitcoin to 50%. Halving basically means that to reducing something to 50%.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Halving is basically a term used while miners receive no of coins while adding transaction in their account and vice versa. Electricity is the main cost of halving as it is consuming according to your transactions and that no of coins will be cut off from your account and also traders use this just to low down the value of coins and get benefited.

I am a junior member here and don't know the meaning of halvening , I know it sounds funny but I don't need to hide what I don't know . 

Please I need someone to explain halvening and in  a simple way so I can understand easily.

Thanks

I'm curious about the word halving too and now there is a thread show about this word halving and it's use for the Bitcoin minner because halving make minners mining into half than past.

From time to time I m always reading that halving specially when they are talking about the price of bitcoin but the truth is even though me i dont know what is the meaning of halvening.as i read other comments still dont know the meaning

I think halvening is the event where the number of a certain coin available in the market is getting divided. Many people say that this event happen every 4 years. I hope that this halving is really beneficial and worth to wait because I am really looking forward to it so that I can gain huge profit.

Frankly, I do not have much detailed and clear information about the meaning of half, but I have heard that this term relates to the money supply and the market that controls the price of bitcoin and this market is responsible for cutting bitcoin by half and treating inflation, please correct my information in the responses if they are wrong

Halving refers to the number of coins that miners receive for adding new transaction to the block chain being cut in half.this will now diminish from 12.5 bitcoin to 6.25 and will halve again every 210,000 blocks until the last bitcoin is mined in 2140.

Halving usually means to divide something in two. It can be money or something else. Here we read about bitcoin halving I don't really have information about it but I think it has to do something with trading. 

Mate this word is Halving not halvenening. Actually this term is used for BTC it means that the price of Bitcoin decreases badly and goals at a lease point and then we say that it is the Halving of BTC.

• +4 1