THE PETRO - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content

The Petro is a token created by the president of Venezuela, Mr. Nicolas Maduro in order to face the sanctions that were imposed by the United States government.
The question we all ask ourselves is whether this token is really a cryptocurrency, and the answer is NO, since it lacks support and it is not free since the
The Venezuelan government is the one who puts a price on that token, decides how much to sell and how much people can buy and although the government affirms that each petro would be backed by a barrel of oil from the Venezuelan crude basket, and additional backed by the reserves of gold, diamonds, that is, the natural resources of the Venezuelan country, additional oil. And the other reason why it is not a cryptocurrency for not being decentralized and is considered a scam.

• +2 2
  • +4 1

El 10/10/2020 a las 17:18, darknerv dijo:

esto jajaja nunca pensé verlo aquí. el petro. pues el petro es una moneda ficticia y te explicaré por qué:
1: una cripto no puede tener 2 valores como "le dieron el petro" le dieron un valor para la compra de bienes y servicios, pago de salarios, etc. y otros valor de inversión.
2: el valor utilizado para los bienes y servicios estaba supuestamente "anclado" al precio del barril de petróleo. Entonces, ¿cómo se explica que un barril de petróleo cayó a menos de $ 10 y el petróleo subió a casi $ 30?
3: no minable
4: está centralizado y su valor en base a activos venezolanos (algo que es totalmente diferente a una cripto)
podría seguir dándoles más explicaciones pero el día no me alcanza jaja.mi opinión es que esto no es una criptografía.

Words plus words minus the petro is nothing more than a scam since it is not a decentralized currency, since its trade obeys the decision of the state and its value is backed by the exploitation of natural resource reserves such as oil, gold and diamond

On 10/9/2020 at 5:34 AM, Norelys Jaimes said:

The Petro is a token created by the president of Venezuela, Mr. Nicolas Maduro in order to face the sanctions that were imposed by the United States government.
The question we all ask ourselves is whether this token is really a cryptocurrency, and the answer is NO, since it lacks support and it is not free since the
The Venezuelan government is the one who puts a price on that token, decides how much to sell and how much people can buy and although the government affirms that each petro would be backed by a barrel of oil from the Venezuelan crude basket, and additional backed by the reserves of gold, diamonds, that is, the natural resources of the Venezuelan country, additional oil. And the other reason why it is not a cryptocurrency for not being decentralized and is considered a scam.

That is looking good coin right now. As one of the best and biggest man is being controlling and also made this. So it can make good progress in many terms. And I like that too much to invest right now.

Petro is a symbol created by Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to confront the sanctions that the United States has imposed.That is looking good coin right now,i like that too much to invest right now

The cryptocurrency Petro, I could not find it listed on CoinMarketCap, I had heard a while ago that it was unconstitutional, because it was backed by natural resources and Venezuela's oil, I could find an article that refers to a part of the Venezuelan constitution,
"Mining and hydrocarbon deposits, whatever their nature, existing in the national territory, under the territorial seabed, in the exclusive economic zone and on the continental shelf, belong to the Republic, are public property and, therefore , inalienable and imprescriptible. The coastlines are public property. "
I do not know where all that issue was, it is very complicated and out of respect for the Venezuelan brothers I will not give an opinion.

Without the negative, I believe that any "state" coin has no future, since it is centralized ...

• Useful or interesting 1

The Petro currency was a cryptocurrency created by the Venezuelan government Nicolas Maduro to stabilize the economic situation facing the country, it was usually founded to improve transactions inside and outside the country and defend itself from international economic sanctions, it is backed by state minerals

On 10/8/2020 at 8:34 PM, Norelys Jaimes said:

The petro is a scam, propaganda for unthinking people, it is something fictitious created by the state in which there is no such thing and it has no value at all. It is nothing, it is the most false of the false
11 hours ago, Atiqkhan0 said:

That is looking good coin right now. As one of the best and biggest man is being controlling and also made this. So it can make good progress in many terms. And I like that too much to invest right now.

Look for more information and avoid falling into scams, that currency is nothing more than a simple political propaganda

Petro currency (Coin) is not listed in any exchange. I have no idea of its value the government gives it a value. but to have a currency in the community you must build trust without trust, no one invests in that currency. It has its Petro App but there you cannot exchange Bitcoin, Dash, or Litecoin. just buy petro with Bitcoin and other currencies. Even some stores could pay for goods with that currency in Venezuela, nowadays noway, Just to pay for government services. taxes if you are resedent of Venezuela.

Because of it is not listed in any exchange, it would not invest in petros even if its price is based on the oil price

• +4 1

Here is the reason as to why this was to fall, Venezuela was trying to run from a problem and the truth is is currency had fallen but look at this way getting into crypto to run from that problem was really rough in such that you lose, really you lose, you already have a loss to it, because when you run  the  coin, they had to be accepted universality .

• +4 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:34 AM, Norelys Jaimes said:

The question we all ask ourselves is whether this token is really a cryptocurrency, and the answer is NO, since it lacks support 

I think that in order for a currency to be CRYPTO-currency, it has to be a digital asset that has been created cryptographically, so if the PETRO coin meets this criteria, then it's a cryptocurrency regradless of its creators/backed by fixed assets or not...

Edited by setifien

The petro is a cryptocurrency'' it is created by venezuelan president  nicolas maduro in December 2017. The value of petro would be based on the country oil, natural gass,and mineral reserves .