Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 35 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

This depends on the type of currency in which you are investing, for example if a currency has not appreciated for a whole year, then this is a stupid investment ....

I think long term holding is just riskier than short, long term value could change significantly, but you could be lucky. On the other hand you have short term, if you loose, probably not much (as in long term) but you still should be carful, better choose a good coin 

I think that keeping losses is not the stupidest decision. This is the essence of long-term holding of cryptocurrency, that your investment can go bankrupt, but then come back and grow even more. The main thing is not to take risks, and not to wait for huge profit percentages when you have already received a good percentage.

Long-term ones have their advantages, as well as short-term ones.The fact is that many do not want to wait long for long term investments to make a profit but in the case of mildly urgent ones you need to constantly monitor the market and devote more time to this.But without saying that there are no risks at all in long-term investments, of course there are many cases when coins have ceased to exist.I like to take short-term investments for me it is ineteresneee.but you can choose for yourself

becouse people think they will lose money but according to my canculations this is good and you can cut down good money)

On 10/28/2019 at 4:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

Well there are people who don't believe in letting the money to just sit on the wallet. This is what hodling is all about, buy and store. So some people prefer to invest their money and make profits along the way than to let the money sit on the wallet. Actually I think that there is nothing wrong with both. It's a matter of choice and also time.

some people think long term holding is bad because in online there are many site recently scammed. Scammers trying to stay a long time  in internet for scamming all money. Thats why many people think it is bad. 

• +4 1

Because many people want fast return, if we expect a fast return, then we aren't investor but we are trader, and being a trader is more high risk to loss money than a investor/holder, so because of this, personally I'm investing 80% of my portfolio, and 20% for trading because trading is high risk, and if I'm loss in trading, i want to make sure that my long term holding can cover my losses.

In my opinion, because if you invest on long term holding, and price will decrease, you will urgently need money and have to a sell for a bad price, but if you are a rich human, who have enough money for life and invest, then you will not have problems with it 

It seems to me that people think that holding a coin for a long time brings little profit. But I don't think so, if you look at btc, its price may change by 50% over the year, which is a lot.

the holding doesn't have anything else wrong with it, rather it is an excellent way to increase your capital in the long term, as long as you know what you are doing and what project you are investing in, what happens is that many people think in the short term, but not in the long term

I agree, the growth of cryptocurrencies in the market will soon grow, but regarding the long-term freeze I don't think it suits me as someone with small amounts of cryptocurrency, and this is similar to the case of a large percentage of investors

On 10/28/2019 at 6:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

It depends on people and what you ve invested. If its a good project it would be reasonable to hodl, if its not you ll face to loose. A short advice to you, do not take any advice about investing or hodling. If you believe in a project then invest or hodl, make it your choice otherwise you d regret.

I believe that there is risk on both sides, in the short and long term, it is only a matter
 of knowing and knowing very well the project you are joining and the cryptocurrency you use.
 For that reason, the ideal is always to read and research very well before making any
 decision

I think holding is bad
I can't be patient to hold anything for long time and i think most of the people are looking for a quick profit

Long term investing seems to make sense in the first place. After all, if you want to invest for your retirement, that is for long term right? There are many empirical studies with 20 to 30 years historical data to justify this argument. It says that if you were an average investor and held a basket of index stocks, you are almost certain to make money if you stay invested for long enough.

But the truth is, the traditional way of long term investment is not suitable for most people, and it will almost always cost you a big fortune, especially in today’s market.

On 28.10.2019 at 05:55, saintelincon said:

I think some people very like “fast money” and not want wait. Some people think, that long term holding is stupid and they are engaged in trading.

Edited by smsprocs

I think the concept of long term holding is actually good especially if you are very sure about your own predictions. It would save you time on eyeing towards the price ranges in the market and also will somehow save you to the multiple risks you might encounter in contrast to long term holding. The only thing I think why they say it is silly to hold too much to the coin that you have is because the price of the crypto currency is volatile that means its price ranges would be constantly going ups and downs which is why I think they thought it would be a better idea if you should constantly engaging in the trade market.  

In fact, long-term holding has many advantages and huge profits, but they don't realize that they may not have much money to live with, so they will want to spend money quickly on the needs of their life.

In the event that you are a broker, clearly you will go with present moment to medium term exchanges. However, in the event that you are only a regular person without the exchanging experience, at that point long haul holding is a smart thought as bitcoin is a store of value.Bitcoin is a disinflationary cash, implying that over the long haul, the flexibly will essentially stablilize, and cost will climb consistently as more individuals use bitcoin, request goes up by gracefully can't be altered.I truly believe that you are simply pungent that you didn't get into the bull run beforehand.Obviously, momentary exchanging can produce you more benefit, yet with that expanded profitibility, comes an a lot bigger danger.

29 minutes ago, jesusalbarran said:

It's not really bad. Only when making a holding you must be sure in which asset you are going to do it. In the world of cryptocurrency there is a very varied and extensive range and if you decide to make retention with a project with no long-term future, of course you will not obtain good results which will lead you to think that the system is not suitable.
I think it's a matter of in-depth study and knowing how to choose

I think in this way as you. Long term holding is not bad. You should be more attentive than as usual and check positions. Hope this make sense.

Depending on which coins to keep for the long term, if coins or tokens are promising and cool developers, then you can leave it for a long time and the price will only grow. Many are simply burned on bad projects, and therefore they say so that it is not necessary to store for a long time

Many think cryptocurrencies will not last in time, they will collapse, they are just a bubble, and therefore think that holding is risky