What if someone lost his Bitcoin wallet? - Page 23 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
SuperCrypto

What if someone lost his Bitcoin wallet?

There are several platforms or wallets where they allow you to recover your wallet in case you have forgotten it, but it is advisable to take good care of your passwords

Many wallets at the time of configuring them give you a set of words to store to be able to recover your wallet later in case of change of mobile, loss of the password, or that your application is uninstalled due to some error. This makes it possible to recover your wallet with all its cryptos. In my case I use Enjin Wallet, and it gives me a set of 12 words for recovering my wallet anywhere. It is super patched to have these words or the password of the wallet always offline, on a blank paper. This prevents your data from being stolen in the future. Good luck.

I always try to save more than 1 backup copy because I already lost once that thank God I only had a few dollars and I forgot the password and I did not find the security keys, since then I try to have more security and care with the passwords and copies of security.

Well, first of all, I was able to differentiate between hot and cold types of wallets. The hot ones would come to be those that are backed by a company like exod .. coinba .. etc and if you have some ways to recover them like backing up keywords, on the other hand there is the cold ones that will simply generate a public address and another private one and you become fully responsible for this information if you lose it because it was lost forever. The difference is that the cold are completely safe and the hot ones are safe but there is always the possibility.

On the off chance that you lost your private key, at that point your access to that wallet is lost too. That implies your bitcoin still stay in blockchain - and won't be deducted in the current flexibly. On the off chance that quantum PC can break your private key, at that point they can get to your coin (later on)

In order to store your cryptocurrencies you will need a wallet, in that wallet is where you can have all your coins including Bitcoin. At the time of creating it, she has the virtue of giving you between 12 or 24 phrases which will serve to restore the portfolio in case of loss. These phrases should be written down on a site that only you have access to because if someone else gets them, they can literally steal your wallet. Finally, the only way that you cannot recover your portfolio is that you lose the recovery phrases.

• +5 1

Well, the only way to recover your wallet is to enter your seed phrases, otherwise it is most likely that you will not be able to recover it again, if it is in coinbase you will only need to enter your password. 

I personally use localbitcoins and it is very easy to access your wallet even if you forget your email and password, apart from renewing your wallet once a year.

Yes. I read some histories about situations, when people lost their bitcoin wallets keys and mnemonic phrase. One man found his cold wallet with l50 BTC, which he earned in 20ll. He don't remember any password and phrases about that wallet. So we can consider those l50 BTC like burned.

It is a common case that sometimes direct access to our wallet is lost, that is why the incapié is always done when creating our wallet, the corresponding backup of our security keys must be made.

Without these keys on hand, the wallet cannot be recovered if access is lost. And the money stored there will be completely lost.

He always highlighted the fact that if we audit our money consistently and activating the different security schemes such as private keys, Google authentication, etc. We will not have problems in the future and our capital will always be available to be managed at any time.

this situation is hard really as you dont have a much of a choice its either try to recover your account or just delete it feels sad when your hard work gets lost and gets wasted for all.

If you lose all access to your wallet it will just forever exist in blockchain as i know. And there is no way to get back what you lost, so better to have a few copies of wallet keys.

On 12/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, SuperCrypto said:

as if it had been burned, right?

Yes, it is just like burning the coins.

We should be really very careful about our wallet backup keys. Some people save this in online but it is another wrong step. we can lose our money if others get it.

If a person loses his wallet, he has some ways to get it back, if he has a backup of his sentences and his class. But it would be a big problem, especially if you do not remember your security phrases or your password.

The wallet is basically a tool enabling you to make a transaction entry on the bitcoin blockchain sending bitcoins you have received to another address. Without the wallet's private key any bitcoins sent to you just remain stuck at the last blockchain entry, unspendable by anyone.

Yes, it is a very important topic 

You must save your 12 phrases words because they are the only way to enter your wallet again

No one can have access to his wallet so it's impossible to get his bitcoins back that's why we must save our Private Key/12 Words backup in a safe place to save the wallet and avoid losing it.

we must take care of our wallet of cryptomendas, there are platforms that are strict with the security of their accounts, I personally recommend, a physical ledger, it is safer to store our assets there

if you lost your wallet you will lost your money so be carful as much as you can  save your key in saf place to avoid this disaster to hapen and good luck .

• -3 1

I believe that if you lose your bitcoin wallet, you must have a key to retrieve it, or a set of words that provides you with the wallet to retrieve it. These keys should be stored very well in a place where no one can access them.

U must keep your privete key safly , 

If u lost your wallet u can get it again by the privete key 

But if u lost the privete key u will lose your btc

Not your key not your bitcoin bro 

Something similar happened, I lost the key to my wallet a while ago and I could never recover my funds. I recommend you make several copies of your private keys, if it is possible to write it on a paper and keep it in a safe place, one day you will need it And you won't have a bad time like it happened to me. Greeting

That's a sad story my friend. If you lost your wallet that basically means that you lost of your funds and coins. If you wanna safely store all of your coins I recommend using cold wallet that is connected to your PC via USB port or cable. That will easily safe your money and investments from thiefs, mistakes and taxes. Sounds good, right?