Lots of Thread/Topic Necromancers lately - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

Lots of Thread/Topic Necromancers lately

On 1/24/2020 at 12:01 PM, Crypto123 said:

Believe it or not, my dear, you put your hand on the exact place of pain, this is what is happening to me completely, many of my topics and my responses have been deleted so I became afraid to write a new topic and get tired in it so that it is not deleted after that without a clear reason, as well as the responses to New posts Nobody guarantees that they will not be deleted. So, I found the best way to try out old topics.

Post and topic only get deleted when any member create a topic in forum which is already available here.. Also some time our post get deleted only if the topic get deleted where we make post.. This is why before make any post on any topic first read the topic information with your best and then if you think the post is enough good then make a post there..

• +1 1

Some orders topics are yet to be closed by the moderators. Especially in the Wallet section, scammers are preparing the nests to commit an endless spamming with the generic comments. Some discussion threads are already dead but users are still loving to plot utterly nonsense posts, clean up process is expected once again. 

• +2 1

On 2/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, Whited35 said:

Some orders topics are yet to be closed by the moderators. Especially in the Wallet section, scammers are preparing the nests to commit an endless spamming with the generic comments. Some discussion threads are already dead but users are still loving to plot utterly nonsense posts, clean up process is expected once again. 

Some members are unable to close their old and expired topics for many reasons, among them is either they are inactive, have no idea how to do so, or are just plain lazy.

Myself, I already requested for half a dozen or so of my old topics closed. Better to have them closed "by my own hands", so to speak.

I've also requested topics from other members to be closed as well, but with self-imposed restrictions. For one thing, the creator must be at least half a year inactive. Then the topic itself should be irrelevant today. And finally, somebody tried necro'ing that topic with useless content.

If mods decide one day that it is time for a "lockdown season" for old topics, I'll be sure to lend a hand. 😉

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +5 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

40 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

Some members are unable to close their old and expired topics for many reasons, among them is either they are inactive, have no idea how to do so, or are just plain lazy.

Especially, Bitcoin price prediction for 2019 is irrelevant for now but such topics are still opened for discussions. If you have spare time, visit topics in the " Wallet" Section. Scammers have found  the new trick to cheat there specially in the older topics. 

42 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

Myself, I already requested for half a dozen or so of my old topics closed. Better to have them closed "by my own hands", so to speak.

I requested to close my own topics and fortunately, moderators have closed my more than 6 topics so far.

43 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

If mods decide one day that it is time for a "lockdown season" for old topics, I'll be sure to lend a hand. 😉

Put this message in "Dialogue with administration" thread. 

• +2 1

22 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Especially, Bitcoin price prediction for 2019 is irrelevant for now but such topics are still opened for discussions. If you have spare time, visit topics in the " Wallet" Section. Scammers have found  the new trick to cheat there specially in the older topics. 

I've checked the Wallets section. Old Q&A topics should be safe enough to be locked, the creator should have gotten a lot of answers from those 20+ pages already 😅 . Information topics, it will depend on whether or not it has exhausted itself. Spammers in the open-ended questions and discussion topics are to be dealt with individually.

I still need to follow the criteria I set forth in my previous comment above. Going too far will only make me feel like a moderator, which can be bad if it goes to my head 😅 .

But despite these self-imposed limitations, I've found and reported some old topics in that section today that deserves to be closed, and it is now up to the mods whether to act on the reports or not. I will check out the rest tomorrow or one of these days.

23 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Put this message in "Dialogue with administration" thread. 

I think such a drastic measure is not yet urgently needed. The mods are doing a good job so far.

image.png.2860b24c1cc720a26229bbd5468665ca.png

If memory serves, total topics before the October flooding last year was around 15500+ or so. Today the total topics are indicated in the picture above. It could have been more, especially now that we have many new topics in both language sections over these past few months. But mods are silently deleting the most obvious old and irrelevant topics, and the ones we are seeing are the not-so-obvious leftovers.

If there is another upcoming airdrop like the ones last year, and the forum gets flooded again, of course that's another story 🙂 .

• +5 1

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

36 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

I've checked the Wallets section. Old Q&A topics should be safe enough to be locked, the creator should have gotten a lot of answers from those 20+ pages already 😅 . Information topics, it will depend on whether or not it has exhausted itself. Spammers in the open-ended questions and discussion topics are to be dealt with individually.

I ask you to check the reply pages according to the reverse counts in "Wallet" section say page numbers 20,19, 18,... and so on. Scammers have not told more than following points:-

• This wallet is very good
  • Payment fee is very low
  • It is very safe wallet
  • I am using this for a long time
  • Cold wallet is safer than hot wallet

Actually, repeating the same generic phrases is the another crime and scammers have found wallet section as a hub land and I have been closely monitoring their activities by bookmarking their profiles one by one. 

41 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

I think such a drastic measure is not yet urgently needed. The mods are doing a good job so far.

As I have mentioned above, there is no sense to keep open such topics because no genuine response will there except the generic re-occurring points. 

42 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

If there is another upcoming airdrop like the ones last year, and the forum gets flooded again, of course that's another story 🙂 .

Oh no 😁 Moderators will be expecting 10 arms to clean the forum 🤣

• +4 1

5 hours ago, Al-Wassouf said:

There are many old topics, but distinct and rich in information, it is important to revive these topics to reach the newly joined members of the forum, and thus help them understand the rules of the forum, learn the basics of crypto, and know the history of cryptocurrencies and their fluctuations during the past year.

Yes, reviving old but still useful and relevant topics may be important, but how exactly are the members going to do that? Posting rehashed comments from previous posts? Equally important to reviving older topics should be posting updated content as well. Anything less than that and that member will only end up with a spammy-looking post.

(Bumping topics is allowed though, but with restrictions.)

There are many old topics and be rich in information, or with the necessary instructions to understand the rules of the forum, and it is important that we continue to comment on them from time to time, until they reach the largest number of newcomers to the forum, and thus benefit from their content.