What is the different between alts and Bitcoin? - Page 12 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Delgboke

What is the different between alts and Bitcoin?

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and has its own independent blockchain As for the rest of the currencies, they are currencies that appeared after him and worked on the Bitcoin blockchain, or networks split from the main Bitcoin network, and these currencies worked on them, and of course there is a difference between liquidity and acquisition.

The differences generally lie in the fact that a coin or project is designed to satisfy a certain need, such as litecoin, dogecoin, dash, zcash, etc. at the time, each one was aimed at a public that needed either speed, lower commissions or greater privacy when performing operations.

I think this is a very easy question, Bitcoin as we all know is the first coin invented by Satoshi in the hear 2008, any other coin apart from Bitcoin are all altcoins ,example are ,litecoin, ripple, etherium, dash, and many more, there are lot of them actually

My friend, which is a major currency in which other cryptocurrencies can be bought and sold through it, and Bitcoin is the t-currency in different ways. It is limited and is the first cryptocurrency and its price is high, and the transfer with it needs a very large commission Thank you

• +1 1

Altcoins are the alternative digital currencies to bitcoin, some of them have remarkable characteristics that differ from Bitcoin, but the main difference between cryptocurrencies is the algorithm they work with 

• +1 1

I personally do not pay much attention to the terminology , such things are not the heart and soul of crypto currency , as far as I know , there is not that great difference between them , but what do I know!

• +3 1

This is the difference in the prices of the coins. The bitcoin is the father of the coins and it is the first coin of crypto currency. The alt coins are introduced in the alternative of the bitcoin. The alt coins are the competitives of the bitcoin.

• +5 1

For all i know is the bitcoin was the father of all coins and it was the first coin invented back year 2009 if im not mistaken. and altcoins is like the substitute of bitcoin and like the btc altcoins was the second coin created and im not sure why they created that

• +4 1

Altcoins is the name given to all of the other cryptocurrencies which were forked from the bitcoin blockchain or have reused the bitcoin protocol codebase and modified it.

• +3 1

Bitcoin is the king of all existing crypto currency but entirely I experience about this is that Bitcoin is furthest added exclusive than altcoin and bitcoin is far more profitable than altcoin.

• +2 1

Bitcoin and altcoin are the same type. Same with crypto coins, the difference is that Bitcoin was made earlier than altcoin and it can be said that Bitcoin is the father of coins

• +5 1

The cryptocurrencies where now also produced, so bitcoin as the first currency remains outstanding, while other cryptocurrencies are being classified as althcoins, because not all could be mentioned, so the word althcoins is just like saying other cryptocurrencies. 

Bitcoin is the pioneer coin in cryptocurrency. Until now Bitcoin is the king where have many pair to trading in the market. For altcoin is different because created after Bitcoin released. It is has less marketcap and volume than Bitcoin

• +5 1

I just know the difference in price and benefit alone between bitcoin and altcoin. Bitcoin is slightly costlier than altcoin and bitcoin is much more competitive

• +2 1

Altcoin means other cryptocurrency. We all know that bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency but there are around 3k other coins. We tell them altcoin. When we tell altcoin that's mean we are talking about other cryptos without bitcoin

• +4 1

Bitcoin is the father for every other coin because bitcoin is the first coin. Every other coins exist because of bitcoin. We're calling alts to every coin except bitcoin, even for etherium. There are more than 7000 altcoins right now but bitcoin is dominating almost %70 of the market now.

• Useful or interesting 1

First of all as a member in the crypto community introduce yourself to basic trainings, information of crypto currency by simply searching via google. Substantial information of crypto currency can be access to support and avail you to abundance bounties. All are crypto coins when bitcoin is remove the rest are called altcoins meaning alternative currency to bitcoin

Bitcoin is one and only. It is considered as the king of all Cryptocurrencies. It is the first digital coin. Altcoins came much after Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is synonymous with Cryptocurrency. For newcomers and non-crypto users Bitcoin is interchangeable with Cryptocurrency. 

Though both Bitcoin and altcoins are operating with the help of Blockchain technology there is much difference in the value of the coins. Bitcoin is expensive and much more valuable than any other altcoins.

I don't really know what the difference is between these two cryptocurrencies, all the comments say that there is no big difference from this one, but there really has to be a lot of difference between them, since if the altcoin is a very different asset in terms, but I will have I have to look for a lot of information about these to tell you more precisely.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:22 PM, hdbvtho said:

While Altcoin and Bitcoin can be gold and silver of today's cryptocurrency space, history has indicated that the status of this dynamic and emerging field can be changed only after a few months. It remains to be seen whether the cryptocurrencies we have become acquainted will retain their stature in the years to come.

Thank you very much dear colleague for the answer that you explain to us in this publication explaining how Altcoin and Bitcoin differ since I also asked myself this question as I have already mentioned, I am very grateful for the information provided
A big greeting to the whole community and good luck

My friend there is no difference between the bitcoin and altcoin because these both are the cryptocurrencies and the difference is only between the price, value and demand of the both currencies. As we know the value and demand of the bitcoin is higher than all other cryptocurrencies.

Altcoins have their own projects and has their own price movements. They are more volatile and more fluctant compared to bitcoin's price movements. For example when Bitcoin usually has a price movement range between %0-%10, altcoins have %0-%30 even more price movements.

Play simple games, earn free bitcoin !

https://rollercoin.com/?r=kopkpsp3

ref_46860.png

I do not think there is much difference, the bitcoin is only one coin and all the other coins and the tokens are called the alt coins that is pretty simple I think, what do you say?

There are so many cryptocurrencies and it is difficult to trace all of them so all you have to do is to stick to the strong and famous ones. Cryptocoins have different chains and they have different values and their safety degree is not the same too, therefore when you trade look for the coin with the most volume, because it means that people are investing their money in it.

• +3 1

Thanks to these posts is that Cryptotalk adds a lot of value, I did not know anything about it but here I can be informed thanks to the teamwork we do. The truth is important to know the difference since there is almost no difference, as they say here is for the benefit and the payment system. So thanks to the people who take the time to give the correct information here in the forum.