Do you understand the difference between digital money and crypto currencies? - Page 12 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Do you understand the difference between digital money and crypto currencies?

I am not very well informed about this issue but I read that digital currencies are owned by the governments. Cryptocurrencies on the other hand is decentralized, owned only by the project teams. 

• +1 1

thanks dear friend for sharing that type of of information it is very useful for everyone because many of us don't know about the digital currency and cryptocurrency. Even a month ago, I was thinking that there is no difference between them.

It is good to understand the difference between them precisely at the beginning. As a beginner, I used to think that digital currencies and cryptocurrencies are one and the same, but by working here I realized the clear difference between them

• +3 1

Yes these are two different currencies I think and it is the best I think so no doubt and don't worry about this digital are digital currency like bank currency and ATM currency but crypto is changes it is decentralised and Blockchain currency.

• +1 1

Great explanation and helpful information,
The difference between digital and cryptocurrencies is clear, but many people mistake the two types and think that every currency on the Internet is a cryptocurrency and that is wrong.

So digital money could be your own money in your bank account. I need more clarification. From your explanation that means cryptocurrencies are also digital money. 

Hello! Yes, some don't know that. Cryptocurrencies are a form of money based on cryptography and usually based on a decentralized system. The cryptocurrency has no administrator. And cryptocurrency is impossible to trace. Because cryptocurrency has encrypted transactions.

There is a big difference between digital currency and cryptocurrency. The term digital currency is often used in forums.  It’s that cryptocurrency it’s wrong that I want to correct members.

Thanks mate for posting this information . As we all are investing or as we are working in a field of cryptos then we must understand the difference between digital currencies as well crypto currencies. We must learn this as the basic for any other thing . So I request everyone to have a basic knowledge in this field thank you.

Yes i know the differences between them but many people don't know the differences. Banks and governments still can control their digital moneys and it's totally different than the crypto. In crypto banks and governments can't control the supply and other important things.

• Useful or interesting 1

This forum and the example of digital money is the prize that we could get in this forum and cryptocurrency is the currency of the internet and doesn't have a physical paper currency.

Today is the first day on my cryptotalk. I did not have information about it at all. Thank you very much that you gave me the information, I have felt the difference between digital money and cryptocurrency. 

I have gain a lot on this post seriously because I actually don't understand the difference before now. This is an informative post. Thanks

thankyou for  giving us a good information  i have small information about these  Digital Currency?

These currencies are used on the Internet.

cryptocurrency?

Cryptocurrency is a variety of digital currencies.

Cryptocurrency is an asset used as a means of exchanging. It is considered reliable because it’s based on cryptography.

When we talk about digital money we can be talking about any currency in the world and when we talk about a crypto-currency it is a kind of virtual currency that can have commercial value

@johant123  I am thankful to you dear friend for share these useful informations with us. Before than i was confused about the meaning of digital currencies and crypto currencies. 

• +4 1

Digital currency are currencies that are centralized that's when exchanging them there must be a subject of intermediaries while cryptocurrency is decentralized and the transaction take place without the subject of intermediaries, thanks.

Cryptocurrency and digital money have similarities and differences. And by the help of those we can manage easily our funds. But some people see this two as they are the same but it is not. We can't use digital currency to use as asset in crypto trading and investing but we can exchange it to cryptocurrency to use as our asset to earn money...

Wow, I found this as a new topic for me I don't know there are two different fields like digital money and cryptocurrency. And now I have some idea about the differences. I think the digital money platform will be over by some decades and cryptocurrency will be the final currency for this World. Fir sure sure cryptocurrency is the future.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:18 PM, johant123 said:

Reading the posts here, it seems like many don't understand the difference between digital money and crypto currencies.

Digital money is money flowing across networks in digital form. That can be everything, but usually is digital fiat money, backed by central banks. Think of Euros or dollars, but then in electronic form, instead of printed on paper. The channel is encrypted, as are usually the transactions, but the currency does not rely on it.

Crypto currencies are a form of money relying on cryptography, and usually having a decentralized system as basis (instead of backing by a central authority). In contrast with generic digital money, crypto currencies derive their safety from the non-repudiation of crypto transactions.

So where you can have a bank account with digital money, stored in one place, somewhere in a database, your crypto coins typically rely on decentralized storage, and encrypted transactions.

You depict well about cryptographic money eve I don't think about it before I consider cryptographic forms of money and computerized monetary standards same. Much obliged to you.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, johant123 said:

Reading the posts here, it seems like many don't understand the difference between digital money and crypto currencies.

Digital money is money flowing across networks in digital form. That can be everything, but usually is digital fiat money, backed by central banks. Think of Euros or dollars, but then in electronic form, instead of printed on paper. The channel is encrypted, as are usually the transactions, but the currency does not rely on it.

Crypto currencies are a form of money relying on cryptography, and usually having a decentralized system as basis (instead of backing by a central authority). In contrast with generic digital money, crypto currencies derive their safety from the non-repudiation of crypto transactions.

So where you can have a bank account with digital money, stored in one place, somewhere in a database, your crypto coins typically rely on decentralized storage, and encrypted transactions.

Thank you so much for this explanation. It is indeed worthy of note. I was actually thinking bith are the same thing. That was why i never bothered to know the difference. But with this explaination, i have clearly understood what each of them means

Thank you so much for this explanation. It is indeed worthy of note. I was actually thinking bith are the same thing. That was why i never bothered to know the difference. But with this explaination, i have clearly understood what each of them means

Thanks so much for the explanation. It is indeed worthy of note. I always thought that the two are the same. Thats why i never bothered to check it up. But now i have clearly known the difference. Thanks 

The difference on my own reasonings, is of that E-money doesn't have a system which E money are being created as it based on Fiat being the essential need for money to being transform into an electronic wallet.