What is the difference between digital currency and virtual currency? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
3ola2omran

What is the difference between digital currency and virtual currency?

My friend, I want to talk in this article about the difference between the  virtual currency and  the digital currency, as the virtual currency differs from the digital in that it is not issued by any central authority such as the central bank or the government and it works over a network of computers, while digital currencies have all the characteristics of traditional currencies, but they only exist. In the digital world, and it is issued by a central authority, if you like the topic, please support and share your opinions.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I think that digital and virtual currencies are very similar in some respects and differ in some, but I find that digital currencies are better because they depend on a security system that keeps fraudsters and thieves away from them.

• +1 1

I think Virtual currency is currency held within the blockchain network that is not controlled by a centralized banking authority. Virtual currency is different than digital currency since digital currency is simply currency issued by a bank in digital form

Digital currency and virtual currency both are kind of same.  We can't use them in real life in directly but convert them with real currency. But digital currencies value is more than virtual currency. And digital currency secured by central authorities while virtual currency is not. 

Digital representation of either virtual currency (illegal) or electronic currency (legal) and the term virtual currency is often called on it and therefore digital currencies are an intangible image of the values of Muhammadouda, which is the comprehensive term used to describe all electronic funds and virtual currencies.... 
Virtual currencies, including cryptocurrencies

Hello there greetings in my opinion I think digital currency and cryptocurrency they are similar in some cases which will currency is depend on a inside the blockchain and the work cryptocurrency I think it is used around the world in every countries because this is a vast ocean of knowledge that we can apprehend

@3ola2omranThank you for post. virtual currencies are currency with specific characteristics. Subjectively, decentralization, cryptography and distribution seem to be their most important features since they translate into no single point of control, security of transactions and preferably, independent actors (nodes) maintaining the network. While digital currency in the other hand is the umbrella term, including every form of digital money there is, be it regulated or unregulated by the government.  We can consider the relationship between virtual currency and digital currency as less of a rivalry and more of an evolution from the type of money we knew, even in its digital form in our bank accounts, to the current state of affairs where Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are slowly but surely making their way into commerce and people’s everyday lives. 

Edited by Olasquare23

Thank you, my friend, for sharing this post with us, and I think that there is a big difference between them and digital currencies are more widespread and that they are similar to the traditional currency in many characteristics and it was expected that it would become an alternative to the national currency of countries, because it is traded in a very large way.

• +1 1

Well say my friend

There is a big difference between these two currencies, but the digital currency has a great security system that protects you from cyber fraudsters

Good topic my friend, thank you

Cryptocurrency is very different than digital or virtual currency the crypto currency is all about crypto the coins is encrypted not like the digital or virtual they are a real currency in real life and they have a virtual version to use it in the internet 

You have explained what the difference is between them, but other than that, they are similar, but I think that digital currencies are more secure in terms of theft, as fraudsters on trading platforms cannot take your money unless they can deceive you.

There is no big difference between digital and cryptocurrencies in terms of ease of trading and dealing with them, but cryptocurrencies are more secure

On 4/16/2021 at 1:48 AM, 3ola2omran said:

My friend, I want to talk in this article about the difference between the  virtual currency and  the digital currency, as the virtual currency differs from the digital in that it is not issued by any central authority such as the central bank or the government and it works over a network of computers, while digital currencies have all the characteristics of traditional currencies, but they only exist. In the digital world, and it is issued by a central authority, if you like the topic, please support and share your opinions.

Thank you dear friend for sharing this useful information as we all know this is the age of digital currency and everyone is attached with the digital currency and which you can see also have its own importance and dear friend this is the best forum that we should guide the other people about the currencies.

• +2 1

It is very far from the digital or virtual currencies. The crypt currency is all about cryptography; coins encrypted are not as digital or simulated as they are a genuine currency in real life. @shakeelsherpao

Virtual currencies are digital currencies that are limited to electronic devices and have a secret code, and they are the first currencies issued outside the control of central banks and have the ability to make cash transfers very quickly.

• +3 1

Digital currency, in short, is an umbrella term used to refer to money that exists only in the digital space, and virtual and cryptocurrencies are both digital currencies because they exist on the Internet.

Virtual currencies are a form of digital currency available in the virtual world (in exclusive communities only on the Internet, created by developers.

I think that digital and virtual currencies are very similar in some respects and differ in some, but I find that digital currencies are better because they depend on a security system that keeps fraudsters and thieves away from them.

Many of us get confused because they have a similarity with the names but when it comes to making our transactions we know that they are not the same since digital currencies are money that is used through the internet and virtual currency only exists digitally like money in cash, you can get it by transferring it or exchanging it for another currency.

• +1 1

There are many differences between virtual currencies and digital currencies, and you mentioned the main difference to be able to distinguish between them .. Digital is subject to a central bank authority and the like. As for virtualization, it is decentralized, like Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies .. But they share in the capacity that they perform the function of money and through them both the buying and selling operations are carried out. You work through the Internet.

Hello my friend how are you I hope you are fine and good health. My friend and also encrypted coins are easy to exchange between people and need no transactions and stamps. But there is a great similarity between coded and digital currencies. But I am, in my view, coded currencies much better than digital coins. Thank you my friend for the wonderful post. Good luck everyone.

Virtual currency and digital currency both are same In some ways. But digital currency have more value than the virtual currency. Digital currency is more secure and legal everywhere. To both currencies we can exchange to real currency which we want.

My dear friend, in principle, there is no difference, but in terms of content, I think that digital currencies are better than default in terms of their price against real currencies and through the safety system they enjoy

• +1 1

I find this topic quite interesting, I did not understand until today the difference between both currencies, thanks to @3ola2omran and its simple explanation I could understand and the contribution of @Linaa2999 regarding their differences and similarities is clearer. Thank you very much. 

My dear friend, the difference is clear between both of the two digital currencies. It is a currency that was created with a purpose that is present on the Internet in an intangible way. It is not linked to any central bank.  Dear in general, tangible currencies on the ground that are subject to the control of states. There are many countries that have made nationalism a virtual currency or retired digital currency for its currency. This matter is very simple and greatly explained Thank you very much.