Proof of work - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Omar98

Proof of work

Friend, this is extremely useful information, the fact is that it seems to me that the cryptocurrency has very strong protection, because, for example, in order to break it, we clearly need a data stream with different hashes, and this is extremely difficult! Many people even ask whether a quantum computer can break bitcoin, or whether all this is extremely unrealistic? It seems to me that we got into such a system that we created, but we can't break and delete it, because experience and technology do not allow it! This is the whole mystery of the Bermuda triangle!

On 11/14/2020 at 6:06 PM, Omar98 said:

As we know and as I have talked about in my previous topic, Blockchain uses something called Hashes to make the chain of blocks and the method of adding new blocks more secure. But to tell the truth, using Hashes is not enough to prevent tempering.

image.png.17f783d80aa0b29427685b421a1f46af.png

Nowadays, computers are being very fast and they can calculate hundreds of these hashes per second.

Hackers can effectively temper with the block and recalculate all the hashes of the blocks to make the blockchain valid again like nothing happened.

So, to mitigate this problem, Blockchain had something called

Proof-of-work.

And what do we mean by Proof-of-work?

Proof-of-work is the mechanism that slows down the creation of new blocks

In the Blockchain of Bitcoin, it takes about 10 minutes to calculate the required proof-of-work and add a new block to the chain.

image.png.8432092f7f24884903d7eb472e9fc121.png

This mechanism makes it very hard for hackers to temper with the blocks. Because if someone tampered with one block, he/she needs to recalculate the proof-of-work for all the following blocks.

image.png.92428e3896a6f0ea0c8b7cf5a86ca87c.png

Although these methods of securing the chain of blocks, the Blockchain secure them selves also by being 

Distributed.

Instead of using a central entity to manage the chain, Blockchain use a peer-to-peer network and anyone is allowed to join.

Let's explain how this thing works.

Actually, when somebody wants to enter and join the network of blockchain, he/she will gets the full copy of the blockchain.

So that, the nodes (Members of the network) can use it to verify that every thing is still in order.

And when someone creates a new block, this block is sent to everyone on the peer-to-peer network.

image.png.55501d0a18441613e13ac78186d7a478.png

Then each node verifies the new block to make sure that it has not been tampered with, and if everything checks out, each node adds this new block to his own blockchain.

So, Blocks that are tampered with, will be rejected by other nodes in the network.

Which means, to successfully tamper with a blockchain, you will need to tamper with all the blocks on the chain, redo the 

Proof-Of-Work

for each block and take control of more than 50% of the peer-to-peer network.

Only then, your tampered block will be accepted by everyone on the network which is almost impossible to be done.

image.png.95a51deaaad4f6fae933a2f0fdef6a9c.png

What do you think after all that security methods?

Support me with your information.

@Omar98 yes my dear first of all thanks for sharing this piece of information with crypto Talk members this piece of information will be helpful for everyone are working here members. It was very long and and getting some time but I got some experience from your post and thanks for sharing this experience with us,  I will try to apply these all methods and advices and knowledge in my own working method. Miss you all the best my friend for future posting material for us. On the other hand if we see the security of Crypto talk is very amazing and hard. And it is very helpful for us because it is free from scammers and other fake persons. So thank you for sharing this information with us. 💞🥰

• +2 1

Hello, I have a question regarding the blocks that are created, does this have something to do with how long bitcoin takes to make a transfer?
Since sometimes it has been seen that a miner comes to accept the transfer, but I have also heard that it takes time to accept it because the fee is low, so you have to pay a higher rate.

I am very happy that these security measures are put in place to secure all of our earnings in the crypto world from hackers and scammers who are trying to steal them and I hope that more steps will be implemented to keep away the hackers.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:38 PM, Gamma said:

@Omar98 great wxplanation my friend !

This would make it very easy for people who are not familiar with crypto technology to understand why the blockchain is super safe from being hacked.

Many people read about the PoW but they still dont get it because the get lost in the technical details of it. But this made sure to cover all kinds of audience

Am still not okay by the topic proof of work but with this little explanation I believed that some didn't understand how it work and also hackers is scammers do want to join the forum without following forum pop procedures so that they will cheat but with the cryptocurrency technology their will not have any way to do that thanks.

Positive likes is proof of your post that your work is very good and people are reading and understanding what you comment and trying to see from your perspective.So what you get likes is the proof that the work you are doing is right. 

On 12/31/2020 at 11:07 AM, Ahmad N Ahmad said:

Am still not okay by the topic proof of work but with this little explanation I believed that some didn't understand how it work and also hackers is scammers do want to join the forum without following forum pop procedures so that they will cheat but with the cryptocurrency technology their will not have any way to do that thanks.

The thing that  got it by your comment is that you did not understand the PoW very well, did I get you well?

Anyway, I suggest you to read my previous topics which might help you in understanding the things I am talking about here. And if you need any help I am ready to answer as much as I know.

Good luck.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

12 hours ago, derxut said:

That is interesting. I did not know anything about the entire blockchain system. Thank you for taking the trouble to collect and order the information, sure that many new users will better understand bitcoin and its way of operating. greetings colleague and good luck

You are most welcome my friend. I always do my best to make the topics useful as much as I can in order to obtain the rules of the platform here and to help all members to learn while they are earning money so that they can gain the whole profit of working here. 

BetFury                                                   

@nazmul oo7 @davy22

The truth is there is  a lot of effort to which  its really important , its important to work  with this kind of knowledge , its really important to find solution to what is the right thing to do right now we have different things that we are able to find out there we are always going to get this kind of information in this place its really a good thing to use this site to get this article learnt a lot from it 

• +3 1

@Omar98 Thank you for sharing this useful post with everyone of us in order to have a safe account. You have really done a good and explanatory topic giving us a better understanding on Blockchain and how it can be prevented from being hacked. I believe we all learn from this topic greatly.

• Useful or interesting 1

I am still learning everything related to cryptocurrency and this makes me not to have any knowledge on this topic because i don't have any knowledge on cryptocurrency Blockchain but I think i have picked something little even if not much with the level of my understanding on cryptocurrency.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:15 PM, SanyaPivo4ka said:

You can't do without a hash in cryptocurrencies, or rather in the blockchain. Each block forms its own unique hash and it is written to the next block along with new transactions and miners again find the hash of this block and add it to the next one. This is done so that the history of the blockchain cannot be rewritten.

I agree with you, a lot of information about Blockchain can not be written due to the variety of information that the history of Blockchain has.

But the only thing that we can do is to learn and read as much as we can about blockchain in order to know the mechanism that it is working on so we can understand the things around us now a days.

BetFury                                                   

Oh man. You did a amazing job here. Your good is really good. Thanks for the post. You explain some good topics which is really cool. This will help for all of us. Hopefully admin, moderator will see this. And in next update in future they may think about this and include this.        

As we know and as I have talked about in my previous topic, Blockchain uses something called Hashes to make the chain of blocks and the method of adding new blocks more secure. But to tell the truth, using Hashes is not enough to prevent tempering.

Nowadays, computers are being very fast and they can calculate hundreds of these hashes per second.

Hackers can effectively temper with the block and recalculate all the hashes of the blocks to make the blockchain valid again like nothing happened.

Proof-of-work.

In the Blockchain of Bitcoin, it takes about 10 minutes to calculate the required proof-of-work and add a new block to the chain.

This mechanism makes it very hard for hackers to temper with the blocks. Because if someone tampered with one block, he/she needs to recalculate the proof-of-work for all the following blocks.

Although these methods of securing the chain of blocks, the Blockchain secure them selves also by being 

Distributed.

Instead of using a central entity to manage the chain, Blockchain use a peer-to-peer network and anyone is allowed to join.

Actually, when somebody wants to enter and join the network of blockchain, he/she will gets the full copy of the blockchain.

So that, the nodes (Members of the network) can use it to verify that every thing is still in order.

And when someone creates a new block, this block is sent to everyone on the peer-to-peer network.

Then each node verifies the new block to make sure that it has not been tampered with, and if everything checks out, each node adds this new block to his own blockchain.

So, Blocks that are tampered with, will be rejected by other nodes in the network.

Which means, to successfully tamper with a blockchain, you will need to tamper with all the blocks on the chain, redo the 

Proof-Of-Work

Only then, your tampered block will be accepted by everyone on the network which is almost impossible to be done.

This amazing platform requires a lot of people like you who shares great content like this. I appreciate your knowledge that you have shared with us. It is a very important and useful piece of information. 

Thank you for this valuable information. We have to prove our work because it is a safe and effective method. There are a lot of piracy and fraudsters who are trying to disrupt our work.

Hello my friend, this world, the world of cryptocurrencies and digital currencies, is a large and wide world that has proven its worth, and still is, and will become stronger in the future because it is trustworthy and its members are increasing, continuing

When we do our work in a good way Then proof of that is not given He himself comes in front of everyone Everybody knows well That if it would work wrongly Then their account will be closed So everyone uses their minds And doing a great job 

Proof-of-work.

Distributed.

Proof-Of-Work

We have to prove our work because it is a safe and effective method. Each block forms its own unique hash and it is written to the next block along with new transactions and miners again find the hash of this block and add it to the next one.

Hello everyone I'm imerging  member of this fourm and I'm gaining knowledge here about digital courancy and marketing afairs and I have learn a lot and this post is really helpful and contain information as we all know cryptotalk is a good opportunity for us to learn and earn

Yeah this is really great for us. Now we can easily solve our all problem easily by blockchain. So this is the really new experience for us. We hope it will be very helpful for all of us. I think it's may increase the number of members in crypto currency.

The proof of work is good because when you proof your work that is when you realize you errors or mistakes that you have made in your work and you will e able to correct yourself.

Thank you for creating this useful topic bro I don have much knowledge about blockchain but reading your topic make me aquire some ideas that i don't know, so i appreciate you my friend for your time that you give make this important topic which might benefit alot of people most especially new members joining crypto newly don't have much knowledge.

Hello my friend, I will appreciate your post and thanks for sharing this useful and informative post with us, you sharing a payment proof with us it is good for all specially for newbies take care..

Hi ..

Its a really explaination proof of work .you are wright .you shuold proud our work .This ia very helpful topic .in this we would know what is the meaning of work .

This is the method of securing account .

We need also more information to cver the rest of proof of work .i can the bets of its information where a new benifict topic.Thankyou mamber for always keep this .

Good luck .