How do we calculate profit or loss when we exit a trade? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
CryptoLegendry

How do we calculate profit or loss when we exit a trade?

Perhaps the topic is ridiculous at first! But many of the members here do not know how to calculate the profit or loss ratio after selling the currency that they had bought! So today I am going to explain how we can calculate the profit or loss ratio!
Percentage-Change-Formula.thumb.jpg.b805567738f38f7a740bc3feb7ad8c24.jpg
Profit Ratio =
(Price on Buy - Price on Sell) / Price on Buy * 100

Calculate profit=

There are two ways!
First method:
(Price On Sale * Quantity) - (Price On Buy * Quantity)

The second method:
Profit Ratio * (Price On Purchase * Quantity) + (Price On Purchase * Quantity)

Do you have another way to calculate your profits? Tell us about it!

This very important for traders who just started in crypto currency to know how to calculate the profits of his trade it's good to post that brother, now with the most developed exchange you can just see your profits in your Wallet it's calculated automatically 

• +2 1

21 hours ago, scorpiali said:

This very important for traders who just started in crypto currency to know how to calculate the profits of his trade it's good to post that brother, now with the most developed exchange you can just see your profits in your Wallet it's calculated automatically 

All trading platforms must unlock a feature that enables the trader to be able to see the profit percentage directly without applying these rules! Unfortunately I have not yet seen such a thing on the following platforms Hitbtc, Yobit! Although it is really important!

In general, the correct formula for calculating the percentage profit, but if you need to calculate exactly the amount earned, then it is enough to deduct the amount for which you bought/sold the amount for which you sold/bought (depends on the type of trade:long or short)

Thank you, my friend, for this information. It helps the newbie who recently entered this field and does not know how to know if he won or lost from that deal. I wish success to you and everyone.

It is useful information in calculating the amount of profit and loss that we have made and a fun way to do that in the form of a mathematical rule that we must all need to estimate the profits or losses that we have made over the accumulated deals.

• +4 1

Thanks for share this information. I am not know about it. That is the good formula for calculate the profit or loss from the trade. I hope you share such as information to this platforum in the next time.

• +2 1

Thank you, dear, for this mathematical equation through which we can calculate the profit and loss when we enter into any deal of buying and selling, but my advice to you is to avoid this matter in general and start to find a way to gain effective without losing it in the future and this is what is at the end Thank you very much

• +4 1

I do not think that the topic is ridiculous, but quite the opposite As for the new members, they enter the field of investment with great enthusiasm and when they make any deal and they sell and profit in the end they are eager to know the percentage of profit they achieved and I think that you mentioned the two correct ways to calculate the profit rate

On 3/28/2021 at 9:52 PM, CryptoLegendry said:

Perhaps the topic is ridiculous at first! But many of the members here do not know how to calculate the profit or loss ratio after selling the currency that they had bought! So today I am going to explain how we can calculate the profit or loss ratio!
Percentage-Change-Formula.thumb.jpg.b805567738f38f7a740bc3feb7ad8c24.jpg
Profit Ratio =
(Price on Buy - Price on Sell) / Price on Buy * 100

Calculate profit=

There are two ways!
First method:
(Price On Sale * Quantity) - (Price On Buy * Quantity)

The second method:
Profit Ratio * (Price On Purchase * Quantity) + (Price On Purchase * Quantity)

Do you have another way to calculate your profits? Tell us about it!

Dear friend how are you I think you all will be fine and I am very thankful to you for sharing this useful information this is actually very useful for those people that are doing trading and they do not have information that how to calculate the profit but your post clear all the confusion so thank you again for making this post.

• +2 1

My friend, I am new to the concept of investments, I am just experimenting but I always need to learn more and until I get the necessary experience, I keep an eye on the investments as if I had a clothing store or something similar, I buy when I need or the price has dropped a little to have I stok and sell when the time is right. Obviously, before I calculate if I have losses or gains for now, that is my system with time I hope to improve myself.

Hello my friend, I thank you for this post. It is useful in calculating profits and losses, and therefore we take a good idea for future investments. I hope that you will provide more useful topics for all of us. Good luck for you.

Very nice information for begginers who are new in Crypto trading, doing this will make them to understand the profits and lose in their trading. Thanks so much for sharing this useful information mate.