Public key vs Private Key - Page 4 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Public key vs Private Key

public key and private key can not be as compared, inside the thread you explain the definition but within the identify the placement of the phrase vs is like comparing
your clarification it is top sir, public key or frequently we call crypto address, where we need a public key for coin transactions. non-public secret's an encrypted password to open the door to our wallet

Wow thanks for this amazing topic as it will help most of newbies in crypto world to distinguish between these two keys, previously I was illiterally about these two things, previously I opened a crypto exchange wallet but I loose it because didn't knew what are the difference between these two things and led me to not save those private keys that's why I lost my crypto wallet 

Edited by leakydonney
Correction

Good topic, from myself I want to say, never show your private key to anyone, otherwise you may lose all your finances, keep it in an inaccessible place.

Public key infrastructure (PKI) is used to manage identity and security in internet communications. The core technology enabling PKI is public key cryptography, an encryption mechanism that relies upon the use of two related keys, a public key and a private key. These two keys are used together to encrypt and decrypt a message. Pairing two cryptographic keys in this manner is also known as asymmetric cryptography. Public key cryptography uses cryptographic algorithms to protect identities and data from unauthorized access or use, guarding against attacks from cybercriminals and other malicious actors.

the private key is a secret key known only by its owner, with the private key and public key paired such that the recipient can use the corresponding key to decrypt the cipher text and read the original message. Private keys are generated using the same algorithms that create public keys to create strong keys that are bonded mathematically

On 10/29/2019 at 9:48 PM, xBDT Script said:

We are very well known with all these words if we are a little knowledgeable on how cryptocurrency wallet works.

let me share the basic difference between this two concept.

What we generally understand-

Public Key- Our address

Private key- Key to unlock the address

Although the meaning are close to the actual concept but it's not exact meaning.

Public Key

Public Key is a key for encryption of data. Although we used it as our receiving address, it's in reality encrypt the data from blockchain for us. It is available to everyone

Private Key

Private key help us to decrypt the data for the Public Key. It helps decryption of data which has been encrypted to the Public key. Private key is secret to the Public key holder only.

In Private key, the same key (secret key) is used for encryption and decryption. In this key is symmetric because the only key is copy or share by another party to decrypt the cipher text. It is faster than the public key cryptography.

In Public key, two keys are used one key is used for encryption and another key is used for decryption. One key (public key) is used for encrypt the plain text to convert it into cipher text and another key (private key) is used by receiver to decrypt the cipher text to read the message.

Things we really need to know in terms of security. It was created and well thought out so that we can store these codes belonging to our wallets somewhere and use them on different devices whenever we need them. I am very happy to have this system. 

I think that in all my time in this I had never thought about the difference between both keys, I had the idea only but it is good to clarify the terms ... I have my keys stored in a cloud, as well as in some chats of my social networks by chance

I don't know too much about that.

But In my understand is

Public Key is almost like your address.

Private key is your wallet key to unlock your wallet and your wallet.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/5/2020 at 10:43 AM, Solomoncaesar said:

I hate private keys.

You are getting this wrong, with SK ever reason, nobody can hate private key, but if you do, that mean you will have to leave cryptocurrencies  and never buy one. 

18 minutes ago, DanielJay said:

I don't know too much about that.

But In my understand is

Public Key is almost like your address.

Private key is your wallet key to unlock your wallet and your wallet.

Public keys are not addresses, addresses are generated from public keys. There is one called master public key that generate as many as possible addresses that can be used for transactions. 

• +1 1

I agree with you on this in my opinion that
Public key
It is the key to encrypt the data. Even though we used it as our receiving address, it actually encrypts data from the blockchain as it is available to everyone.
The key is confidential
The private key helps us decrypt the data for the public key. Helps decrypt data that has been encrypted into the public key. The private key is only the secret of the owner of the public key.

the public key can only encrypt.  The private key can decrypt or do both, although the latter is not so important.  The recipient's public key is received and with it encrypts the information that will be sent.  Once encrypted, the information cannot be viewed.  When sending it, in an email for example, the recipient receives it and decrypts it with their private key.  That is why keys allow users to authenticate against other users and use the information from identity certificates (for example, the public keys of other users) to encrypt and decrypt messages, digitally sign information, guarantee non-repudiation.  of a shipment, and other uses.  It will depend in an important part, how the private keys are stored, since there are special devices called security tokens to facilitate the security of the private key, as well as to prevent it from being exported.  These devices can incorporate biometric measures, such as fingerprint verification, which allow increasing reliability, within technological limitations, in which only the person who owns the certificate can use it.

Private Key: In Private key, the same key (secret key) is used for encryption and decryption. In this key is symmetric because the only key is copy or share by another party to decrypt the cipher text. It is faster than the public key cryptography.

Public Key: In Public key, two keys are used one key is used for encryption and another key is used for decryption. One key (public key) is used for encrypt the plain text to convert it into cipher text and another key (private key) is used by receiver to decrypt the cipher text to read the message.

Any one can see the condition or properties of the public key but only the owner can access the public with the private key. private key is a secured key which is very much important for a crypto trader.

• +1 1

On 10/2/2020 at 6:39 PM, vitalinho said:

interesting topic, i use a private key because on my opinion its more secured key. cause scammers can expose you by using public key

Private key is very important, and if attackers know your private key, that means he will be able to steal all your coins stored on the private key. Also, if attacker knows your public key, he will only be able to see all your transactions on blockchain ledger and reduce privacy. 

• +1 1

There will be a little difference between the private keys and public keys. 

Public keys are used as our receiving address. It's in reality the encrypte data from the blockchain while private keys are used for decrypte data which has been  the encrypted from the public keys. 

Yes it's an amazing concept of this and those keys are in for users help and you said very correctly public key vs private key this is how we can knowledge about that how is the main reason to challenge between them

• -5 1

Private key is used to both encrypt and decrypt the data and is shared between the sender and receiver of encrypted data. The public key is only used to encrypt data and to decrypt the data, the private key is used and is shared. 

• -5 1

On 11/30/2020 at 5:58 AM, Fahmida 2020 said:

There are big difference between public key and private key.

Private key is very important for us. We should never share our private key with anyone. This is our account main security option. On the other hand, public key is not much important.

His is public key not important, what generate your address, is it not public key, without public key, no address can be generated, it is also very important as it is link to a key that can be used to track all your funds on blockchain but private key is for unlocking the coins. 

• +2 1

12 hours ago, JanBomCrypto said:

His is public key not important, what generate your address, is it not public key, without public key, no address can be generated, it is also very important as it is link to a key that can be used to track all your funds on blockchain but private key is for unlocking the coins. 

@JanBomCrypto Private keys are important to unlock while public key is used to track, you are right. The private key unlock the bitcoin stored on blockchain. 

5 minutes ago, Arshadhanif said:

Private key can share some things but public key can not share some things people people perfer private key but private key is popular many people use the  private key i like the  private key

@Arshadhanif If you do not know what to comment about here, you can go to other sections to make comment rather than posting rubbish. 

• +2 1
  • +5 1

1 hour ago, Muhammad Hussain said:

public key and private key are the two different keys.. public key is for over the world but private key is for special person 

Private key is most important and very save as crypto wallet

Private key are not for any special person, private key are for those that use noncustodial wallets.

Private key is not to be compared to wallet because it is wallet that generates it. 

• +1 1

On 11/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, Aceventura said:

I'd like to add few more points. Public keys work in a similar way to your email address. When someone wants to send you cryptocurrency, they will send it to your public key. But Private keys are totally different thing. If your public keys are like an email address, then your private keys are like the password.

Indeed, dear friend, I totally agree with the answer you provide to this publication since the exclusion public key was email and the private key as if it were the very important password to save the private key since without it I would lose all cryptocurrencies

thanks for sharing this great piece of information this is very helpful and it helps people understand more how things actually works so that everybody can have more knowledge about cryptocurrencies and wallets

• -5 1
  • +1 1

You can know public key by using private key. You cannot find private key by using public key. I am used trusted and safety exchange and I don't like fake exchange. Private key only for you and public key for everyone's.

• -5 1
  • -1 1

Public key is something that allows you to share your data with someone else as basically a cryptocurrency address that you give as withdrawal or deposit to some exchange.

Private key is the credential you use to acquire your private wallet data as all public keys stores in it (addresses), your investments and funds as well as transactional historical data that is not shared to anyone else except the owner of that private key = yourself.

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/