Lost bitcoin and demand of circulated bitcoin - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Lost bitcoin and demand of circulated bitcoin

I agree, a lot of funds have been lost in the early days of bitcoin when people would have hundreds of bitcoins and not care, because the price was so low so they would forget about it.

• +1 1

All the lost Bitcoin and the one million Satoshi Bitcoins are making the supply of Bitcoin being less. It can be three million right now less but there are some wallets that are dormant by early miners and oppening at times. We can't know the lost Bitcoin for certain.

• +2 1

On 10/27/2019 at 3:04 AM, xBDT Script said:

We all know that there will be only 21m bitcoin and that is it. There are no more once all of them will be mined. Now question is - will we have exactly 21m bitcoin in circulation? Simple commonsense answer is that a big "No".

There are over 4m bitcoin already has been lost and each day we see people are looking for ways of how to recover their lost fund. I in face lost one of my wallet seed even not long ago. Well I know this are not even number considering the millions of lost bitcoin.

We can assume that the million bitcoin satoshi has - lost

They guy who lost his hard drive and could not find - lost

These are some I can remember now but the list is really long and if you have something in mind then please comment of the post.

Anyway this was not the goal of this topic. The goal is - When we lose any bitcoin I mean when we are losing our private key then it actually increase the value of the bitcoin we have in circulation. Imagine simple supply and demand chart:

O7vr0Ji.jpg

Less means more demand and more demand means the value increase. And if we compare the value with the current fiat system then we will be millionaires some day if not billionaires. Just hold few bitcoins!

I think that when the mining of BTC is finished it will rise a lot in value, so the main strategy would be everyone's to invest in BTC now that it has an accessible price to buy many gractions.

• +1 1

Losing a coin is a really big problem because once you lose it you can never get it back or retrieve it from the lucky address owner. It's like everyday there are lots of users who lose their coins because they are not careful, they should always give attention in the details first before confirm the transaction.

• +1 1

It's true and the more we lost the BTC become less in market and the lost BTC provide support to the price. Things if going like this we have to come out for way to recover the lost BTC. Because the number of BTC is limited to 21M. And demand is increasing day by day. Then it will increases more if the number of circulating goes low. So we can say that if ones lost his seed of BTC wallet he is losing BTC which will give him many times higher profit of current.

We all know that the amount of bitcoin is cut from time to time, that is what makes the price of bitcoin increase and that bitcoin is higher in value, already happened in this year was cut the amount of bitcoin with the fact called "Halving of bitcoin", but we know that bitcoin will be less and less so it is better to have.

My friend, this is what I think that the Bitcoin currency is not all negotiable within the markets because the Bitcoin currency has not been fully counted, including only 80 percent has been put forward and the total number is 21 million pieces and this is a great thing and one of the most important advantages of Bitcoin Thank you

• +2 1

I have been wondering how much has been lost so far. 4 million sounds about right. I haven't had time to check. It's sad though. I think the developers need to find a way to identify which currency is actually lost and then recover it from the block chain and start re-circulating it again

• +5 1

The bitcoins lost except that they add to the demand, those that are verified to be not able to be retrieved should be removed from the total supply, this will give a better idea about the market cap of Bitcoin. The problem is we don't know for certain how many these are and nobody can prove that they lost Bitcoins.

If we calculate the loss of those bitcoin amount which are remain in our wallet. We can not yransfer and send the whole amount of bitcoin from online wallet to other wallet and exchanges. There are milliins of inline wallets

Edited by Jacky clark
  • +4 1

I recommend to everyone you know and that I can pass on information is that you buy btc without a doubt you should always invest in it in the long term so that they fall in love with the profits in the future.

On 10/27/2019 at 3:04 AM, xBDT Script said:

We all know that there will be only 21m bitcoin and that is it. There are no more once all of them will be mined. Now question is - will we have exactly 21m bitcoin in circulation? Simple commonsense answer is that a big "No".

There are over 4m bitcoin already has been lost and each day we see people are looking for ways of how to recover their lost fund. I in face lost one of my wallet seed even not long ago. Well I know this are not even number considering the millions of lost bitcoin.

These are some I can remember now but the list is really long and if you have something in mind then please comment of the post.

Anyway this was not the goal of this topic. The goal is - When we lose any bitcoin I mean when we are losing our private key then it actually increase the value of the bitcoin we have in circulation. Imagine simple supply and demand chart:

O7vr0Ji.jpg

Less means more demand and more demand means the value increase. And if we compare the value with the current fiat system then we will be millionaires some day if not billionaires. Just hold few bitcoins!

It is one of the main causes of the high price of BTC and in my opinion it is very good because this will greatly increase its value and thus attract much more attention from large companies and large nations will begin to see the potential that BTC has.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:04 AM, xBDT Script said:

O7vr0Ji.jpg

Yes, really, there is a lot of Bitcoin that was recently lost due to the death of its owners. These currencies may never be recovered, and this means a decrease in the amount of Bitcoin in the market

• +3 1

On 10/27/2019 at 9:04 AM, xBDT Script said:

O7vr0Ji.jpg

I really do not think that the supply can decrease greatly because Bitcoin is very limited, but perhaps the currencies in the lost private wallets will be recovered later. Some wallets withdraw the tokens if a long time has passed since the last use

19 hours ago, abd1992 said:

Yes, really, there is a lot of Bitcoin that was recently lost due to the death of its owners. These currencies may never be recovered, and this means a decrease in the amount of Bitcoin in the market

The death of the owner was only a small part of what we consider lost Bitcoins, also, recently Bitcoins are not lost very often as in the early years, because people understand the value it has, it was only in the early days of mining in 2009-2011 when most of Bitcoins were lost due to a hardware failure, not backing up the keys and sometimes with the death of the owner as said.

lost bitcoins are already priced in though what is not is the future demand, but maybe some chance when any latest technology will open this locked wallets to recover

• +1 1

The more that the coins of Bitcoin is low the more that bitcoin will have a higher price and a higher value in the market but what comes next is depends on the situation after years.

I have never thought that so many bitcoin were lost, like 4 millions is so huge number which definitely influenced on the cryptocurrency market in some important way.

There will not remain only 21 million bitcoins because many of the wallets may be lost or the owners of some of the wallets will die and their currencies will be lost and therefore there will be a decrease in the number of bitcoin I expect that the percentage of lost currencies that cannot be recovered and compensated by launching the lost allowance will be studied

I think that the loss of some of their currencies does not affect the future or activity of Bitcoin and the currency because there is half and division and every inflation is fixed in the currency and it is good to keep these lost currencies in which no one disposes to keep the currency stable

Thinking about what amount has been lost up until this point. 4 million sounds about right. I haven't had the opportunity to check. It's dismal however. I think the engineers need to figure out how to distinguish which money is really lost and afterward recoup it from the square chain and start re-coursing it once more

I think this pleasant bitter truth might inspire developers to create the systems to make the recovery options for the lost Bitcoin. Can you imagine the price of that much lost Bitcoin which is just become worthless now ? If we were able to recover them, we might be able to help poor people in this world

Well, if the value of bitcoin were to increase by losing some bitcoin currencies with unintended errors but would still be a big loss in the end for the whole world.

Most of these 4 million coins that have not been moved should be considered irretrievable. No sane person wouldn't have sold at 20K highs. Perhaps just a few thousand of these will ever be discovered and sold. Most won't though. This reduces the number of Bitcoin's in existence by 4million. It also adds value to the rest of the Bitcoins. Right now we have 18m in circulation. Removing these 4million makes the number 14m only and the maximum cap of Bitcoins at 21m

Perhaps there will be ways to recover those missing bitcoins in the near future, allowing us to have a total of 21 million bitcoins in circulation after all bitcoins have been mined, but I believe that lost bitcoins contribute to the coin's high demand because there will be a scarcity, driving up the price.