Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer? - Page 14 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Joewilbertson

Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer?

On 10/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, Joewilbertson said:
Yes, you will most certainly overheat your computer.

Causing irreversible damage to your hardware. There is no point in mining bitcoin with your home computer. To mine bitcoin you need an ASIC machine.

Even with an ASIC machine it’s not very profitable these days, people need to factor in power consumption. Due to btc having, the returns aren’t that great.

If it is not a specific computer to mine, of course it is harmful to a normal pc and could be damaged in a short time.

No, it depends on its power, since some mining is very strong but others are very good, also the type of computer varies a lot, but I personally recommend using yobit's vmining since with this you recover your investment in two months and after that you start to generate much more than 10% that's why I highly recommend it

I think that mining Bitcoin on the personal computer is completely wrong, as it may cause a great damage to your device in addition to the exploitation of electricity very large and you get in return a small number of satoshis

Mining with the PC which you use to work 24/7 is not recommended, because you will surely end up burning your hardware, can be done by building a super machine so you can mine from home, otherwise do not do it.

They are already talking to me, in fact, I have no opinion about mining. Because I don't actually work in the mining space. But I am curious to admit about this meter

The are many advertised software for btc mining via personal computer. But most of these are scam. The most widely used of these is Cryptotab browser, but this browser is very harmful to the computer. It is also pointless to do mining with this browser without referrals. I think the best way to get btc right now is trading.

Your computer may be enriching someone with bitcoins (and you without knowing)
The illegal mining of cryptocurrencies or "cryptojacking" has become one of the most recent phenomena that puts users but also companies in the spotlight.
The slowness of computers that users use privately (and personally) or at work has many factors. But one of them may be caused by a much more twisted reason than a simple problem of storage capacity, drops in connection speeds or excessive resource consumption. Their computers may be being used remotely to "make" cryptocurrencies and unknowingly enriching cybercriminals.

This is another of the booming trends in cyber activity that cybersecurity experts have to deal with. Due to the increased interest in digital crypto-assets such as Bitcoin, which has appreciated in recent months to exceed the figure of $ 10,000 to convert, professional and amateur groups have found a way to take advantage of other people's teams to win money. Yes, money at your expense.

I really recommend is to have a correct area for mining, good wiring, good cooling system, high-end equipment. Since a computer with basic features will not be able to execute what you want. Today there are various inexpensive equipment on the market for home mining.

• Useful or interesting 1

Unfortunately, to work with this you need a good computer as it will use your computer's energy a lot. So, to work in mining you invest in a powerful computer, or you already have a good computer that can handle it.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:03 AM, Joewilbertson said:
Yes, you will most certainly overheat your computer.

Causing irreversible damage to your hardware. There is no point in mining bitcoin with your home computer. To mine bitcoin you need an ASIC machine.

There are platforms that allow you to rent the mining machines without having it in your home and I really believe that it is the most profitable to avoid damage or electrical voltage drops

11 hours ago, GalaxyGuard said:

Mining with computer is bad, it could really damage some parts of your computer

Actually, for that, special devices were created, machines capable of generating the adequate energy to mine apart, to all this you have to add the heat emitted by the machines which requires a totally cold space to avoid heating it

it worth buying the Asic A10PRO 6G or is it still worth building the farm yourself from the gtx1660 6gb super? As far as I know, this asic is not universal, but only daggerhashimoto. Weigh the pros and cons. I don't know what to choose, on the one hand there is less fuss with Asic, but 12 months warranty, and gtx 36 months warranty...
Or maybe buy VMining?))😄

I think not, if the computer, graphics card etc, are designed for you to do the necessary mathematical calculations and this is what mining takes advantage of.

It is not recommended as it may overheat and damage your computer, it may also cause fire hazard to your home if left unsupervised. Use bitcoin miners / mining rigs instead.

• +3 1

On 10/16/2020 at 1:47 AM, Ivanvlad4 said:

Unfortunately, to work with this you need a good computer as it will use your computer's energy a lot. So, to work in mining you invest in a powerful computer, or you already have a good computer that can handle it.

Of course dear mate but theris crypto tab browser out there it can help on mining bitcoin with a computer, though the earnings are little unless when you have more active refferals and I don't think this type of mining can affect the computer that much not so. @Dorjoy12

• +3 1

Of course it would be bad
Because mining needs better ingredients
Like graphics cards
Needs more than one card to make satisfying profits
I was mining before
But now I don't think
I thank you

Any type of mining is bad for your computer (mainly GPU) cause it uses so much of the GPU resources. especially bitcoin mining which is not profitable anyways

• +5 1

Le minage de Bitcoin à l'aide de votre processeur et de votre gpu n'est plus rentable. En fin de compte, vous gaspillerez simplement de l'électricité et surchaufferez votre appareil. Si vous décidez de miner du bitcoin, achetez des plates-formes de minage telles que antminer s9 de bitmain. Si vous avez assez d'argent, vous pouvez créer votre propre plate-forme minière. Mais si vous êtes petit et que vous n'avez que votre PC avec gpu, essayez d'extraire des altcoins qui ont une faible difficulté et peuvent être exploités en utilisant gpu.

I wouldn't use my computer for mining in 2020. it is better to pay attention to specialized equipment. Calculate how long it will take for the return on investment and how long it will take for the profit to start. I would focus on mining hardware.

• +3 1

2093856005_SignChatex.png.48c95b3a6d672b2702aad906ed44eea0.png

It is possible to damage your computer by mining in the following ways:

the computer will degrade more, as it is used more (you will have to replace it sooner than normally)
the computer will overheat and some components will fail because of that (if for example, the computer is dusty. If the parts are well-maintained and the computer is not boxed in, this shouldn't be the issue)
you will overload some part of your computer with the mining and it will short circuit or blow a fuse (mostly relevant if your power supply is weak, this happened to me once).