Don't Provide Your Identity To Any Website! - Page 12 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Cammer

Don't Provide Your Identity To Any Website!

If you have to be very careful in leaving your identity on websites that we do not know, because most of them are fraudulent, if for any reason they are going to do so, take all your time to ensure its reliability and legality.

12 minutes ago, JhoserLG said:

If you have to be very careful in leaving your identity on websites that we do not know, because most of them are fraudulent, if for any reason they are going to do so, take all your time to ensure its reliability and legality.

Sometimes It's hard to bust fake projects but honestly I don't see that as much a big problem. Government owns your documentation allready:)

You're right, but lately almost all airdrops and exchanges ask for KYC verification, I think the trick is knowing how to distinguish which can be scamm and avoid them

I agree. They should not provide identity, much less personal documents, to exchanges and websites without first knowing if they are legitimate and reliable websites. There are many websites that turn out to be scammers, but there are also others that are very trustworthy and there is no risk. Investigate and make sure friends first.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, Cammer said:

Hello dear friends. 

A lot of websites, especially Airdrops websites, require KYC or identity verification in order to get the free bonus for example. 

However, some of these sites might be scam and could steal your ID very easily!

So please, do some researches before sharing your ID.

This happens more times than one might believe, but I agree with you to do some research before doing the KYC or ID verification, such as looking for opinions about that website or how reliable it is.

Hello dear friends. 

A lot of websites, especially Airdrops websites, require KYC or identity verification in order to get the free bonus for example. 

There are sites that are very reliable and possibly respect the identity and documentation that is sent to them in order to pass the KYC, others simply need to try to investigate their reputation, read forums or ask more experienced people for feedback

On 25/5/2020 at 8:13, Cammer said:

Hola queridos amigos. 

Muchos sitios web, especialmente los sitios web de Airdrops, requieren KYC o verificación de identidad para obtener el bono gratuito, por ejemplo. 

Sin embargo, algunos de estos sitios pueden ser una estafa y podrían robar su identificación muy fácilmente.

Así que, por favor, investigue un poco antes de compartir su identificación.

I agree with you, but not all airdrops are scams, of course we must be aware that we should not give our KYC, in my opinion I do not usually give my identity for this type of airdrop

Thank you very much for the clarification, it is also good to add that it is preferable not to use the cell phone to make transfers, since it is one of the sites where personal data can be stolen most easily, preferably from a computer with a good antivirus system and that has key security.

That´s what i like from yobit, that they care about our rights and privacy, and they don´t ask us for personal Id or documents at all. This makes Yobit a great exchange that respect the users using it.

This is a sensitive issue, you always have to verify the reliability of the page when you are going to provide personal data. For example, when a page that puts as validation of the project that the user elaborates a KYC to be verified, it is very risky if a newly created page does it, there is always the option that they can sell our identity.

Hello dear friends. 

I have mixed feelings with your post because although it is true that some pages take your identity for bad deeds there are platforms and pages that take them to rule out that you are not a robot or something like that.

I do not think so. She is asking for that because she does not want to get the offer again and not for security purposes. Nevertheless, the ban must be taken from the reputation of the sites that request it.

There are occasions where many pages ask you for some type of document commonly known KYC but you have to know where one is going to deliver those documents and verify that it is a secure site such as exchanges

I have really done more than once the activation through kyc for some pages in my country but it is not something that I recommend but sometimes it is necessary, one of the qualities that yobit has is that it does not require verification with kyc and takes care of our privacy

Strongly agree but it is a shame that many people fall on platforms that are scams and we give them our data, personally I have fallen into many airdrops that require verifications and even do certain tasks and they never paid me, but hey that is the experience that one is acquiring so as not to fall into later scams

I try not to provide my ID to sites I'm not familiar with, but even trusted places can eventually got your data leaked. No one is safe on the internet lol

Unfortunately, anonymity is not always possible since most countries have a series of regulations that practically forces you to give your data to a website in order to use their services, otherwise they deny you: c
Although there are also alternative services that do not ask to confirm identity, these are very scarce and not so practical, the reason: there are not so many people using them or the capital they have is not enough to be able to improve the services they offer.
On the other hand, the use of what is known as KYC also has its positive side, since this way it is more likely that if for some reason you lose access to these services you can recover them by checking your identity...

• Useful or interesting 1

Thanks for your comment. providing identity to anyone through  the internet is very dangerous because scammers can abuse your identity. everone should be cautious when asked by different pplatforms for providing identity

Edited by david51

Absolutely true, although if we go to the case of some exchanges is almost mandatory method of KYC. But in case of an Airdrops, clearly it is something risky, I think it is already the user's decision if he wants to share his data or not to the page that offers the airdrop

most of the airdrops do not need kyc but in some exchanges they ask for it although in the same way you can buy and sell without doing kyc it will only increase the daily shipping amount

In these times we give our id to anyone, that is true but in most exchanges it is necessary to pass a KYC and give our id or driver's license to part of our photo.:classic_love:
What should we do? Check first if it is worth it for all platforms, exchanges and even wallets to have our data when we will only use ... at most 3 or 4 applications and 3 exchanges ... you decide.:classic_blink:

As always be good and enjoy.:classic_rolleyes:

It is really worrying what certain web pages do when they require kyc and then it is not known if that data is sold to third parties, companies or some unscrupulous entity. You have to research very well before giving our data...

To register your credentials on a website it is essential to first investigate its reputation, because it is true that many sites are fraudulent and only seek to usurp your information, both yours and your computer.