What is hard fork. - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ch Ayyan

What is hard fork.

Solid forks means that the transfer from old equipment to new. Cryptocurrency has properties updated.  And it's helpful for all the members. 

On 9/28/2020 at 11:02 AM, Sykkuno said:

A fork doesn't happen every four years, where did you read that? If you found something saying about this give us the source please to read. A fork happens when it is decided by everyone in Bitcoin and it has to do with changes in the code, what happens almost every four years is the halving and this is not a hard fork or any change because it exists already.

Thank you for explaining and I've read this post and thought that I remember correctly, I was confused by the OP and what he said as I learn that a hard fork is not happening every four years. I will read more about it but this article maybe needs to be flagged by the forum as it contains mistakes about information that we need to know.

• +2 1

I don't know if you have difficulties when writing a new post but you have to edit this one and fix many mistakes. For what the post is talking about the hard fork is something like what you said or found written somewhere else. Probably you don't exactly understand it as in case most miners don't upgrade and still use the old rules then they will be the dominant chain and these transactions will be valid.

• +2 1

Hardfork is the introduction of a new rule to the blockchain system, which requires updating the software, since it is not compatible with the old software. Thus, if you run the old program, then it considers all new transactions invalid, since the changes made as a result of hardfork violate the essence of the new protocol.

If the whole community is ready to accept this, then an update takes place, and everyone works as before, but already on the new software. If there is a group of people who are against these changes, then the community splits. This means that on the basis of one company two different ones with a similar name appear, but have different currencies, rates and ideals. For example, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic, etc.

On 3/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, Ch Ayyan said:

Hi dear  members.  Do you know   the hard fork. A hard fork  is any change that's backward  compatibility. Running the old  software will

See any  New  transactions as invalid. It means  they need  to update  now. It happens about  after  every  4 years.

Thanks for the useful term. I've often heard the use of the term fork in various news portals or articles. I advise all beginners to familiarize themselves with this term, thanks again

On 3/22/2020 at 11:38 AM, Ch Ayyan said:

Hi dear  members.  Do you know   the hard fork. A hard fork  is any change that's backward  compatibility. Running the old  software will

See any  New  transactions as invalid. It means  they need  to update  now. It happens about  after  every  4 years.

Thanks for your info my friend really helped, didn’t konw what is hard forks is before, i hard about soft fork too, but dont know what is? Do you have any idea what it’s?

Hardfork is the introduction of something new to the blockchain system, which needs a software update, as it is not compatible with the old software. Thus, the old program is launched, then it will consider all new transactions invalid, since the changes made as a result of the hard fork violate the essence of the new protocol.

• +1 1

Well, as its name indicates, it is a necessary fork of a cryptocurrency giving rise to two different but closely related cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin has had some and this has given many gains to some who have had bitcoin at the time

This is about copying the source code of a program such as bitcoin, creating a new one from it or updating the same existing code, but that is only applied by those experienced in blockchain being the same as an open source, which has a prior consensus if they want to create a new project

Such valuable topics should always be present because they are simple and full of information and help people understand some things in the world of currencies.
Thanks for the good explanation, and I will add some points to it as well

A hard fork is a radical change to the protocol of a blockchain network that makes previously invalid blocks/transactions valid (or vice-versa). A fork in a blockchain can occur in any crypto-technology platform

This is a complete breakdown of the blockchain into many chains, which can either exist in parallel, or the largest remains and the small ones are erased. A hard fork usually means that new code is uploaded with different rules, which changes the source code.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:38 AM, Ch Ayyan said:

Hard Ford is simply to create a parallel version of an original but that both can work independently of each other. For example eth fork emerged ETC, from the BTC came BCH, from LTC LSV emerged, and thus with many currencies emerged several fork in the world of cryptocurrencies.

3 hours ago, elizabeth210291 said:

A hard fork is a major protocol upgrade that forces all users to switch to new software if they want to continue using the same blockchain.
Unlike a Soft Fork, in a hard fork there is a change in the code of a cryptocurrency that makes the new version incompatible with the previous versions. This process that causes what we call ‘network bifurcation’; you have to choose between using the new version of the software or the previous one.
The reasons why it occurs may be either "accidental" due to a correction of some error in the code. Or premeditated creating a new protocol proposal and applying them in a new code version.

Yes I agree with you on how fork works.  Thank you so much for pointing us this way.  I agree with you that this is the way to go. It Right talk.  I think

• Useful or interesting 1

In software development, a fork or bifurcation is understood as the creation of a project in a different direction from the main or official project by using existing source code.
A major protocol update that forces all users to switch to new software if they want to continue using the same blockchain. ... A hard fork can originate two types of chains (the original and the new one) giving rise to two different networks and currencies.

In software development, a fork or bifurcation is understood as the creation of a project in a different direction from the main or official project by using existing source code.
A major protocol update that forces all users to switch to new software if they want to continue using the same blockchain. ... A hard fork can originate two types of chains (the original and the new one) giving rise to two different networks and currencies.

On 3/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, Ch Ayyan said:

In the crypto market we hear maximum time about hard fork. But many people don't know about much more. I will tell you it a line. Hard Fork is a upgradation on the network. Maximum the network split into two network. 

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

A hard fork is a more "hard", global change in the cryptocurrency's software code, and after its introduction, new software will be required. In fact, a hard fork is the creation of a new cryptocurrency based on an existing one, but with different principles of operation. Thus, there are two branches of the blockchain (two cryptocurrencies) that do not communicate with each other in any way, but the block of the child currency will contain the history of operations that occurred before the hard fork.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Hard Fork is basically the creation of a new parallel universe. After the hard fork, there is no communication or operation option between the previous version and the new one, which is in a fully split state.

The new version inherits all historical transactions and from now on each version will have its own transaction.

• +3 1

😎 The forks or forks in the blockchains or Blockchain are the creation of projects starting from a previous project. Therefore, it can be said that they are a kind of update. 
The hard fork can be defined as an intentional fork with the aim of updating or redesigning the code. This can lead to various results, such as increasing the size of the blocks, or a change in the rules of the system. 😎 

• +4 1

What I had read on the internet and some Forum all the comments on how a fork is created and a new altcoin is born. That is why I find these Forum super exciting and with a good Explanation of each person since some things that I do not know about Cryptocurrency I ask and they answer me What it is about and Those Things of each Token ...

• +2 1

I did not know that they were given every 4 years, it is also a relatively simple way to earn free money, you say the rumors that bitcoin cash will have a hard fork in November, it would be a good opportunity, I hope it is true. 

• +2 1

In software development, a fork is the creation of a project in a different direction from the main or official project from the source code of the existing one. This practice is commonly used in open source or free software projects. In blockchain networks, bifurcations are used both to create new projects starting from a previous one, and to update a project in question.

Blockchain networks are governed by rules encoded in the protocol that allow nodes to validate blocks of transactions in the same way and remain in consensus. These rules verify that the structure of the block and the transactions included in it, such as the block size (amount of available space) are correct.

Sometimes the consensus rules can be modified to add updates or protect the network from attacks, or changed for specific purposes, such as giving birth to a new cryptocurrency. Regardless of the reason for the modification, there are two ways to change the rules: by soft fork or hard fork.

Soft forks change the protocol so that upgraded nodes reject previously valid transactions, but nodes with old software validate both old and new format transactions, making it easier for upgraded nodes to create the longest blockchain. This type of forks are more difficult to implement in code than strong ones since compatibility with past versions of the software must be taken care of, which adds limitations when programming.

Hard forks modify the protocol so that upgraded nodes accept transactions in the new format, but outdated nodes reject them. In these cases, the new transaction structure may include previously invalid formats (for example, the old rules allow 1MB blocks and the new 1 to 2MB) or change the format so that they are incompatible (for example, the structure address was 'ABC' and can now only be 'XYZ').

• +3 1

Thanks for the information, I didn't have any knowledge about a hard fork, it is really something new for me, from what was published it sounds interesting

On 3/22/2020 at 10:38 AM, Ch Ayyan said:

I believe there are better explanations of a hard fork. Please repost your information as it is unclear. Thank you.