Does That Mean Hot Wallets Are Not Safe? - Page 2 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Sami balta

Does That Mean Hot Wallets Are Not Safe?

For me, I prefer storing wallets with a high reputation, especially those with a long history.
The best step you can take is to store your currencies in different portfolios, as well as adopt a strong passcode to avoid being hacked easily.
These days, you don't know where to get hacked.
Haddr has been preceded by the fact that you display your mail, which you rely on, in registration on the wallet, because if it is broken, all your possessions are lost.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I don't remember reading about a hot-wallet getting hacked, although it can happen that our security lags and we might get easily hacked on a hot wallet if our system is compromised. In case we hold our crypto on a cold wallet I'd say they are definitely more secure.

• +1 1

20 hours ago, BTC Future said:

I don't remember reading about a hot-wallet getting hacked, although it can happen that our security lags and we might get easily hacked on a hot wallet if our system is compromised. In case we hold our crypto on a cold wallet I'd say they are definitely more secure.

Most hacked online wallet I read about are due to wallet owners, they handle their wallet carelessly and unknowingly install malware on their wallet devices, before they know, their wallets will be comprised and coins are stolen. 

• +1 1

21 hours ago, ndadukun12 said:

For a wallet to be safe you need to make use of it personally and the. Develop some kind of relationship with the wallet and then decide on whether you want to continue with the wallet or not.

Yes,you are right but also read more, the reading will let you know this. And I do ask from experts the one I can use. I am on btt and this makes it easy for me to know the best wallet to use. So, saying on forums like bttis important.

Curiously, I am not aware of these hot wallets, if someone explains it to me better I will be grateful. I always use binance and it builds a lot of trust

It is also applicable to have several hot wallets available in the portfolio, to manage the crypt coins for all of them, not to have all the crypt coins in one single hot wallet, as a miner I keep my crypt coins in more than 6 wallets, all this guarantees in case of piracy to lose a small part of all the patrimony.

On 27/1/2020 at 2:59, Sami balta said:

Para determinar qué tan segura es una billetera caliente, uno tendrá que estudiar la reputación y el comportamiento de los terceros y las personas que están conectadas a la billetera caliente. Todo lo que esté vinculado en línea es propenso a piratería y ataques. Por lo tanto, los mineros generalmente prefieren mantener una pequeña cantidad en sus billeteras calientes, ya que un atacante no desperdiciará sus recursos solo para apoderarse de una pequeña cantidad.

There are countless wallets today but time has determined that the best and most secure online are Xapo, Mycellium, Coinbase, Blockchain, and Coinomi (Yobit).

the best option is to have minimal but significant amounts of your coin in multiple hot wallets, because in case of an attack or failure in the platform do not lose your effort, and of course we have to take into account the credibility and confidence of these accounts.

It doesn't imply that the hot wallets totally unsafe.It is simply reminding us as Hot wallets are associated with Internet,so it has the most noteworthy opportunity to get hacked.That's the reason excavators recommended us to not store in a hot wallet massively,because in the event that it get hacked for a solitary time we will lost everything.

hot wallets are safe however it`s feasible to hack them due to the fact  hackers are very smart now and they are able to effortlessly find opportunities to thieve your cash 

El 19/2/2020 a las 2:25, Usman Abdulmumin dijo:

No todas las billeteras en las que podemos confiar hoy en día, hay much as billeteras que son una estafa, tenemos que usar billeteras populares que existen durante mucho o tiempo para la seguridad de nuestro dinero. 

This is true, we should not keep our money in any wallet that they recommend, we must use the ones with the most reputation, the ones with the most downloads in the play store or some other download store

I agree with you, keep low amounts in hot wallets so that it is not seen as a target, and the rest of the critical in a cold wallet or in a hardware wallet.

I think it is very good information for those who are dedicated to generating income in cryptocurrencies the issue of wallets is what worries many at first, for the safety of their money, but there is a lot of information on the web, even on YouTube, about how We can have our cryptocurrencies secure in a wallet that is reliable, and there are currently many that are popular because they have demonstrated their transparency and have been offering a good service for years, on the other hand there is the issue of hackers but for that you have to investigate Fund how to avoid this, I think the topic of hot wallets should be expanded in a post, some do not know this term.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 11/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, Notejiya1314 said:

Wow we have many wallet now oh because this was first time to hear about this wallet because I was not ever hear about this wallet but that I hear about it will make reach about it more so that I can know how it was work .

Hot wallet is not a specific wallet. There are two wallet types. The fist is hot wallet while the other is cold wallet. 

3 hours ago, Maham ali said:

Hot wellet are connected to the internet.there are some chance that our little mistke can lose our cryptocurrency.so I my opinion these wellet are not so safe.

If you want to make transactions on cold wallet, they will have to connect to the internet too but cold wallet private key is offline always. 

• +1 1

I don't know about this because I never use hot wallets. I only use web wallet. Because it is safe and secure wallet. There are many investors and holders use hardware or web wallet. It's transaction fee is very low and it's security is high.

Hot wallet is the type of wallet. The people are connected by this wallet and doing by connecting to the business parties. And people prefer minimal amount to keep it and secure their business account. 

Yes .usually it is considered that a hot wallet is not safe than cold wallet mostly all investors save their money in cold wallets and a few amount in hot wallets as they are vurniable to hackers thay can hack them easier theb cold ones.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:59 AM, Sami balta said:

For determining how secure a hot wallet is, one will have to study the reputation and behavior of the third parties and individuals who are connected to the hot wallet. Anything that is linked online is prone to hacking and attacks. So, miners usually prefer keeping a small amount in their hot wallets, as an attacker will not waste his/her resources just to get hold of a small amount.

Of course thats might be true and thats why mostly of biggest investors are keeping their money into the cold wallets, and mostly of hackers are targeting cold wallets because they storing huge balances. 

Before using any wallet, you should get an idea of its specialty and its disadvantages and etc. whether it is good for you or not. You have to make surety either any wallet is safe . Using any wallet first time could be risky .

Some people have problem with this wallet some with that all depends up on trader.In hot wallet traders usually put low money as they are at risk of hacking .Hot wallets are always comnected with internet so can be hacked.cold wallet is suggested for large number of coins.

Hot wallet are also save and secure  . I've used this wallet  for a long period of time and these safe and I haven't been hacked before but we must always work to protect our information and our crunchies .

This wallet  is also like many other wallet   which store information and crunchies that people take advantage of. 

• +1 1

I use hot wallet.i store some coins in this wallets.the most important thing is that this platform is never hacked by hackers that why your assets keep safe in this wallet.its has good security system. thats why mostly people use this platform.

• +1 1