Digital gold and institutional adoption - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Obliv0n

Digital gold and institutional adoption

Just now, Dang3r said:

Bitcoin, at least in the strict sense of the word, is not gold, however it is attributed that synonym thanks to the fact that it goes through similar situations and of course, being mineable and gold, they associate it, however it is only used as a reference to easily explain the The concept behind Bitcoin, calling it "digital gold" makes it more palatable to the general public.

Calling it digital gold is interesting, so it's called digital gold to attract attention and the market for this currency is rising and falling like the price of gold is also rising and falling. 

• Useful or interesting 1

21 hours ago, yonkii said:

I read this post earlier because I had not reached a conclussion. And still I am not sure again, but I agree completely with this quote @Obliv0n as I think that except from being vague, it is also how the investors and the people see each asset forming. If too many in the future, perhaps half of the planet population, see Bitcoin as digital gold, then it will be. For the time being I think that Bitcoin is not gold and not store of value asset but there is an effort to convince the investors that it is. If this is successful then it will perhaps become.

Of course, it is a like a media campaign that tries to create a good image about gold and as another member mentioned, it could be considered as a more friendly term, easier to digest and suitable for all the masses, although it is very different from what we think of as "gold".

• +2 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, Quickbee said:

Bitcoin and Digital gold are completely different both in terms of price and in terms of recognition. There is complete Institutional support and assurance for Gold. But institutional support for Bitcoin is slowly increasing.

That's right, the two projects are running in different systems and have different purposes, the unique common thing is that they are digital projects. Gold is an old asset that has gained much recognition and adoption unlike BTC which is still fresh project

The gold and the bitcoin has the value both are increasing demand in the market. The price of the gold is the stable as much as compare to bitcoin has the fluctuations in the digital market.But the world are going to move towards the digital currency that's why bitcoin has the more value.

It is the new digital age, the financial era now the BTC which is repositioning itself every day before all the companies in the world, which is why BTC is said to be digital gold because of the fact that it is so popular and that its price is every day higher, so in the same way I agree with you when you think that calling it digital gold is a bit outside of what it establishes, you have to understand that this is independent.

• +1 1

Most of the companies now that used to deal in sending and transferring money with regular charges, such as the dollar, are now accepting cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, so it is better and profitable

• +3 1

Bitcoin is a currency founded on the principle of electronic payment in a shy manner, but after the passage of time the price of its circulation rose and became stronger than paper currencies and I think that it will continue its growth and prosperity until it becomes stronger than gold and may occupy its place and be the currency of the future.

On 12/31/2020 at 4:00 PM, Obliv0n said:

SkyBridge for those who do not know, is a global investment firm that has currently started its foray into the crypto world, under a fund based mainly on Bitcoin, its initial investment is 182 million dollars that is equivalent to 6283 BTC's.

The person in charge of the announcement, declared some things that suppose an endorsement of his investment, such as that the halving was the catalyst for the price increase or the fact of ensuring that bitcoin is better than gold as a value of the continuous support for the market, which divided the opinions of both investors and the cryptocurrency community.

Personally  considered that Bitcoin is not digital gold, since the comparison is vague, and its concepts and principles are different.

However, what do you think of this?
Is it digital gold or not? Is institutional adoption good? Since more and more companies gain ground to the whales.

Declining the real assets of digital currencies will make many people trust more digital currencies, meaning that they have real voices that depend on them and not just codes on the Internet.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:53 PM, Khetam said:

Calling it digital gold is interesting, so it's called digital gold to attract attention and the market for this currency is rising and falling like the price of gold is also rising and falling. 

The scope is people are trying to relate things in reality to their representation online, and that's a reason why they use to call bitcoin gold, and there are a lot of similarities between gold and bitcoin and it made the comparison easy

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿Instagram🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Yes, Bitcoin can be likened to gold in terms of the amount of investments and ease of circulation and storage, but the difference is that the price of Bitcoin is very volatile

I also don't beileve bitcoin is a digital gold but many people investing bitcoin because of that. You're right about the corporate investors, this year when we reached 20.000$ we start to think this is the top and if we buy from that price we can lose money but those firms start to buy in those levels, that's why bitcoin reach new all time high.

On 1/19/2021 at 5:15 PM, yulitzacalvete said:

It is the new digital age, the financial era now the BTC which is repositioning itself every day before all the companies in the world, which is why BTC is said to be digital gold because of the fact that it is so popular and that its price is every day higher, so in the same way I agree with you when you think that calling it digital gold is a bit outside of what it establishes, you have to understand that this is independent.

Yes, my conception is too literal so it seemed to me that saying gold to bitcoin was something out of place, however when understanding it from another perspective, my eyes were opened and for ender now I consider it a totally different concept from what we know like gold (mineral).

Dear, tangible physical gold is one of the most precious and expensive metals, so what is your door to digital gold, of course it will be of great value, and has great acceptance from all segments of society. 

These global investment firms are entering and exiting too fast. We learn about when they invest Bitcoin as they want to inflate the price by creating a hype, but we never learn when exactly they sell. We wonder who is selling when we read a correction in the chart, but we don't find any news, as they aren't given because of the hype philosophy that surrounds all the crypto news. Many channels used for information will cut out anything that is bearish, perhaps until whales tell them to start some fud campaign. However, at least for the short term, when any fund enters, this is bullish for holders. But not too good for traders as all analysis goes to waste.

Yes you said absolutely right in this era of technology the peoples are interested to get the technology in their mobiles like a digital currency that's why the digital gold are also introduced in the market

• +2 1

As for me, I see that Bitcoin has become a digital gold and investing in it achieves greater profits than investing in ordinary gold. There are many companies that have made millions of dollars after investing in Bitcoin and the problem is that most of these companies turn into whales in the market and can control the price

• +3 1

On 12/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, Obliv0n said:

However, what do you think of this?
Is it digital gold or not? Is institutional adoption good? Since more and more companies gain ground to the whales.

For me, I see that it is digital gold. There is no reason, and also because they are similar in characteristics and one difference between them, which is that Bitcoin is intangible. Let's not turn to the price because we see Bitcoin mining close to an end while gold is still the case for a long time.
We obeyed, we say that Bitcoin is full of acceleration for gold. And all that we see in cryptocurrencies of fictional prices is because it is only the beginning and the market is small.

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile: